JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I called up this morning over my 512 I sent in in December, they said the check had actually been cut yesterday and is in the mail, which seemed a little convenient. Time will tell.

I requested and received a return authorization on 12/4/15. Sent the unit in that week. Received acknowledgement it was received on 1/15/16. Today is 2/10/16. Have not received a check yet.
I gotta say I've not received an email saying they received it yet. I guess I have a few more days considering your confirmation was a month and 10 days. I'm at a month and 5 days, and yes I did send the return confirmation email in with the sight;). At least I have it insured. Although USPS shows it was delivered so I dunno how that would actually work if I needed to open a claim.

Oh gosh...I guess that means I should bubblegum over a company that produced and awesome optic, of which I own (3) and have never had a problem with any one of them. More first world problems for the American entitlement mindset...geeze.
All three of mine failed with in a year. If you read the whole law suit more then just hot or cold weather. Even fog or rain is throwing off the zero on some people sights.

Well, it looks like a great deal for those who have no issues and simply want to sell back their $400+ EoTech for $54.75 to $162.37 depending on the model. :eek:

The only problem I've had with any of mine is the battery compression spring appears to take a set over time and does not make a solid contact. It's easily overcome.

That right there isn't an issue just for eotechs. If you zero a scope at 70 F but then it becomes 40 F, you have to zero it again. Temperature does affect your zero, as does a few other things.
Eotech so are not target optics on target rifles.
Having as much as a 20 MOAshift at any distance is not the same as having a few more inches drop at long distance because of muzzle velocity changes.

Eotech so are not target optics on target rifles.
Having as much as a 20 MOAshift at any distance is not the same as having a few more inches drop at long distance because of muzzle velocity changes.

I know the issues of Eotech, but what he was referring to is more of an issue for sights in general.

Well, it looks like a great deal for those who have no issues and simply want to sell back their $400+ EoTech for $54.75 to $162.37 depending on the model. :eek:

The only problem I've had with any of mine is the battery compression spring appears to take a set over time and does not make a solid contact. It's easily overcome.
Not sure where you got those numbers? They are refunding the price originally paid plus shipping.

Sent mine back. Received it on the 19th of January when they signed for it. Still waiting to hear from them. I will be calling them next week to talk to them on timelines and such, since it will be about 4 weeks (which fits in the window of most large companies regarding things like this).

I took mine to Afghanistan and back. It was a good sight, but as time wore on, it wouldn't hold a zero, regardless of outside temperature (which ranged from -20 in the winter to the 90's in the summer). POI was (best guess) shifting about 2 MOA. I thought like many of you guys, that since I live in OR and I wasn't going to be doing 3 gun in Barrows Alaska, that the EO Tech would be fine. Then it started shutting itself off after 2-3 shots, even with new batteries. Then one day, went to change them out and one of the springs fell out. Spent 10 minutes looking on the gravel for it at the range.

My plan is to use their refund to buy a Trijicon Reflex sight for my main AR-15. No batteries and zero functioning issues. In fact, all of my rifles (and a couple pistols) after this are headed toward battery-less sights.

Not sure where you got those numbers? They are refunding the price originally paid plus shipping.
From the *.PDF download they mailed to me after I entered my information on their refund. I wanted to see what all the excitement was about. Screenshot_2016-02-11-08-06-47.png IMG_20160211_080526.jpg

From the *.PDF download they mailed to me after I entered my information on their refund. I wanted to see what all the excitement was about.View attachment 277330View attachment 277331
<broken link removed>. At the bottom
Customer Return Policy
We sincerely appreciate your business and will do our utmost to ensure your satisfaction. If you desire a full refund of your purchase price (plus shipping costs), please let us know by completing the form at www.eotechinc.com/return-authorization-request-form.

Hmmm. I am assigning no nefarious intent on the part of CMC, but if EO-Tech is buying them back at full price plus 15 dollars to cover the shipping, and CMC is buying them back for a much lower rate, is CMC's business plan to return these to EO tech for the FULL price to recoup their losses?

Just sounds slightly fishy with the difference between the two.

Oh "chit", the sky is falling, the sky is falling..................Non of us will be in sub zero weather and try to use your Eotech. There is nothing wrong with both of my Eotechs. So all you guys returning yours.....keep drinking the "koolaid".
I just found out that my "Nike" Air Jordon has a messed up shoestring eye. I better send it back before my shoe lace comes out and I trip. o_O

As of January 31, 2016...Eotech sights were seen on many law enforcement and FBI rilfes.

Image deleted out of respect

Last Edited:
Oh "chit", the sky is falling, the sky is falling..................Non of us will be in sub zero weather and try to use your Eotech. There is nothing wrong with both of my Eotechs. So all you guys returning yours.....keep drinking the "koolaid".
I just found out that my "Nike" Air Jordon has a messed up shoestring eye. I better send it back before my shoe lace comes out and I trip. o_O
And yet all 3 of mine failed one way or another in the tame a$$ weather in Portland/ Vancouver area.

Speak for yourself. I shoot year round. Here we can have cold snaps that last a week or so and it can be way below zero. Last winter a few of us were shooting in my back yard and had real trouble hitting at moderate distance.
Limiting training with a defensive rifle to only nice weather and conditions is detrimental to skill set. If I thought of my rifle as a plinker I suppose it wouldn't matter. It is possible I take it too seriously though

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top