Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Drug Cartels in Oregon and the militarization of police.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 9MilMan, May 20, 2013.

1. 9MilMan

9MilMan Milwaukie Active Member

2. CamoDeafie

CamoDeafie Albany Well-Known Member

our Military ARE this well-equipped. it just so happens that only Tier One/ top level groups get this much fancy equipment (Special Forces, Airborne, similar groups)...
    maybe not as widespread but who's paying for them? the taxpayers....and once again; who's paying for the State Police here? Oregon Taxpayers....

3. Bushman

Bushman Auburn, WA Well-Known Member

But they are just here doing the jobs Americans don't want to do.

Rmacleery and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

:paper:

5. nwhpfan

nwhpfan Hopville Active Member

If the State Police have to go up against Narco Cartels here in Oregon, I expect them to be armed accordingly. Now if this State Trooper dressed like the picture to patrol the State Fair, I'd get your point.

6. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I can say from personal experience that the OSP SWAT team is as well outfitted as you would expect of any top echelon military unit. While not routinely engaged in firefights like the military folks some of the warrants and issues they deal with certainly provide justification for their kit.

hker71 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. EMNofSeattle

EMNofSeattle Kitsap Active Member

The police service has always adopted equipment based on the military. look at the regular patrol uniforms for most state police agencies, they all have roots in the uniforms of the doughboys in WW1. the term "trooper" refers to the first state police agencies out west modeling their forces after the US Cavalry. The police forces have always been paramilitary in nature. "militirization of police" is at least 100 years old....

This uniform in the picture is not a regular patrol officer, and whenever he's not doing SWAT duties he's not wearing that get-up. besides, that cammo uniform will outlast the service uniform for a long time...

8. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

The "ringleader" was busted just a few miles from my house. Hopefully the meth supply in my area will run out now.

9. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Don't bet on it, Cartels have more money than Oregon

aslinged and (deleted member) like this.
  10. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

11. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

For every"ringleader"they remove,there`s three or four subordinates chomping at the bit to take over his spot.

12. cueball1214

cueball1214 Beaverton Active Member

This dose not surprise me at all. The police need to have the ability to go up against any criminal. When going up against criminals that have 50 plus guns, i would expect them to be well equipped. Like stated before, if i saw this officer dialed in like this and just patrolling the streets, yeah that would differently raise an eyebrow.

13. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

The bad guys only have guns because of the gun extremists who refuse to accept common sense legislation like confisca..., I mean registra..., I mean universal background checks and no ammu..., I mean low capacity magazines. I'm sure they are just misunderstood, and would vote Democ..., I mean be productive members of society that should be given sanctuary.

huuuurggggaerherallllph... sorry, all, I ate some bad food, and while hurling somehow channeled Ginny Burdick. Feeling better now.

14. Got2gohuntin

Got2gohuntin Happy valley Active Member

Other then 3 round burst or full auto why doesn't everyone commenting on this own the same gear?

Dyjital and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Puking isn't gonna help you rid yourself of Burdick. You need a full on exorcism of the select fire kind. Nothing like shooting an MP5or M4 on 3 round or full auto mode to rid yourself of the evil spirits of the Burdick kind. If nothing else just go shoot the heck out of a milk jug. That will help also.

16. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

After that see if in an enema helps.

17. Iceman04503

Iceman04503 Portland, or Active Member

Gotta love klamath falls, or! Lived there for 4 years and never going back. Lol.

18. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Reminds me of the recommended treatment regimen for level 1 exposure to ravers:

19. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Crime syndicate vs Crime syndicate. One has badges, and feigned authority, one does not.

mosinguy1 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. rocky3

rocky3 oregon coast Active Member

Damn, I thought you were talking about cartel Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson or....

206thsense and (deleted member) like this.