JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The U.S. power system is faltering just as millions of Americans are becoming more dependent on it—not just to light their homes, but increasingly to work remotely, charge their phones and cars, and cook their food—as more modern conveniences become electrified.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/americ...8gc9v0njf0g&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 8.59.10 AM.png

Yep, and the progress of SmartGrid efforts and uplifting the ailing infrastructure should tell you just how thoroughly eff'ed we are. It would take very little to significantly impact the U.S. by a concerted attack on the grid. Remember the massive brown-out a few years back on the East coast? And that was just overload.

Heck, any Thurston County resident can tell you just how bad it is. During storm season, when the wind blows they're the first to lose power for days.

Trump signed an executive order banning any Chinese hardware from being used in our electrical grids after inspections showed their stuff was suspicious.

Brandon RIPPED UP that executive order shortly after being installed.

Enjoy 🤔

This has been a known problem for decades. We're a huge country with an ancient patched-together grid, and we didn't get bombed during the World Wars and need to rebuild.

We have very few power engineering schools, and few graduates. Interestingly, WSU is one of the few schools that teaches it.

It's a good field to get into. A few years ago I saw there were some good incentives for students to go into this field. Evidently not enough to attract the diversity and gender studies majors...

This has been a known problem for decades. We're a huge country with an ancient patched-together grid, and we didn't get bombed during the World Wars and need to rebuild.

We have very few power engineering schools, and few graduates. Interestingly, WSU is one of the few schools that teaches it.

It's a good field to get into. A few years ago I saw there were some good incentives for students to go into this field. Evidently not enough to attract the diversity and gender studies majors...
I'm in the field, engineering is almost all taught on the job. The majority of EE graduated go into MEP, AKA commercial buildings. A very small proportion go into power delivery.

The "Good Intentions Road Paving Company" is at it again.

I'm reminded of California telling their electric car owners they wouldn't be able to charge their cars during the brownouts last year.:rolleyes:

The grid WILL be going down for an extended period of time in the next few years. It is estimated that a full grid shutdown as in all utilities and internet would result in a 20% loss of life within just six weeks.

People at the top of power like Klaus Schwab of the WEC have made statements to that affect. "First we had a biological vir@s, the next will be electronic .........." They are so empowered now with their successes toward the Great Reset they actually openly tell you what they are planning. No need for secret meetings.

Brandon has also made statements about the 'frail' grid and how it could go down for weeks + bank extended closures (read - devaluation).
Trudeau is a KS understudy if anyone is wondering why Trudy is acting so over the top now. Over half the world's politicians and leaders take orders from KS - he recently bragged about that in public. If the populace never awakens, they will indeed own nothing and be happy by 2030.

The grid WILL be going down for an extended period of time in the next few years. It is estimated that a full grid shutdown as in all utilities and internet would result in a 20% loss of life within just six weeks.

People at the top of power like Klaus Schwab of the WEC have made statements to that affect. "First we had a biological vir@s, the next will be electronic .........." They are so empowered now with their successes toward the Great Reset they actually openly tell you what they are planning. No need for secret meetings.

Brandon has also made statements about the 'frail' grid and how it could go down for weeks + bank extended closures (read - devaluation).
Trudeau is a KS understudy if anyone is wondering why Trudy is acting so over the top now. Over half the world's politicians and leaders take orders from KS - he recently bragged about that in public. If the populace never awakens, they will indeed own nothing and be happy by 2030.
I've been saying that Klaus Schwab is the real Ernst Stavro Blofeld and WEF is the bastard lovechild of SPECTRE and HYDRA...

Trump signed an executive order banning any Chinese hardware from being used in our electrical grids after inspections showed their stuff was suspicious.

Enjoy 🤔
Well, the good news is that bit of reporting was a bit hasty and did not reflect the reality of the situation

Too much actual work for those people.

Has nothing to do with the empty shelves in Texas.

Nice deflection though.

LGB
OK, I'm going need you to walk me though this real slow . . .

You said:

And I replied with a link that shows that was not correct.

So you said:

Has nothing to do with the empty shelves in Texas.
Nice deflection though.

So I checked and the link I provided not only doesn't use the word "shelve(s)" even once, but it doesn't even talk about any sort of supply chain issues at all. :confused:

So how did we get from where we started to that?

The "Good Intentions Road Paving Company" is at it again.

I'm reminded of California telling their electric car owners they wouldn't be able to charge their cars during the brownouts last year.:rolleyes:
I was in California when San Francisco lost power. Turned out there was only one main path connecting SF to the main grid. That was 20 years ago. Wonder if they ever added more pathways.

Also, I never believed in getting rid of one power source over another. Do both. I know I never have to be cold as long as there is wood or propane.

What a bunch of retards we have in office.
yet another 'get a clue' moment long tolerated & ignored
I've followed similar concerns & reported fragility for decades now. I can't really tell
the difference between the 60s talk radio reports & the current anxieties.
I did note the difference between rural electric company attitude vs the Big Power companies during one 12 year stretch living 'barely on the grid'. 40+ years of recreational camping also helps discern what IS vs what isNOT really needed to be comfortable.
We had discovered a technique for 2 people to take a good hot shower out of a 1 gallon sun shower sack. Not for everybody or all seasons, yet it gives a glimmer of hope when the Big Reset comes.

....Now if we can only find our old Sun Shower Sack.....

Last Edited:
When Dumbass Joe was inaugurated my diesel fuel was $2.19/gallon.
Today diesel is $4.29/gallon at 57th and E Main in Springfield.
Drove past one place that wanted $4.99 gallon....

But the Biden apologists deflect......

Joe Biden destroys everything he touches.
He's been destroying our economy, foreign policy and making bad decisions for right at 50 years.

This idiot is going to fix the electrical grid.....?
And we're all going to be driving electrical vehicles in 2035?

"....but honey, that is 12 inches...really it is....honest"

Last Edited:
I was in California when San Francisco lost power. Turned out there was only one main path connecting SF to the main grid. That was 20 years ago. Wonder if they ever added more pathways.

Also, I never believed in getting rid of one power source over another. Do both. I know I never have to be cold as long as there is wood or propane.
Unless we are talking about different events it wasn't an issue with "one main path", it was Enron and other suppliers manipulating the supply and profits. There are tons of sources covering Enron and its downfall, I chose Wikipedia because it has a good synopsis

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top