JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
recently acquired an Eotech 552.A65
The holo reticle is very blurry- emailed Eotech (no response) and have searched online- no real answers popped up
this came in a complete box, so I really doubt its counterfeit-
anybody have any solutions to make it clearer/sharper?

recently acquired an Eotech 552.A65
The holo reticle is very blurry- emailed Eotech (no response) and have searched online- no real answers popped up
this came in a complete box, so I really doubt its counterfeit-
anybody have any solutions to make it clearer/sharper?
Try to take a good picture of the reticle and see if it appears just as blurry in the picture. Do you have any other red dot or holographic sights? If so, do the reticles on those appear perfectly crisp? If you have an astigmatism, then any red dot or holo-sight reticle can appear blurry, fuzzy, or "scattered."

If the reticle is turned up to a very bright setting, it might look blurry - but that probably depends more on your eyes. As mentioned above, an astigmatism can make those reticles look blurry.

Try tuning the brightness down, it you haven't already done that.

Another thing I've noticed is if you try to shoot the EOTech with one eye closed it does get very blurry when you open up both eyes it usually goes away but that's just in my experience.

Holograms are fuzzy. Your brightness is probably up way too high and it could also be mounted too close to your face. Crank it down until its barely visible then add one step of brightness. Also, mount it so the clamping part of the optic is as far forward on the RECEIVER as possible, but doesn't bridge over onto the handguard. The 552 uses AA so the battery compartment will hang over onto the handguard, thats fine.

Holograms are fuzzy. Your brightness is probably up way too high and it could also be mounted too close to your face. Crank it down until its barely visible then add one step of brightness. Also, mount it so the optic is as far forward on the RECEIVER as possible, but doesn't bridge over onto the handguard. The 552 uses AA so the battery compartment will go over onto the handguard, thats fine.
I want to say that Brandon has it right on that's probably the best way to perfectly describe it!

Try to take a good picture of the reticle and see if it appears just as blurry in the picture. Do you have any other red dot or holographic sights? If so, do the reticles on those appear perfectly crisp? If you have an astigmatism, then any red dot or holo-sight reticle can appear blurry, fuzzy, or "scattered."
To add to rulining out astigmatism.
If your crosshairs are doubled or blurry off to one side, rotate the the sight 360 degrees while looking through it.
If the double image stays in the same place and does not rotate with the sight its your eye not the sight.
Probobly not your problem but this is how I found out I had an astig.

For future reference, a prism sight isn't affected by astigmatism but they are heavier since they have more lenses and they do need a specific eye box. I have a Swampfox Blade (1X-25) on my AR and the eyebox length is very generous so it's not a big deal for me. If you start researching, you'll find that the battle between the two is as bad as those between types and brands of oil or car brands.:s0045:

Here's the thing that nobody tells you... holographic reticles really aren't that nice to look at. They're grainy and fuzzy (The Vortex UH-1 is a little nicer but still fuzzy). It's not a defect, it's the result of the technology being utilized. When you use a holographic sight you look past the reticle and at your target, this will sharpen the reticle. If you focus on the reticle it will appear more grainy.

Interesting, I've always heard holographics were better than conventional led emitter dots for astigmatism- but not as good as etched reticle prisms or LPVO's.

Interesting, I've always heard holographics were better than conventional led emitter dots for astigmatism- but not as good as etched reticle prisms or LPVO's.
Really depends on the eye, I have moderate stig and Some red dots work better for me over others. Pistol holosun is awful but their rifle dot (51c) is okay. For me, the Eotech looks decent but to my buddy who also has stig its an awful starburst.

Grainy is normal for holographic sights regardless

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads