JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's exactly why some of us fear the installation of "smart meters" or thermostats. The government could nationalize power companies and turn your power off at will.
They can try to shut my power off but I know a guy.

1701731418702.png

Their ace in the hole though is to backfeed automobile batteries back into the grid when the sun doesn't shine so we really have nothing to worry about.
Looks like I might have to trade in my siphon hose and gas can for an extension cord and battery.

I don't look forward to hauling around a car battery while parking lot begging.

My latest PP&L bill came the other day. Dividing my payment by the number of Kilowatt Hours, my rate went from $.10 to $.14, so a 40% increase.
We're PP&L. Our last bill was $195.00. Seemed higher than usual. But Wifey takes care of that. There's nothing I can do about any of it anyway. We supplement with wood in our all electric house. Baseboard heat. I'm sure the neighbors people next door think we're destroying the planet. The people with the new 60K electric car, heat pump, electric lawn mower/string trimmer, and grass/weeds knee deep before they do anything about it.

Right? It's insane. Much better to have diversified energy sources. More options are better than fewer.
Because strip-mining third world countries to harvest rare minerals is better for the environment. :rolleyes:

We went to an estate sale up in WA of a guy that was a MAJOR, to the NTH degree, "Rock Hound". His yard and small out buildings were filled with cutting and polishing equipment. And tons, I'd say, of petrified wood. One guy there perusing the place told me that a huge rock hounding area in Northern Nevada had been closed because of future lithium mining.
Here 'tis...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top