JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awwww....Come On Man
They were just trying to do some late night shopping. But, they became frustrated because the store was closed. Can you blame them?

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

PS......Yup, unless they are stupid and admit to an attempt to seal guns. Well.....

Last Edited:

I have more than once advocated for the use of bollards as a security device.
I'm really surprised more gun shops don't use them. Seems like every time we see news about a gun shop getting robbed, it involves a vehicle smashing through the front of the store. Hell, even the Target by my house has bollards in front. They are too widely spaced IMO, but at least they're there.

I'm really surprised more gun shops don't use them. Seems like every time we see news about a gun shop getting robbed, it involves a vehicle smashing through the front of the store. Hell, even the Target by my house has bollards in front. They are too widely spaced IMO, but at least they're there.
I think for some stores, bollards were as much about protecting what is behind them from poor drivers/etc., as from thieves crashing to do a smash/grab.

Bollards are rather inexpensive and easy to DIY; just dig a hole at least 3-4' (preferably 6') deep, get some pipe (at least schedule 120) about 6-10" OD that will extend at least 3' above ground, stick it down in the hole, fill the hole and pipe with concrete (preferably high strength). Repeat and rinse with appropriate spacing.

In some applications, use wire rope (at least 1/2" diameter) strung from bollard to bollard. The wire rope can be cut, but it takes time and in a defensive scenario, that time makes the intruder vulnerable to defensive rifle fire.

I have more than once advocated for the use of bollards as a security device.
"Narrowly avoided" is what they say in the video caption. Aptly put! Next time I guess they will have to steal a smart car to fit through there. But smart cars don't have usb hack like that white Kia does.

ball_bollards.jpg

These weigh 1-2 tons each (depending on diameter) and have rebar that goes down into the ground.

It was interesting to see the retractable bollards and anti vehicle plates that could be engaged in seconds during monthly testing. My shop on base was responsible for the testing and general maintenance of the hydraulic systems they used since my enlisted AFSC (job) maintained the hydraulic aircraft arresting systems on the runway. Very stout structures indeed.

Many commercial property owners won't allow stores to install bollards. There was a scandal in Central Ca when a store owner was blamed by the police with for not having sufficient security, including bollards only for it to come out that the city wouldn't allow them. Seems they were too ugly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top