JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are some of the dumbest things you have overheard store employees or customers claiming?

Recently I have had several winners

Employee:
1. The reason we can't get any more Ruger revolvers in is because they stopped making them a year ago? (WTF?)
2. 22 Short is more powerful than 22LR
3. You have to mail the state an $18 fee if you assemble a rifle from a lower receiver or else it is illegal (They wish)

Customers:
1. Argues that he can take home handgun the same day with a CHL.
2. Claims it is illegal to carry more than 10 rounds under a CHL, also claims it must be unloaded.
3. Claims open carry is illegal unless you're LEO.

.338 Norma mag drops 1" at 1k yards.

The only thing you need to do is rack a shotgun and the robber will instantly and literally crap themselves

When any woman is looking for any gun, the only acceptable answer is, apparently, a pink j frame

My ballistic eye wear can literally stop a 5.56 point blank

.50 cal..... For when you need to shoot a bad guy at your cousins house 2 states over. And they don't get it's a joke.

Barrett's weigh 70 lbs (as I pick one up by it's carry handle and repeatedly bicep curl it to prove that's horseplop)

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy....

Counter dude:
Buck Shot or Slugs are great for home defense
9mm is all you really need for a hand gun
you need a magnum to hunt Elk in Oregon

Customer:
Can't I just use Mil surplus for hunting, I am not spending that kind of money on ammo
I'm not spending THAT kind of money on hollowpoints, i'll keep using my bulk mil surp ammo
do I need a concealed permit to buy a handgun?
do I need a license to purchase a gun?

Store owner - Why did you order that gun you could have bought this 1911?
Me- Umm you showed me that same 1911 for the past 7 years and you still want too much for it !
Every flippin time lol

Fanboys gonna fanboy and you can't change their minds. Ever.
Don't get me wrong I like the 1911 and have three but have one wife and like a variety of firearms .

Whatta ya mean, do you carry Glocks, get the hell out of my store and don't come back! Glocks are Tupperware guns, they will blow your hand off, here, look at this 40 year old book of pictures we have of all the Glocks that have blown off peoples hands!
What you really need is this special made hand picked $2800 Colt 1911 or this $3500 Python, leave that Plastic crap to the stupid Europeans, they lost the War cause they only build crap plastic guns!

When I was up in Alaska, there was a place where every time you went in there and asked for something they didn't have in stock, they would try to convince you that either A: you didn't want it, or B: it didn't exist. "Hogue doesn't make a grip for the AK," "Norinco guns are known to explode when fired," etc.

There was another place that carried Saiga rifles and shotguns (they were cheap and plentiful at the time) where the manager insisted it was actually spelled "Siaga" and pronounced accordingly. He was so insistent about this that he would aggressively correct customers' pronunciation and when employees labeled things with the correct spelling, he would cross it out and write his own. Relatively inconsequential, but still entertaining.

Not really gun related, but happened at gun shop... I'm leaving the indoor range I used to shoot at in Charleston, SC, I and I overhear two employees arguing about whether my Ford Bronco in the parking lot was a Ford Bronco or a Chevy K5. It says Bronco on the side...
Still an awesome range with awesome staff, I miss that place.

Last Edited:
Whatta ya mean, do you carry Glocks, get the hell out of my store and don't come back! Glocks are Tupperware guns, they will blow your hand off, here, look at this 40 year old book of pictures we have of all the Glocks that have blown off peoples hands!
What you really need is this special made hand picked $2800 Colt 1911 or this $3500 Python, leave that Plastic crap to the stupid Europeans, they lost the War cause they only build crap plastic guns!
rg%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2015%2f05%2fImage00005.jpg

It wasn't even loaded and the daym G lock blowed up maybe take your hand off or loose an eye ! You want that son now come over here and take a look at these collectable Hi Points ! The is the same kind them fellas used in that there Steve Wic film modified by Tarantula Tactical right cheer .
For the record I do own a as in one Glock and it isn't one of those pretty ones .

Last Edited:
Oh man!

Talking about a can of worms!

Ive heard and seen some truly dumb bubblegum!

I think my favorite was one guy that bought tens if not hundreds of thousands worth of guns, ammo and gear. He bought not 1 but 2 fifties. Returned both because he "couldn't" hit anything. Upon both inspections, he had removed the scope we rough sighted in for him to fit back into the case "better" then he poorly mounted them each time. One of the two scopes was physically damaged from whatever the hell he did. He had absolutely no idea what he was doing 99% of the time, but because he threw money at the store, we pretty much gave him whatever he wanted.

I have seen complete methed out druggie morons assemble guns for a certain Vernonian company. With little to zero knowledge of how a gun works.

Ive heard just about every single BS hunting trip imaginable, stuff like I hit a deer at 1000 yards but by the time we got to the ridge someone stole the animal.

Seen folks try to return just about everything, 50bmg powder because it doesn't work for 9mm but was the only powder on the shelf!

The list goes on!

Good times!

Reno

Me - Is that a Steyr may I take a look at it
Guy at counter- Dude we are putting that one on GUN BROKER
Me- I would like to look at it and most likely buy it
Guy at counter- Picks nose and passes gas

Best one to date " please find another frozen turkey this exact size, because the lady (customer) dropped it and it will be bruised when it thaws out".
Ever see the vid of the guy who stuck a Cornish game hen inside the cavity of the turkey he cooked and then upon carving it open he pulled it out and and announced, 'Oh man, this turkey was pregnant' - its several years old but might still be out there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top