JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
REMEMBER: If you live in WA, you CANNOT simply give semi-auto rifles to someone to safeguard. EVERYTHING needs to be transferred (unless it's an immediate family member), and if you transfer a semi-auto to an FFL, they likely can't give it back.

Here's an option. Ben Affleck made a movie. The acountant. Stored his stuff in an arstream trailer, locked inside a 'just big enough' secured store locker. I believe it was pushed in nose first. So a just large enough trailer, wheels removed, lug nut locks on in a just large enough storage locker, would probably work.

Now as a General Dynamics contractor working in the mid-east for 6 1/2 years, I had my stuff in a secured storage, in 'tall shipping boxes' inside a number of smaller safes. Most of mine were pre ww2 collectible milsurps. All of them had the bolts removed which were stored elsewhere, everything was photo'd and described/numbered.

I had a friend whose house was stripped clean of anything related to guns, and the 3 safes cared away, (they had been bolted down but were ripped out of the floor), while they were gone for 3 weeks on vacy. They believe by the constructions workers building 3 new houses on his block.

Leave it in the home? No way!!!!! The strip out/demo crew is likely to be a bunch of minimum wage workers. Your amount of security will be dependent on how much effort you put it into securing them.

Just FMI, how many items are we talking about, and what's your best gun broker assessment of how much you'd lose. Don't forget to count the mags and optics. I don't need a detailed list, jut what your dollar loss wold be.

Thanks

Wayne

Here's an option. Ben Affleck made a movie. The acountant. Stored his stuff in an arstream trailer, locked inside a 'just big enough' secured store locker. I believe it was pushed in nose first. So a just large enough trailer, wheels removed, lug nut locks on in a just large enough storage locker, would probably work.

Now as a General Dynamics contractor working in the mid-east for 6 1/2 years, I had my stuff in a secured storage, in 'tall shipping boxes' inside a number of smaller safes. Most of mine were pre ww2 collectible milsurps. All of them had the bolts removed which were stored elsewhere, everything was photo'd and described/numbered.

I had a friend whose house was stripped clean of anything related to guns, and the 3 safes cared away, (they had been bolted down but were ripped out of the floor), while they were gone for 3 weeks on vacy. They believe by the constructions workers building 3 new houses on his block.

Leave it in the home? No way!!!!! The strip out/demo crew is likely to be a bunch of minimum wage workers. Your amount of security will be dependent on how much effort you put it into securing them.

Just FMI, how many items are we talking about, and what's your best gun broker assessment of how much you'd lose. Don't forget to count the mags and optics. I don't need a detailed list, jut what your dollar loss wold be.

Thanks

Wayne
Remember that a lot of guns and magazines are now irreplaceable in WA because it's illegal to buy replacements for them. It may be several years before that law is overturned.

Regarding purchasing firearms insurance, I have checked out Collectibles Insurance Services.They seemed pretty legit, were easy to talk to, and were not the least bit high-pressure. I communicated with them entirely by email. I just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I might one day soon, though, when I move out of this communist hellhole to a much freer Idaho, where I'll be more rural and having it might seem to make more sense than my current abode and location. For now, most all of my 35± firearms fit into a 1,400 lb Dakota safe bolted to the concrete garage floor, I work from home and don't go many places for very long (since the botched operation, so I'm almost always home now), and so I haven't been as motivated to buy the insurance as I was a couple years ago.

CIS covers all guns (and ammo, knives, accessories, etc.) for:
  • Accidental Breakage
  • Burglary
  • Fire
  • Flood (except in Zones A & V, whatever those mean)
  • Loss in the Mail
  • Natural Disasters
  • Theft
  • Other causes of loss, unless specifically excluded from the policy (see exclusions)
Their rates seemed reasonable to me, given my collection. I did not give them a number of guns to insure, but just an estimated value of $30,000 for the collection, and my quote was about $285 per annum.

The above-named company indicated to me that they would, indeed, pay out on any type of insured firearm. Granted, I was talking with them pre-HB 1240, so I don't know what the case is on semi-auto guns these days since I haven't talked with them since that POS law was rammed down our throats...

Indeed, many typical homeowner's insurance policies can be amended with a firearms rider, but that can become pretty expensive. My State Farm policy covers an aggregate of only $2,500, which isn't even enough to cover my Thompson SBR. When I discussed a firearms rider with State Farm, they wanted to assrape me to cover all 3+ dozen of them. :rolleyes: That's what led me to CIS...
Since you stated that you gave them a value vs total number can I assume that serial numbers were not required? We looked into a ryder on our homeowners and they required serial numbers. I told them to point sand. They probably just want to verify that I actually have possession of them and not trying to scam but I'm not giving that info out.

Since you stated that you gave them a value vs total number can I assume that serial numbers were not required? We looked into a ryder on our homeowners and they required serial numbers. I told them to point sand. They probably just want to verify that I actually have possession of them and not trying to scam but I'm not giving that info out.
Nope, S/Ns are not required, nor even requested. If you click on the bold red link I provided in the post you quoted (or even the link below), you'll be taken to CIS's Gun page. Scroll down past the quotation pop-up and right below the bulleted list of comprehensive coverage scenarios, you'll see this:

No serial numbers required

You do not need to provide serial numbers in order to insure your collection.

I'm not going to be giving my firearms' S/Ns to anyone, except LEO. And that's only if something gets kyped.
There's no reason for anyone to know those numbers unless I'm reporting something stolen...

Last Edited:
Nope, S/Ns are not required, nor even requested. If you click on the bold red link I provided in the post you quoted (or even the link below), you'll be taken to CIS's Gun page. Scroll down past the quotation pop-up and right below the bulleted list of comprehensive coverage scenarios, you'll see this:

No serial numbers required

You do not need to provide serial numbers in order to insure your collection.

I'm not going to be giving my firearms'' S/Ns to anyone, except LEO. And that's only if something gets kyped.
There's no reason for anyone to know those numbers unless I'm reporting something stolen...
That's just what I was looking for, much appreciated!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews