JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only story I got that close enough is I was a gun show and the guy there had an SP89 for sale with the front pistol grip attached. I asked him if it's an AOW and he looks at me with this dumb look. So I try to explain to him that in order to have a front grip on that gun it needs to be registered as an AOW. Now I get an annoyed look and I was going to talk to him some more but I decided it's not worth it and not my problem anyway. I just walked away.

I worked in a big gun store in a city of over 2,000,000 people: 1. I love my buddy's Browning Clitori.... 2. I don't want a big gun.... I want a big, big gun. 3. Future duck hunter- The man was about 4 1/2 feet tall-really. Yes, this gun fits me but I want this one that looks better. He bought the Marlin Super Goose Gun 10 gauge bolt action. 3. Before Clinton held up the black gun: A customer was looking at an AR-15. That was a special order back then. Customer, "Is that a machine gun?" I replied, "No sir it's an AR-15." Customer, "You are going to have a tough time selling that."

I really loathe the argument that populations of people should be deprived of individual liberty because a few individuals commit evil acts.

Sickens me to think that the Brits begged Americans for guns about 80 years ago to have the means to defend themselves from invasion only to have not learned from that lesson and disarm themselves again. History repeats because the human species hasn't really changed and the lessons learned by previous generations are soon forgotten by people who've grown up only ever knowing a relatively secure and well functioning society.
What I heard was the British asked us for ships when they were engaged in WWII before we were. I never heard anything about them asking us for our hunting rifles or revolvers or other personal weapons, military or otherwise. ???

And didn't the US also shrink its army and navy to nearly nothing after WWI just like the British did?

Dumbest thing I've heard?
"Customer service is our number one priority."
(Actual action showed that customer service didn't really matter after the purchase was made.)

Me:
Why are your Remington 700s $100.00 over suggested retail price?

Warren:
BECAUSE WE HAVE GOOD SERVICE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG WITH THE RIFLE!

Me: Okay, I've never had that sort of issue. Bye Felicia
LOL.....(my sarcasm)
BUT, But, but.....you're talking about the Remington 700.

Aloha, Mark

And didn't the US also shrink its army and navy to nearly nothing after WWI just like the British did?
FWIW, the British had a formidable Navy, pre-WWII. This Royal Navy was a major deterrent to the planned German invasion of Great Britain.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard in a gun shop is some moron rambling on and on about how cool his MP5 22LR was. How much everyone loved it, wanted to touch it, etc. Nobody was listening to this guy. He was just talking out loud to himself. Like an 8-year old. An 8-year old with zero self awareness. THEN, he tried to sell it to anyone that was within earshot. Pretty pathetic.

To a degree yes, but the issue about the UK asking us for ships is only being used comparatively.

The simple fact remains is there can be no comparison (or debate) with regard to private firearm ownership between the UK and the USA due to our extreme historical differences and sizes of both countries.

If both countries had followed similar evolutionary paths, were the same size and had a similar government design yet ended up with dramatically different gun laws with regard to private ownership then a good debate could take place but not with the dramatic differences between us and them.

What I heard was the British asked us for ships when they were engaged in WWII before we were. I never heard anything about them asking us for our hunting rifles or revolvers or other personal weapons, military or otherwise. ???

When the English were worried about invasion of their island by German forces they were. This concept has been included in multiple documentaries as well.

At Cabelas gun counter browsing....

Clerk: Whatca lookin for?
Me: What have you got in .410 bore?
Clerk: Whadda ya want with a 410? They ain't good for nuthin. Ya can't kill anything with em.
Me: Wow! Animals must have gotten a lot tougher than the were 65 years ago when I was a kid. I used a bolt action 410 to put rabbit, pheasant, Qual, grouse and more in the cooking pot.
Clerk: Let me show you some 12 gauges.
Me: No thanks. Got any black powder rifles kicking around back there?
Clerk: Yeah, I think there's a Pedersolli 50 caliber Hawkin back there, but we haven't put it out yet.
Me: Can I take a look at it?
Clerk: *clearly miffed* Sure. I guess we're putting it out now if you don't buy it.

I did buy it and during the process heard another clerk telling someone that "there's absolutely no difference between .223 Remington and 5.56 NATO ammunition and chambers" and that the 2 are "completely interchangeable".

And didn't the US also shrink its army and navy to nearly nothing after WWI just like the British did

Seeing the threat. *Some US Citizens sent their personal arms over.

But....Whatever, the technical machination of the theme. It's not like I'll be sending my arms over to help (should another invasion threaten them). But that's just my $0.02 (opinion).

*Note : Currently, there are many laws that cover the import and export of arms. For instance.....ITAR regulations and.....

Aloha, Mark

PS....since WW2, America has changed. Friends are now considered enemies and vice versa.

And, I'm NOT saying that The UK or Australia is now an enemy. But....consider their politics before you donate your firearms (if it comes to that).

Last Edited:
When any woman is looking for any gun, the only acceptable answer is, apparently, a pink j frame

I was at Cabelas last year listening to the guy behind the gun counter talking to two women who had never owned a gun but were interested in buying one. He insisted that they did not want a semi auto because they jam all the time and that they would need to take a special class to learn how to unjam it. And what they really needed was a light weight hammerless revolver. I so wanted to intervene but kept my nose out of it. Fortunately they left without buying anything.
I have had to tackle @SouthernGirl more times that I can count to stop her from throat punching salesMEN who spew this. Sure, there are some women / men / new shooters who end up deciding upon a small framed revolver but to blindly state this, without them having try one, just makes one scream.
(Not implying she is prone to actual violence :rolleyes:)
Before you buy your wife a semi-auto, see if she can pull the slide back. :s0092:
Agree, and as important, teach a new shooter of any gender how to properly rack and lock a slide back. We have had many students who couldn't do it when we started who could after learning how to properly use the strength they have. But this is also why the S&W EZ series is so popular.

A few years ago I was looking for a specific hunting round. I called around and a gun store
in Gresham had what I wanted. When I asked for three boxes worth the counter guy said,
"Why would you want those?" I was a little pissed but kept my cool and told him I had researched
and for my purposes it was good. He began telling me how wrong I was and went to suggesting
other options and telling me why. I'm 80 now, was probably about 5 years ago then, and I've been
handling guns and shooting since I was about 12 or so. The counter guy could not have bought
a beer without being ID'ed, and I don't think he would have passed. I walked out and have never
returned.

To be fair, there are a bunch of century old metal guns that'll still go boom if given the chance. Some of those plastic parts may prove brittle over time…Guess we'll see.

I agree. But I haven't heard of any Glock frame getting brittle or breaking down in the last 35 years. I have seen the same 5 pics recycled all over the internet where a Glock went kaboom due to overloaded ammo. Of course, the 5 pictures claim it was because the frame is polymer. LOL, whatever. :D

A guy was picking up his gun from my gunsmith buddy. He stated that the nice thing about a .308 is that if you run out of ammo you can shoot other shells in them. I of course had to ask.. d So... How does that work? he said well you can shoot 243's in them. They are real load and sometimes the bullets hit the target sideways but that you can do it!

I was guilty of this once. I loved my .40 Shield so much, I bought my wife a 9mm version. She couldn't rack the slide. At least not without difficulty. She is small and over 50.

Almost twice guilty. The rising crime rate had my mother thinking about the fact she only has five rounds in her bedside revolver. I thought maybe a Glock 19 might be the answer. We were in Bi-Mart together, so I took her back to sporting goods. They had a G19 in stock, but she couldn't rack the slide. She was pushing 80 at the time.
S&W had a good idea when they came up with the Shield EZ. There is a market there for that type of gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top