JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The government doesn't have control over utilities to do that. Many are privately owned, and many fall under the private utility.
That's exactly why some of us fear the installation of "smart meters" or thermostats. The government could nationalize power companies and turn your power off at will.

That's exactly why some of us fear the installation of "smart meters" or thermostats. The government could nationalize power companies and turn your power off at will.
Or just pass a law/rule that requires the utility to follow the gov's directions with regards to turning off the power. Or the gov can just make a "suggestion" that they do it - utilities depends a LOT of government approval/regulations/etc.

You give too much credit to the government. The government can't even agree to fund itself, let alone takeover a private company.

On top of that, it's much easier to kill power to large swaths, i.e. open a breaker or switch to a distribution line.

You give too much credit to the government. The government can't even agree to fund itself, let alone takeover a private company.

On top of that, it's much easier to kill power to large swaths, i.e. open a breaker or switch to a distribution line.
Much easier to kill power to "large swaths," yes, but the purpose of the smart meters might be to make it feasible to isolate Individual miscreants who are voting wrong; or are not turning in their guns; or who protest the government's new "ownership" of the people's school children.

I agrees the government is too stupid to run a power company; that's why they're in government, they don't want to compete. They just need an overseer to liaise with the actual company management. I'm reminded of The Hunt for Red October, where the Soviets have a "political officer" (no skills or expertise whatsoever) aboard their submarine who can override the military officers.

Oh, yeah; I totally forgot the power company can start/stop your service without coming out to your house. :D You are correct.
Utilities barely have the infrastructure to provide power without brownouts, let alone turn off your power for "problem individuals".

All the reasons why electrical power is increasing in cost, yet Oregon is hell bent on taking down power producing dams in the Willamette Valley. Green Peter, Big Cliff, and Detroit dams to name a few.

Anyone here attend the Corps of Engineers meeting last night to see what they had to say about removing the dams? Did they say anything about replacement power? NuScale SMRs?

All the reasons why electrical power is increasing in cost, yet Oregon is hell bent on taking down power producing dams in the Willamette Valley. Green Peter, Big Cliff, and Detroit dams to name a few.

Anyone here attend the Corps of Engineers meeting last night to see what they had to say about removing the dams? Did they say anything about replacement power? NuScale SMRs?
Aside from the power issues, if those damn dams are removed I'll need to sell my boat.

from a WSJ email overnight, and a link to the FERC report:

The rushed transition to green energy is destabilizing America's electric grid, and a report from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the North American Electric Reliability Corporation provides grim evidence from a winter storm last year, as the editorial board noted this week. One scenario that was avoided but not impossible: Months of no heat in New York City.

The Summit (Dubai December 7-8) will share best practices and innovations across sectors essential to decarbonization efforts. The focus areas include energy, transport, buildings, industry, finance, and nature. This crucial event will focus on how non-government stakeholders can achieve transition pathways to deliver on climate action. The Summit further serves as a platform for front-running pledges, commitments and action-plans aligned with the Paris Agreement's objectives.

AKA, Masters of the universe.

Portland starts it's 16 block E-delivery mandate soon.

Try and read without laughing... or crying.

The program will take effect in early 2024, KGW8 reports. Once it does, any vehicles that violate the "zero-emission delivery zone" will receive parking citations.

Businesses and government buildings in the area will still need to have materials delivered, so Portland is also establishing new "distribution hubs" outside the zone, according to KGW8.

Larger delivery vehicles will be able to drop off their cargo, which will be transferred to EVs, including e-bikes and trikes, for final delivery. Portland has plans to partner with local business B-line Sustainable Urban Delivery to provide this service.

And on the scarier side.

A stroke of a pen, a legislative vote, and the governor's signature created a move toward unprecedented income-based utility fees.

"This was put in at the last minute," said Ahmad Faruqui, a California economist with a long professional background in utility rates. "Nobody even knew it was happening. It was not debated on the floor of the assembly where it was supposedly passed. Of course, the governor (Newsom) signed it."

Faruqui wonders who was responsible for legislation that was added to the energy bill during the budget writing process. That process is not transparent.

Portland starts it's 16 block E-delivery mandate soon.

Try and read without laughing... or crying.

The program will take effect in early 2024, KGW8 reports. Once it does, any vehicles that violate the "zero-emission delivery zone" will receive parking citations.

Businesses and government buildings in the area will still need to have materials delivered, so Portland is also establishing new "distribution hubs" outside the zone, according to KGW8.

Larger delivery vehicles will be able to drop off their cargo, which will be transferred to EVs, including e-bikes and trikes, for final delivery. Portland has plans to partner with local business B-line Sustainable Urban Delivery to provide this service.
Now THAT is some devious bubblegum. Eliminate local businesses' ability to receive or ship any product without going through an intermediary, and that intermediary charges you an arm and a leg to haul it. It's a straight-up government sponsored Mafia racket. Would be very curious to learn who the owners of that urban transport company are and who their friends are in government. Guaranteed someone got paid off to make this happen.

1000002354.png

Now THAT is some devious bubblegum. Eliminate local businesses' ability to receive or ship any product without going through an intermediary, and that intermediary charges you an arm and a leg to haul it. It's a straight-up government sponsored Mafia racket. Would be very curious to learn who the owners of that urban transport company are and who their friends are in government. Guaranteed someone got paid off to make this happen.

View attachment 1774261
My son delivers downtown, his company is using up Californias old worn-out polluting diesel trucks here in Oregon to get every last piece of pollution out of them here locally before they are done.

Mail in Ballots for Newsom.

My son delivers downtown, his company is using up Californias old worn-out polluting diesel trucks here in Oregon to get every last piece of pollution out of them here locally before they are done.

Mail in Ballots for Newsom.
I do some transportation consulting, some of it in Cali. Pretty much the only reason fleets have to replace heavy vehicles is because they become too expensive or impossible to meet the CARB (California Air Resource Board) standards. They ship them off to other states or Mexico, because that solves the pollution problem 🤪.

I'm all for clean air (water, land, etc), and CA needed some help as I remember the "smog alerts" as a kid in the 60s and 70s. The problem is it has gotten 98% better but they are willing to spend (and have others spend) a fortune to work on the final 2%. But "it's for the children" so it's all good.

California is even admitting they don't have the ability to charge the EVs they have today, let alone the growth they think they want.

And don't forget the source of that electricity today is commonly fossil fuels as the alternative technology is immature and unable to meet demands. That's IF we had a grid that would support all the charging stations we "need" and more than a handful of the charging stations actually worked.

California is even admitting they don't have the ability to charge the EVs they have today, let alone the growth they think they want.

And don't forget the source of that electricity today is commonly fossil fuels as the alternative technology is immature and unable to meet demands. That's IF we had a grid that would support all the charging stations we "need" and more than a handful of the charging stations actually worked.
Their ace in the hole though is to backfeed automobile batteries back into the grid when the sun doesn't shine so we really have nothing to worry about.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top