JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
and people wonder why I go hunting with a few hundred rounds.....

Other then 3 round burst or full auto why doesn't everyone commenting on this own the same gear?

Well, the sniper rifle I had the great opportunity to shoot was a $4000 .308 with a $2200 Nightforce optic on it. The person who shoots it regularly is on first name basis with Clint and Heidi Smith and Chuck Mawhinney. That's my long way of saying I can't afford the gun or the training. I have had the good fortune to shoot a decent number of rounds on burst and full auto from an M4 and a MP5. Again, I can't afford but I consider myself damned lucky to have had the opportunity to shoot them!

Crime syndicate vs Crime syndicate. One has badges, and feigned authority, one does not.

"It's an eye for an eye. You kill one of my guys, I'm not going to rest until I have you in cuffs or on the front side of a weapon. And I mean that,"

Did the above quote of revenge killing come from the Bloods, the Crips, Skinheads, Latin Kings, MS 13, or maybe the Mafia?

Nope...

Officer gunned down for no obvious reason; police chief vows revenge - CNN.com

Also...

Police Chief Rick McCubbin is pledging to catch the killer.

"I can assure you we won't give up on this person until we have him either in custody or in the front site of one of our weapons and I personally hope the later is the choice," McCubbin said.

<broken link removed>

While I totally agree that it would be horrible to have someone that you have known and loved murdered, we non-LEOs cant just go revenge kill the person or people that did it.

Cops should not be able to revenge kill either.

Non-Leos and little old ladies driving pickups while delivering newspapers in Kentucky better use extreme caution, the police are looking for a bad guy that killed one of their own. All non-LEOS be careful out there the cops want revenge. Be ready for some wild shootings from local LE.

:s0064:

Until you are threatened by these thugs yourself, you may not understand. I have and that is why Now, when in Roseburg or south to the California border, when I am enjoying my hobbies in the mountains and rivers, I am prepared. 3 guns, Shorty shotgun, AR SBR, and a 1911. All of them are maxed out with the largest available mags, on the front seat or upright gun lock like the PoPo have, loaded, cocked, and and ready. I will not allow these POS to disrupt my right to enjoy public lands in OR again, and they will sorely be upset when there cheap, poorly trained in, weapons and ability are met by a fierce fire suppression. F#&K these a$$holes who think they can come up from Mexico to grow their weed to make millions here in our state. I don't care about weed, but when you trash, misuse public lands and then kill or threaten citizens of this state who own the land because they may interfere with your business, well, Amigo, I will Fu$k you up next time.
State police should have the best, latest and greatest gear and weaponry in order to take on these poor losers. Make a example and don't worry about the paper work. Let them know, if you come here, you may die. Bring in little birds or even a gunship and not worry about officer casualties.

It is still called the War on Drugs isn't it?

Whoo uhhh

Until you are threatened by these thugs yourself, you may not understand. I have and that is why Now, when in Roseburg or south to the California border, when I am enjoying my hobbies in the mountains and rivers, I am prepared. 3 guns, Shorty shotgun, AR SBR, and a 1911. All of them are maxed out with the largest available mags, on the front seat or upright gun lock like the PoPo have, loaded, cocked, and and ready. I will not allow these POS to disrupt my right to enjoy public lands in OR again, and they will sorely be upset when there cheap, poorly trained in, weapons and ability are met by a fierce fire suppression. F#&K these a$$holes who think they can come up from Mexico to grow their weed to make millions here in our state. I don't care about weed, but when you trash, misuse public lands and then kill or threaten citizens of this state who own the land because they may interfere with your business, well, Amigo, I will Fu$k you up next time.
State police should have the best, latest and greatest gear and weaponry in order to take on these poor losers. Make a example and don't worry about the paper work. Let them know, if you come here, you may die. Bring in little birds or even a gunship and not worry about officer casualties.

It is still called the War on Drugs isn't it?

Whoo uhhh

HUAH!!

I have always carried my "hunting rounds", then there are always the three spare mags, sidearm, belt mount combat knife, and cross shoulder slung machette to deal with the "hey that's our deer/elk" types that may skeez onto the scene. Amazingly, I have never been messed with by any of the multitudes of scruffy "country boys" eye balling my scene... I don't know why. LMAO!

I hear you on the interloping thugs in the woods, brother. I have sworn to take it to them if ever I come across that scenerio as well... plus I can still shoot and scoot.... well.

I have never had a problem in the woods. Had a few in the city but I handled them just fine. I am all for the police getting the bad guys. Just remember that ALL of us non-LEOs are not the bad guys. We want to go home to our wife and kids just as much at LE.

What makes you think some of us don't?

In my original post I was kinda being a smarta**. I honestly hope law abiding citizens do own as much gear as they can afford to protect themselves. Personally I own "tools" that I hope I never need for self defense. With that being said they are strictly for self defense purposes. Id never pay full price but occasionally you stumble across such a good deal you cant pass up. Hopefully im not the only one with such luck.

Just to be clear, this was a joint venture with no less than 10 city/county/state and federal agencies. 50 suspects. Just after the Sheriff was short changed in his budget needs. He was totally unable to do this investigation and bust without a bunch of help.

We recently finished a new jail. 3 pods of cells. Only one pod open because of staff shortages. They had to open a second pod and staff it to handle the load from this bust. Just after the news the county decided to restore his budget to last years level.

I can say from personal experience that the OSP SWAT team is as well outfitted as you would expect of any top echelon military unit. While not routinely engaged in firefights like the military folks some of the warrants and issues they deal with certainly provide justification for their kit.

While I don't disagree with the motivation to outgun the bad-guys, especially when dealing with well financed cartels, at the taxpayer's expense. I fail to see any of these running gun battles happening with baddies aside from one well publicised event in another state involving a couple of douchebags that illegally converted a couple of semi-autos.
It seems more like guys who couldn't make it in special operations (or didn't want the commitment) wanting to play with the same toys.
I can see it all now. "Well I used my EOtech and magnifier to draw a bead on the perp's nose, lit him up with my PEQ-2a laser illuminator in case we needed to send in our A-10 warthog for close air support, fired up the AN/PVS-14 in case things went past dark and I was late for meatloaf night (that would REALLY tick me off), then fired up my surefire 10,000 lumen mega-blaster to destroy any vision the bad guy (or my team) had. I wish the "armory" had gotten our shipment of mk67 frag grenades but apparently those haven't arrived yet..."
With all the unnecessary "kit" they spend our money on they could hire a couple extra officers.

I am all for the police getting the bad guys. Just remember that ALL of us non-LEOs are not the bad guys. We want to go home to our wife and kids just as much at LE.

We also need to remember, cops are us. There are the same percentage of crooked LEO as there are bad civilians. Not all LEOs are crooks and I hope they remember that not all civilians are crooks.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews