JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I must have been under a rock somewhere. What refund?
Eotech falsified testing data for extreme temperatures on some of it's sights. They settled with the Government / DoD. There is a civilian lawsuit against them so in a move to stem that they offered full refunds if you wanted to return your sight. Nearly everyone I know who owns one never plans on using it in Northern Alaska or Siberia so they just kept them.

Well I have two of them and do not plan on that either. But that is kinda funny. I watch that show on NATGEO, "Alaska State Troopers" and have seen those sights on there patrol rifles.

Anybody received their refund yet. I mailed mine on January 5th, they received it on the 7th. Since it's only been 4 weeks I'm not overly concerned, just a little curious.
Oh gosh...I guess that means I should bubblegum over a company that produced and awesome optic, of which I own (3) and have never had a problem with any one of them. More first world problems for the American entitlement mindset...geeze.

Oh gosh...I guess that means I should bubblegum over a company that produced and awesome optic, of which I own (3) and have never had a problem with any one of them. More first world problems for the American entitlement mindset...geeze.

I dont know man, lying on testing to get government contracts potentially putting our troops in harms way just to make profit. But that's the true American way

I dont know man, lying on testing to get government contracts potentially putting our troops in harms way just to make profit. But that's the true American way
My point keyboard commandos like myself and others are hardly damaged by the fact that our EoTech may not work at -70f or whatever. But then again, us Americans like our free stuff.

I've followed the Eotech issue to an extent. People have them. Those satisfied, carry on and use what's proven. Many have old, beat-up, used and abused, that perform well, but follow-the-leader to reap/rape the harvest. I would (and still may) purchase.

It's not that I'm looking for something for free. I loved my eotech and debated if I should send it back or not. I decided to mainly because although I never plan on getting rid of my firearms but if I did I want to make sure that they hold their value and if I had an optic that is tainted it may bring the value down and the optic be worthless.

It's not that I'm looking for something for free. I loved my eotech and debated if I should send it back or not. I decided to mainly because although I never plan on getting rid of my firearms but if I did I want to make sure that they hold their value and if I had an optic that is tainted it may bring the value down and the optic be worthless.

Your kidding, right?

Your kidding, right?
No, why would I be kidding? I suppose me saying it could be worthless is an exaggeration but it certainly would/should be worth less than one that was not listed in the recall. Personally I didn't want to return it and I'll prob buy a new one after the dust has settled as long as their backorder status isn't terrible. Most likely the end result will be I will end up paying more $$$ for the optic like I had for it not to be branded.

Meh, its not like it would ever get up to 122 F in NC. It sure as hell wouldn't get down to -40 F in NC. So if I did happen to have an Eotech, I'd probably just keep it.

But I'm more likely to get an Aimpoint. If I could even use a red dot that is.

Ambient temperature is not the problem, it will easily get that hot on top of an Ak with an Ulitmak and that is the main issue, it will get fried.

Their is no comparison when it come to battery life between the two, Aimpoint rules.

Well, I doubt I'd shoot my rifle fast enough for that to matter. But even so, as I said already, I'm more likely to have an Aimpoint anyways.

Point being they were not holding up to the temperatures they claim they would and it cost them 25 million, but the real question is did cost good guys lives?. I know a couple guys that fried them on AKs and that kept me from going down that road.

Probably did cost a few good men. If you actually get a rifle that hot offen enough then I can see the refund being necessary. For me, not really. Course, I also wouldn't have an Eotech in the first place.

I'm more of an iron sights or scope guy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top