JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_1339.jpeg

I have to wonder why they put smart meters on our homes, are pushing us to use electricity for everything and are restricting are ability to produce energy at the same time. I guess diversity is not admirable when it comes to energy sources.

I have to wonder why they put smart meters on our homes, are pushing us to use electricity for everything and are restricting are ability to produce energy at the same time. I guess diversity is not admirable when it comes to energy sources.
Because it's easier for them to shut down your house with the flip of one switch

Okay so this is what results from bad planning coupled with unlimited growth. Bad planning has people pushing us into electric cars without consideration for the additional strain on the grid. New housing developments go in, again without increases in generating and transmission capability. Same thing with new industry. Cities want the job and tax revenues, but don't want to pay for improving the infrastructure. The grid will break under the strain.
I'm not backing the government plan. That said, most of the country under utilizes the surface area of structures for PV.
Parking lots offer substantial opportunities. Pvs on every home roof to cite a few.
It's not perfect, but perfection is often sought, but seldom obtained.

It's easy to see that in the future, many if not most utilities will shut down the grid during high wind events to avoid liability.
That will force us to adapt. Personal power generators will/are becoming the norm. While not cheap, it will be the answer.

My new house has a Generac installed by the previous owner. It's a welcome addition.

Because it's easier for them to shut down your house with the flip of one switch
It is easier to read meter since since it a wifi or thing in it. They redid out electrical meter, NG meter and our water meter. Years ago we had people reading reader meters.

Our electric meter was in the backyard and our gas meter was in our side yard in house I grew up in. We did not have a water meter in house I grew up in.

Somebody in another thread here stated his local power company offered him a free "smart thermostat" if he would agree to let the company set his thermostat level twice a day.

Sounds to me like much more than "monitoring," it goes into controlling.

It is easier to read meter since since it a wifi or thing in it. They redid out electrical meter, NG meter and our water meter. Years ago we had people reading reader meters.

Our electric meter was in the backyard and our gas meter was in our side yard in house I grew up in. We did not have a water meter in house I grew up in.
It was meant as a potential/probable reason for making everyone's home electric only. It will be very easy for the government types to shut off everyone's power whenever they feel a need to show everyone who the boss is. The meter is simply a billing device.

Last Edited:
It was meant as a potential/probable reason for making everyone's home electric only. It will be very easy for the government types to shut off everyone's power whenever they feel a need to show everyone who the boss is. The meter is simply a billing device.
The government doesn't have control over utilities to do that. Many are privately owned, and many fall under the private utility.

We analyzed plans for one of these to be the power backup for a chip plant rather than egens and UPS. Had the plants scale been bigger, it would have been cost effective.

No, we have enough. 'He,' 'she,' and 'it' covers everything.
You forgot the one that covers them all: IDGAF.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top