Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

EoTech Refund

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tanzuki, Feb 6, 2016.

1. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Anybody received their refund yet. I mailed mine on January 5th, they received it on the 7th. Since it's only been 4 weeks I'm not overly concerned, just a little curious.

2. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I must have been under a rock somewhere. What refund?

3. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Eotech falsified testing data for extreme temperatures on some of it's sights. They settled with the Government / DoD. There is a civilian lawsuit against them so in a move to stem that they offered full refunds if you wanted to return your sight. Nearly everyone I know who owns one never plans on using it in Northern Alaska or Siberia so they just kept them.

Dyjital and Medic! like this.
  4. rdb241

Well I have two of them and do not plan on that either. But that is kinda funny. I watch that show on NATGEO, "Alaska State Troopers" and have seen those sights on there patrol rifles.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  5. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Oh gosh...I guess that means I should bubblegum over a company that produced and awesome optic, of which I own (3) and have never had a problem with any one of them. More first world problems for the American entitlement mindset...geeze.

gryghin, Dyjital, Brutus57 and 4 others like this.
  6. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Falsifying data? . . . Who do they think they are?
    They should be running for president!?!?!?

Sheldon

ZigZagZeke, Dyjital, Norm0931 and 3 others like this.
  7. 308

8. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I dont know man, lying on testing to get government contracts potentially putting our troops in harms way just to make profit. But that's the true American way

9. 308

My point keyboard commandos like myself and others are hardly damaged by the fact that our EoTech may not work at -70f or whatever. But then again, us Americans like our free stuff.

10. rdb241

Even my Chinese copy works just fine. Do you think they would know the difference? :rolleyes:

11. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

I've followed the Eotech issue to an extent. People have them. Those satisfied, carry on and use what's proven. Many have old, beat-up, used and abused, that perform well, but follow-the-leader to reap/rape the harvest. I would (and still may) purchase.

Medic! and 308 like this.
  12. tanzuki

It's not that I'm looking for something for free. I loved my eotech and debated if I should send it back or not. I decided to mainly because although I never plan on getting rid of my firearms but if I did I want to make sure that they hold their value and if I had an optic that is tainted it may bring the value down and the optic be worthless.

13. rdb241

Your kidding, right?

14. tanzuki

No, why would I be kidding? I suppose me saying it could be worthless is an exaggeration but it certainly would/should be worth less than one that was not listed in the recall. Personally I didn't want to return it and I'll prob buy a new one after the dust has settled as long as their backorder status isn't terrible. Most likely the end result will be I will end up paying more $$$ for the optic like I had for it not to be branded.

15. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

From all I've read, kool-aid bashing aside, Eotech is proven.

16. tanzuki

Totally agree. So much that I will end up repurchasing it. None the less, back to my original question...Am I the only one that returned theirs?

17. 308

Stomper likes this.
  18. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

Meh, its not like it would ever get up to 122 F in NC. It sure as hell wouldn't get down to -40 F in NC. So if I did happen to have an Eotech, I'd probably just keep it.

But I'm more likely to get an Aimpoint. If I could even use a red dot that is.

Stomper likes this.
  19. Boboclown

Well, I doubt I'd shoot my rifle fast enough for that to matter. But even so, as I said already, I'm more likely to have an Aimpoint anyways.

20. Boboclown

Probably did cost a few good men. If you actually get a rifle that hot offen enough then I can see the refund being necessary. For me, not really. Course, I also wouldn't have an Eotech in the first place.

I'm more of an iron sights or scope guy.