JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not since about two years ago, when these asshats passed I-1639 and got a law on the books that, even with a CHL, you have to wait 10 days. Idiots... :rolleyes:
it's up to 10 days. There is not a mandatory minimum of 10 days, if the BGC comes back before then you can have it before.

it's up to 10 days. There is not a mandatory minimum of 10 days, if the BGC comes back before then you can have it before.
Yeah, I shoulda said "up to" when I first posted that. But I was pretty pissed off just typing that reply that I'm surprised I didn't beat my keyboard to death...

I agree. But I haven't heard of any Glock frame getting brittle or breaking down in the last 35 years. I have seen the same 5 pics recycled all over the internet where a Glock when kaboom due to overloaded ammo. Of course, the 5 pictures claim it was because the frame is polymer. LOL, whatever. :D
Nah I think the frame will be fine, tbh. Enough plastic floating in the ocean for eons not getting close to broken gives me some confidence in modern materials engineering. Seems some of the smaller plastic parts may be the ones more likely to change long term.

Of course it had to be pink....nothing else is fit for a female.
Not if you ask my wife.
Linda's glock 43.jpg

I remember reading a funny article in a gun magazine some years ago; the author talked about hunting (Alaska I think) with a .458 Win Mag.

For kicks he would tell anyone who would listen that one of the big advantages of the .458 was that you could shoot any other belted magnum round in it. .338 Win Mag? No problem. 7mm Mag? No problem. .300 Weatherby? No problem.

He thought it was funny to play dumb and laugh while the other hunters sputtered and fussed - "But, but, but… You just can't DO that!!"

:)
A guy I worked for liked to do something similar with his 460 Weatherby. He'd let someone shoot it with a 338 Win Mag round and then he'd put a 460 round in it. Of course, the second round then 'bout knocked the shooter on their butt. He thought it was funny. I've no use for that kind of "funny".
I was reminded again of this last night, it's 6.5 Candy Corn. Who in their right mind likes Candy Corn.
I like candy corn. But I have no use for the Creedmoor. Prolly cus we have a 243.

Not if you ask my wife.
View attachment 1062568

A guy I worked for liked to do something similar with his 460 Weatherby. He'd let someone shoot it with a 338 Win Mag round and then he'd put a 460 round in it. Of course, the second round then 'bout knocked the shooter on their butt. He thought it was funny. I've no use for that kind of "funny".

I like candy corn. But I have no use for the Creedmoor. Prolly cus we have a 243.
I see your wife likes breakfast at Tiffany's as well.

8A8F33CB-3F62-4A6F-A4F4-3308AC3DE66C.jpeg

I was at an unnamed brick and mortar and I heard a guy ask, "does this thing take bullets, it looks real?"

The salesman then launched in to a 10 minute rant about how ammo is manufactured, how it works, the shortage and Biden.

The guy follows up with, "I'm looking for an air soft gun for my kid."

Customer: I want a simple gun

Employee: let me show you this 1911 it's actually on sale for $999

Customer: Thats to expensive

Employee: let me show you this Canik it has optics plates extra mods!

Customer: Do you have any full sized guns.

Employee: walking past the Glock counter.

Me: You can never go wrong with a Glock wink wink 😉

Employee: she wants an all metal gun

Me thinking: why is she going to be pistol whipping people with it? Might as well get one of these. People have a misconception that you need a heavy metal gun. Polymer isn't the best quality material but it's excellent for carry and it's far more light and easier to carry than a full sized metal 1911
07E8D7F0-6D19-454A-9F7E-78F119FC1D7B.jpeg

I brought my mom into a local gun store to get her first handgun.

She's almost 70 and has arthritis in her hands. Knowing her limitations and lack of technical know-how, I really pushed her to get a j-frame as it would be a no brainer for her to use, just point and click.

The girl behind the counter acted like I was belittling my mom and argued with me that a glock 43 would be perfect for her. She eventually convinced my mom to get the 43 and we took it to the range for her to try. With her arthritis, she wasn't able to pull the slide back, work the slide release, or the magazine release and it was all too confusing to her. I know with training and instruction she would understand it all, but just with the physical limitations it would be impractical for her.

We had to go back the next day and exchange it for the j frame that I wanted her to get in the first place. Waste of time and it angered me that they thought they knew everything about guns and what would be best for my mom just because of what side of the counter they were on.

The Lacey Cabelas "outfitters" are a rare breed.
Worst "experts" I have ever seen. They mishandled a revolver I was buying to the point where I had to say something, then "Sorry". Sorry is dead on.

Many gunshop people like to recommend what they personally like as the best or wisest choice for the person who walks in seeking something that goes bang.
IMO, just tell them to go test drive what feels good and fits their need, then come back and buy what they shot best and were the most comfortable with.

So, if you look at any of my post from years back you might know I worked at a sporting good store on weekends for a very long time. Now that I am retired, I am back there 2 days a week for fun.

A long wile back we were having a sale on H&R single shot break action shotguns in .410, 20ga and 12ga

So, we get a call from a customer that wanted to know if we had any 20ga left as he wanted one for his grandson and my buddy said we still had at least 5 and we could hold one for him.

So, the customer repeats to my buddy just to be clear "this is the H&R break action single shot 20ga on sale for (I don't remember the price) correct" my buddy says yes, then the customer asked HOW MANY DOES THIS HOLD!

You could see the look on my buddy face like what did you just say and being the smart A$$ that he is he says "12 WITH THE OPTIONAL BELT KIT". The customer says put one on hold for me and hung up.

He was not lying as we sold 20ga ammo belts that held 12 rounds.

So, if you look at any of my post from years back you might know I worked at a sporting good store on weekends for a very long time. Now that I am retired, I am back there 2 days a week for fun.

A long wile back we were having a sale on H&R single shot break action shotguns in .410, 20ga and 12ga

So, we get a call from a customer that wanted to know if we had any 20ga left as he wanted one for his grandson and my buddy said we still had at least 5 and we could hold one for him.

So, the customer repeats to my buddy just to be clear "this is the H&R break action single shot 20ga on sale for (I don't remember the price) correct" my buddy says yes, then the customer asked HOW MANY DOES THIS HOLD!

You could see the look on my buddy face like what did you just say and being the smart A$$ that he is he says "12 WITH THE OPTIONAL BELT KIT". The customer says put one on hold for me and hung up.

He was not lying as we sold 20ga ammo belts that held 12 rounds.
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:
That's hilarious, but your buddy should have said, "13, with the optional belt kit."
Because technically, that's a 12 + 1 set-up... :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top