JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're gunna end up with airsoft knock offs more than likely. Which in turn will more than likely loose their zero.

If I were you I would just run iron sights and continue to save until you could pick up the real thing. You can pick them up at a good price second hand.

as far as I know eotech is the only one that attempts to project the reticle on the target eliminating a focal plane.
Are there any others?

There are some holosin options that are physically similar, but I'd save up for an actual EoTech. You can find them used for around $400 pretty regularly

Vortex UH-1 . Going to pay pretty close to the same as an Eotech though.

I hear the gen 2 is improved as there was a green tint from the first generation that was annoying.

I second the save and get what you want. If your not looking for NV compatibility they can be picked up pretty close to your price. Have seen a few listed around that 250-275 price.

1701052750688.png
Eotech 558 and G43 rep combo at Alixpress $44.18 free shipping. If it lasts thru 1 full mag. Worth!

Bushnell used to have one. Not sure if they still make it, but worth looking into.

Otherwise, just get an Eotech. The copies are made for airsoft guns.
Ah yes the classic Bushnell Holosight. $200 obo for a lovingly used unit on eBay right now. 4 days and 16hrs left on the listing!

Last Edited:
You're gunna end up with airsoft knock offs more than likely. Which in turn will more than likely loose their zero.
Did EoTech ever fix their zero drift issue? They did not hold their zero through 40-60 degree temperature swings. When I had an option to send mine in for the recall I did and have not considered them since. It was a shame because I really loved their holo tech, but I hated feeling like I always had to re-confirm zero between the seasons.

Did EoTech ever fix their zero drift issue? They did not hold their zero through 40-60 degree temperature swings. When I had an option to send mine in for the recall I did and have not considered them since. It was a shame because I really loved their holo tech, but I hated feeling like I always had to re-confirm zero between the seasons.
Mine has stayed true. And a ton of Tier 1 groups use them. I'm not worried about it.

Every scope/optic manufacturer has had issues in the past and will have them in the future. No one is perfect.

Last Edited:
Mine has stayed true. And a ton of Tier 1 groups use them. I'm not worried about it.

Every scope/optic manufacturer has had issues in the past and will have them in the future. No one is perfect.
I think the issues was less that the optics had problems and more about how EoTech hid the issue for years. They did not own it and fix it, they buried it, lied about it and doubled down when evidence came up about it publicly. I remember when they were finally forced to do the recall there were open questions about if it would kill the company, since they had dozens of canceled contracts, whole countries getting in on the now legally mandatory return policy and a bunch of independent attention demonstrating the differences between the marketing claims and the objective reality of the product. A huge number of T1 groups dropped them at that time and re-adoption has been slow.

Now granted this was not every optic, so if yours is good then lucky you, but it is super important to make sure yours is as good as you think it is. Mine drifted one or two clicks over 40-60 degrees (1/2 MOA I think). The worst offenders drifted more than 10 MOA over ~100 degrees according to sources at the time.

I think the issues was less that the optics had problems and more about how EoTech hid the issue for years. They did not own it and fix it, they buried it, lied about it and doubled down when evidence came up about it publicly. I remember when they were finally forced to do the recall there were open questions about if it would kill the company, since they had dozens of canceled contracts, whole countries getting in on the now legally mandatory return policy and a bunch of independent attention demonstrating the differences between the marketing claims and the objective reality of the product. A huge number of T1 groups dropped them at that time and re-adoption has been slow.

Now granted this was not every optic, so if yours is good then lucky you, but it is super important to make sure yours is as good as you think it is. Mine drifted one or two clicks over 40-60 degrees (1/2 MOA I think). The worst offenders drifted more than 10 MOA over ~100 degrees according to sources at the time.
Ok. You obviously know all.

Eotechs - bad
3 point slings - good
Fixed blades - not worth it
Medical - to inconvenient to carry

I won't ever take any advice from you simply by what I've read in your posts on this forum.

Eotechs are DEFINED DURATION optics. They're perfect when you know that their short battery lives won't matter or when running nods.

Eotechs are one of the worst choices for an optic being relied upon for UNEXPECTED/UNKNOWN need/duration. They can and will let you down in terms of battery life.

If you want a proven and durable bullseye style optic with incredible battery life, I can't recommend the Mepro RDS Pro V2 enough. IDF has used them to great effect for some time. For all other dot needs I recommend Aimpoint. The dot will still be working years into the future and they're bombproof.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews