JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whatta ya mean, do you carry Glocks, get the hell out of my store and don't come back! Glocks are Tupperware guns, they will blow your hand off, here, look at this 40 year old book of pictures we have of all the Glocks that have blown off peoples hands!
What you really need is this special made hand picked $2800 Colt 1911 or this $3500 Python, leave that Plastic crap to the stupid Europeans, they lost the War cause they only build crap plastic guns!
The gun room hahahaha

I interviewed at this place many years ago. After the interview which started an hour late and felt more like a police interrogation and a tour of the "shop" which included the meth heads assembling firearms and one employee quietly telling me not to take the job, it was a hard pass. I am certain that if more people saw what takes place there that they would go under in no time.
I honest to god have no freaking clue how the hell they haven't yet. I'm also generally surprised folks chance buying one of the guns made there.

Last year, I went to the local goof shop. They were of course out of everything, ammo and gun wise. I ordered a Ruger GP100 10mm and had them do the transfer.

When I went in to pick it up, I got the typical, "Why do you want this, 10mm is impossible to find."

I looked on their ammo shelf, pulled off FOUR different loadings for 10mm they had in stock (There was zero 9mm, .45ACP, .357 mag, .38sp, etc).

I said "yeah, total PITA to find, I had to walk at least 15 feet."

In fairness, the owner of that shop was a 10mm fan. Unfortunately this particular employee hadn't bothered to see what was on the shelf before speaking out the wrong hole.

One of my favorites was a guy who was going to Alaska to hunt. So he was looking for a suitable rifle and was asking about a .300 Win Mag.

Salesman: "Oh, you should get a .44 Magnum. It's a bigger and more powerful bullet."

I started laughing so hard that I was asked to leave.

I guess I am lucky. In all my life in the 'gun world' I have never spent enough time in a gunshop/retail store other than to buy something, shop, etc. and never had to 'experience' anything like some of you all have.

I'll admit I have 'overheard' what sounded like something similar to what some have mentioned but I never hung around long enough to listen to it all.

Me: Why is your new indoor range already peppered with holes, overhead and below, many within feet of the bench?

Them: gotta be them antifa comin in to sabotage the place!

Me (in my head): I'm not so sure, most I see coming in here are tactibros with jeep wranglers and fudds. You sure it wasn't the meth heads you give memberships to that come in dual wielding rented glocks?

When I worked in a gunshop I'd frequently hear the following:

Customer:
"let me see that M16." (Or "Uzi" aka a Masterpiece Arms pistol)

"You sell full auto Glocks?"

I'd also see on occasion people open carrying with cheap nylon shoulder rigs with their pistols having an extended mag in the gun. Kind of tacky in my opinion.

I loved getting the Hi Point pistols in the shoe box with loose ball rounds in there as well. The customer wanted to either trade or sell the gun usually.

Customer-"what caliber is this pistol?"
Employee-"9mm"
Customer- "oh okay, can it shoot .45 too?"
Employee-"……….no, ……no it can't!"

I myself couldn't believe what I heard. 🤦🏻

Customer-"what caliber is this pistol?"
Employee-"9mm"
Customer- "oh okay, can it shoot .45 too?"
Employee-"……….no, ……no it can't!"

I myself couldn't believe what I heard. 🤦🏻
Hold my beer . . .

er_w_Thumb_Grooves_NEW__12362.1352953282.1280.1280.jpg

256c7150-30c6-4100-a7d4-e98d364487c7-jpeg.jpg

IMG_0839_zps2016e37b.jpg

Last Edited:
Stupidest thing I have ever heard was the phrase and tag marked "as new" on a revolver. I got duped. It was in with new guns and sold as new. I failed to inspect it past a cursory look as it was supposed to be as new. Long story short it was a wore out firearm so far out of time and visibly worn with nearly 1/8th inch of cylinder slop at the ejector star. When I took it back they told me "as new" could mean anything and it was a used gun with lots of rounds on it. I pitched a fit and got a little loud about it. They agreed to send the gun back to the factory for a new ejector star but would not refund my money and take the gun back. When the gun came back from the factory it was still timed late. I pointed this out and they grabbed a new gun and showed me those were timed late too. I pitched another fit to no avail. I ended up taking the gun to another shop and gave them the whole story with all the paperwork including my receipt when I bought it. They checked the gun out and gave me what I paid for it.

"as new" or in other words "wore out but still looks good"......stupid advertising gimmick. I will never set foot in that shop again. Later that month that shop had a ND by a counter monkey and he shot his thumb.....I laughed and laughed....

What are some of the dumbest things you have overheard store employees or customers claiming?

Recently I have had several winners

Employee:
1. The reason we can't get any more Ruger revolvers in is because they stopped making them a year ago? (WTF?)
2. 22 Short is more powerful than 22LR
3. You have to mail the state an $18 fee if you assemble a rifle from a lower receiver or else it is illegal (They wish)

Customers:
1. Argues that he can take home handgun the same day with a CHL.
2. Claims it is illegal to carry more than 10 rounds under a CHL, also claims it must be unloaded.
3. Claims open carry is illegal unless you're LEO.
Is CHL the same as CPL - concealed pistol license?

Because up until not that long ago, you could buy a pistol and walk out with it same day in Washington. That sweet taste of liberty is now gone. Seems rather "infringy" to me, but since pencil neck lawyers can walk all over the constitution without getting buried, it will continue to get worse.

Stupidest thing I have ever heard was the phrase and tag marked "as new" on a revolver. I got duped. It was in with new guns and sold as new. I failed to inspect it past a cursory look as it was supposed to be as new. Long story short it was a wore out firearm so far out of time and visibly worn with nearly 1/8th inch of cylinder slop at the ejector star. When I took it back they told me "as new" could mean anything and it was a used gun with lots of rounds on it. I pitched a fit and got a little loud about it. They agreed to send the gun back to the factory for a new ejector star but would not refund my money and take the gun back. When the gun came back from the factory it was still timed late. I pointed this out and they grabbed a new gun and showed me those were timed late too. I pitched another fit to no avail. I ended up taking the gun to another shop and gave them the whole story with all the paperwork including my receipt when I bought it. They checked the gun out and gave me what I paid for it.

"as new" or in other words "wore out but still looks good"......stupid advertising gimmick. I will never set foot in that shop again. Later that month that shop had a ND by a counter monkey and he shot his thumb.....I laughed and laughed....
No, no...you didn't understand...

It was priced as if it was new, not that it's quality was as it was new.

That would still suck, though. You needed better timing for sure.

Shotguns are the ultimate HD weapon
ANYTHING about stopping power
Women should start with small, snub .38 J Frames
5.56 was designed to wound
Revolvers are simpler and more reliable than mag fed pistols
Printing while concealing matters
You don't need to do a 4473 to transfer a shotgun (When I lived in CA)

Typical gun store fuddery, really.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads