JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Insert firearm / caliber of choice here....Is the best for insert task here.

Speaking for myself and my experience with firearms...
Many different firearms and calibers are very well suited for the same task.

Quality of parts and manufacture are important , but the skill and needs of the shooter , may be a better determining factor of what is" best".
Also worth noting is that what is "best" for one person....may not be "best" for another.
Andy

Whatta ya mean, do you carry Glocks, get the hell out of my store and don't come back! Glocks are Tupperware guns, they will blow your hand off, here, look at this 40 year old book of pictures we have of all the Glocks that have blown off peoples hands!
What you really need is this special made hand picked $2800 Colt 1911 or this $3500 Python, leave that Plastic crap to the stupid Europeans, they lost the War cause they only build crap plastic guns!

Wow, how much time did you spent at the Gun Room ? Or are you the owner ? :)

The gun room hahahaha
Looks like I'm waaaaaaaaaaaay late to the party!

Because they do have (or did. Haven't been in for a very long time) a good selection of older rifles I inquired about a single shot 45-70. Warren asked me why I wanted one of those. I told him that I wanted to play with it and see what kind of power I could get out of one. In typical Gun Room fashion, he poo-pooed me and tried to get me to buy a 416 Rem! Holy Hell! I wanted to play with it, not kill an elephant!

Do regret not buying the SP101 in 357 Magnum from them. This was when they were first introduced and only took 125gr bullets. Collector guns now...

Glock bashing, 1911 bashing. Both are dumb as sh1t.
I hate both as much as I hate AKs and FALs.

If you looked into one of my safes you definitely won't see the holsters holding glocks and 1911s. Both are bad. 1911 only won two world wars, and the glock has only been a good pistol for decades.

Store owner - Why did you order that gun you could have bought this 1911?
Me- Umm you showed me that same 1911 for the past 7 years and you still want too much for it !
Every flippin time lol
Tell me you were at The Gun Room, without telling me you were at The Gun Room...

I've heard some good ones but one of my favorites was a young gentleman with his girlfriend at his side. He walks over to the nighthawks, Wilson's, Les baers, etc and is looking them over acting like he's going to buy. Proclaiming to his girlfriend that at $3500, this is dirt cheap. After a good amount of time looking over the "expensive" guns, he side steps over to the used Glocks and buys one while saying that he's only doing this because they are more reliable.

Not so much as a dumb thing that I've heard at a gun store or show. But more like "memorable".

Back in the 80s.....
My ex-wife and I were standing in line waiting to enter a gun show in Las Vegas. The people in the front of us were discussing the state of America's Educational system. My ex-wife was a school counselor. So of course, she was listening really closely to their conversation.

BTW....I wasn't paying attention. Later (out of the line), she asked me if I found any of it "funny".

Nope. I couldn't recall anything funny or memorable about it.

She repeated to me (in a comical southern drawl) that one of the men said.......

"That boy was dumber than a box of rocks."

Yeah.....it wasn't a comment about America's Schools that got her attention. It was the guy's accent. Rrrright......and they say that people from Hawaii talk funny.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I was at Cabelas last year listening to the guy behind the gun counter talking to two women who had never owned a gun but were interested in buying one. He insisted that they did not want a semi auto because they jam all the time and that they would need to take a special class to learn how to unjam it. And what they really needed was a light weight hammerless revolver. I so wanted to intervene but kept my nose out of it. Fortunately they left without buying anything.

I was at Cabelas last year listening to the guy behind the gun counter talking to two women who had never owned a gun but were interested in buying one. He insisted that they did not want a semi auto because they jam all the time and that they would need to take a special class to learn how to unjam it. And what they really needed was a light weight hammerless revolver. I so wanted to intervene but kept my nose out of it. Fortunately they left without buying anything.
Ok, but was is supposed to be a PINK hammerless lightweight revolver? Because that makes it much more betterer and womanlyer. The only acceptable choice, really :rolleyes: . Call it a personal pet peeve that women are practically expected to own one specific gun and nothing else

"Liked"

Not 'cause of the gun counter guy and his comments...but the minding of one's own business....which is tough at times , when one hears dumb things said to others.

I had friend who was just getting into firearms...and wanted to shoot some hand guns after she shot some of my rifles.
My pick for her was my H&R 649 .22LR revolver.

Her choice was my Colt Series '70 and Colt Dragoon....
We went with those , 'cause it was her choice.
Turned out fine...she shot both well.

Lesson here for me was let the shooter pick...and let the more experienced shooter , tailor the load , as in the case for the Dragoon and or the shooting technique to fit both the new shooter and the gun.
Andy

• I'm selling it to you below cost
  • Its nation match sper duper grade
  • It shoots a.negative MOA.
  • your significant other won't mind.
  • They just quit making them.
  • I know gravity accelerates downward at 9.8 m/s/s but its skerret of this baby and it shoots flatter than a pancake.

Hate the FAL ?
Yeup, hate it! How dare they make an ergonomic rifle with adjustable gas to make it smooth shooting with almost any ammo!

46D5E915-FDC5-4990-B338-3552D163A105.jpeg

Was told by employee at gun shop the 30-06 is a 'dead cartridge.'

For the animal shot by it!!!
Exactly. And not just animals, unless you call the enemy an animal. That's where it gained it's reputation.
Almost 112 years old and still what most other cartridges are compared to.
I happen to have gotten caught up by wanting an Ackley cartridge, but I'd take an '06 on nearly any big game hunt.

Before you buy your wife a semi-auto, see if she can pull the slide back. :s0092:
I was guilty of this once. I loved my .40 Shield so much, I bought my wife a 9mm version. She couldn't rack the slide. At least not without difficulty. She is small and over 50. (On the bright side, I traded it for a full size 9mm M&P for me.:s0114:)

Almost twice guilty. The rising crime rate had my mother thinking about the fact she only has five rounds in her bedside revolver. I thought maybe a Glock 19 might be the answer. We were in Bi-Mart together, so I took her back to sporting goods. They had a G19 in stock, but she couldn't rack the slide. She was pushing 80 at the time.

Definitely something to think about. Particularly for older folks. However, if I worked in a gun store, I would tend to let the potential purchaser discover that for themselves (BEFORE purchase of course) instead of assuming they can't cycle the slide. Sometimes appearances can be deceiving.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top