JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So my kid had a DR appt. yesterday and during our chats as usual while going thru the safety/ poison section of his appt. He said it is best to have no guns in the house.

:s0131:

Not the first time he said this so I blow it off, He asked if we had guns and I said yes, do you?

He said NO, so I told him I would let him borrow one of mine :s0114:

he told me his father left him a bunch of rifles and he didn't know what to do with them and gave them away.

He then again stated I should get rid of all my guns, safer for the baby.

I guess that is only true until someone breaks in.

Tell him there are far more dangerous things in your and everybodys house, bleach, drano,bathroom cleaners,this list can go on and on.These things are the cause of more death in children than guns....

Dump the doc and find another that isn't a tool of the AMA or AAP. Honestly, I just wouldn't fill in those forms or just say you don't have any guns. This information isn't medically relevant unless you think you have lead poisoning.

Tell him there are far more dangerous things in your and everybodys house, bleach, drano,bathroom cleaners,this list can go on and on.These things are the cause of more death in children than guns....

To that point, medical malpractice and swimming pools cause more deaths annually than accidental discharge of firearms in the home.

I wouldn't let any quack practice medicine on my family

I haven't seen one since I was 17 except to take a physical to get a job many years ago

To take a differnet tack:

Do you store your guns in the walls, behind the sheetrock? How about between the second-story subfloor and the first-story ceiling? "No doc, there are no guns in my house." (Inside my house maybe, but you don't need to know that.) :D

I had my new doctor give me a questionaire that asked if I had firearms in the house. I left it blank. He asked me outright when he read the form, and I told him I chose not to answer the question because it had no bearing on my health. He told me that if I have kid we're going to have to revisit the topic, I politely said no, the topic is closed, lets move on. Now that I've moved out of that city and into a more country setting, maybe I should see if I can find a more country doctor! :D

Excellent post, I agree 100%. By labeling ourselves and attempting to label everyone else we're really creating divisions between us. We may actually see eye to eye on some things, but never try because we associate 'more' with one party or another. If someone sides with the Democrats 80% of the time but believes wholehearted in the Second Amendment, I'll gladly welcome their help fighting for our rights. We can use all the help we can get, and it's all around better for everyone to focus on things that bring two people together in agreement rather than things that divide them.
I agree, but we all know there's anti gun/anti Second Amendment politicians, if you're putting these people in office, whether you're Conservative or Liberal, you're no friend of the Second Amendment..........

I'd just fill it out as NA. It has no bearing on the care they provide and is none of their business. I'd probably be looking for a new doctor.

You know that little, "waiver of rights/information use act" form you have to sign every year now? Ever wonder what kind of "information" your good ol' Doc is passing on to the "O-men" in "D.C."?

So, what were you looking for to find a 3-1/2 year old thread to reply to?

Funniest part is no one else has noticed....

You know that little, "waiver of rights/information use act" form you have to sign every year now? Ever wonder what kind of "information" your good ol' Doc is passing on to the "O-men" in "D.C."?

thread_necro_super_super.jpg

This has come up recently with an Oregon rep proposing legislation to eliminate this question.

When you get right down to it the doctor is saying you're a drooling idiot that can't handle firearms without killing your whole family. Need to tell these people that you really resent being treated like a moron, that they are stupid bigots for going along with this crap and they can do an unnatural act on their anatomy.

Or ask him if he has a swimming pool and cite this:
"If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is."
The Chicago Sun-Times.

Sounds like time to get a new doctor.

When you do, do remember to drop your current one a note explaining that you can lo longer trust your family's and your health to someone who has an irrational fear of inanimate objects.

I used to go to an orthopedic surgeon that had NRA magazines in the waiting room. Too bad he retired though, now all I find is the usual garbage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top