JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It alters the mind. It's ok with me and I could care less people do it. I believe in freedom of choice in living life, people will make informed choices or stupid ones. I am good with it.

Edited to add, read your own post again. The part where you said who was smoking pot, doctors,lawyers and brokers. How is the healthcare system the economy and our system of laws?

I'm not someone who views our country as being in shambles. Business is good, over here. Stop watching TV and you'll probably start to come around.

Does being a pothead open any doors to opportunity?

Does being an alcoholic? What's your point?

I'm not someone who views our country as being in shambles. Business is good, over here. Stop watching TV and you'll probably start to come around.
Does being an alcoholic? What's your point?

Like I said, some of us live in reality.:D Smoke enough dope and you can live with your head in the sand and uninformed to boot. The country is in a shambles but keep smoking and turn your back on it.

Point is, what greatness could your pothead friends achieved should they have a clear mind?

Probably about exactly the same, since it has no measurable impact on their lives.

And I don't use cannabis. Or drink, for that matter. Coffee is my drug of choice. FYI.

Probably about exactly the same, since it has no measurable impact on their lives.

And I don't use cannabis. Or drink, for that matter. Coffee is my drug of choice. FYI.

Like I keep saying, I don't care what people do its their own choice. Look what those choices have done to your country.o_O

You say that, and that's good... But you seem to be caring, in this thread.

I don't condone cannabis use. I just know it's use is increibly irrelevant to society, and is substantially less harmful than innumerable other perfectly legal and socially acceptable activities.

You say that, and that's good... But you seem to be caring, in this thread.

I don't condone cannabis use. I just know it's use is increibly irrelevant to society, and is substantially less harmful than innumerable other perfectly legal and socially acceptable activities.

People make their own choices. Those choices have shown to be bad for society even if you don't see it... but then you have turned off the TV and quit being informed.:D

OP, just realize your neighbors have a drug altered mind and can't be dealt with so at best you should move before they pass out and set the place on fire. Ya it cost money to move but look for a good neighborhood so you won't have to deal with potheads.:D

If I had the choice between living in a Pot smoking community or a Alcoholic community, I'd choose the pot community.

If I had to choose between the two of who would run the USA, I'd choose the Alcoholics.

If I had the choice between being an Alcoholic or a Pot head, I'd choose being a Vegan...........:D

Tell me pot "makes" you anything. :rolleyes:
Mr. Beckerich makes a good point. I think we all have examples in our lives of people we know who smoke pot regularly and seem to maintain a certain amount of success as well as drink regularly and never have a problem with work, life or family. I for one do not believe pot is a necessarily a 'gateway' drug - I believe those who did go to harder drugs were going to do it anyway and pot was a 'stepping stone' more less. Conversely I have known many people who have smoked pot for years and would never even consider anything else, and they are in the category of what I consider to be successful, moderately affluent and decent family types. HOWEVER - the interesting thing about pot is how it seems to have found acceptance (almost expected) in certain socio-economic demographics which seem to include career/job titles/classification that seem to either be obscure, abstractly creative in nature or otherwise not what would be considered 'mainstream' the OPs friend with the 'extremely elitist/pro-image industry' position would be an example. THEN on the extreme end of the spectrum pot use is accepted in the extreme left, counterculture circles that for lack of a better description seems to be a predominantly non-productive and unemployed group. Pot use SEEMS to be most controversial and controlled in what would be the typical middle class, brick and mortar, blue collar industries. It seems most of the 'substance abuse' rules and regulations are levied on employees who occupy jobs is this arena. I think I know where I was going with this but seem to have lost my 'Train of thought' so I hope what I managed to get posted makes sense!

I'm going to have a lovely cigar and a bourbon and let you guys figure this one out....;-)

There's really nothing to figure out.

Pot smokers will adamantly defend the fact that there is no adverse affects, both short term and long term, from smoking pot.

People who have never smoked Pot for any length of time (that includes B. Clinton, who didn't inhale), will defend their opinion that pot leads to other drugs, and makes you "an idiot"......

The actual truth lies in the middle...........regular pot smoking makes MOST people lazy, forgetful, non-motivated, etc.

For a FEW, it has no real effect.......I GUESS..............

Of the THOUSANDS of people I have met in my lifetime, I have to meet a pot smoker that I personally thought would NOT be better off mentally and physically without the habit..........

ANYTHING that alters the "Natural" workings of the human brain will affect events.............

Smoking Pot once in a while, like having a drink once in a while, really has a negligable effect.............

Regular usage of either fuggs you up!:confused:o_O

Mr. Beckerich makes a good point.

I think we all have examples in our lives of people we know who smoke pot regularly and seem to maintain a certain amount of success as well as drink regularly and never have a problem with work, life or family.

I for one do not believe pot is a necessarily a 'gateway' drug - I believe those who did go to harder drugs were going to do it anyway and pot was a 'stepping stone' more less. Conversely I have known many people who have smoked pot for years and would never even consider anything else, and they are in the category of what I consider to be successful, moderately affluent and decent family types.

HOWEVER - the interesting thing about pot is how it seems to have found acceptance (almost expected) in certain socio-economic demographics which seem to include career/job titles/classification that seem to either be obscure, abstractly creative in nature or otherwise not what would be considered 'mainstream' the OPs friend with the 'extremely elitist/pro-image industry' position would be an example.

THEN on the extreme end of the spectrum pot use is accepted in the extreme left, counterculture circles that for lack of a better description seems to be a predominantly non-productive and unemployed group. Pot use SEEMS to be most controversial and controlled in what would be the typical middle class, brick and mortar, blue collar industries. It seems most of the 'substance abuse' rules and regulations are levied on employees who occupy jobs is this arena.

I think I know where I was going with this but seem to have lost my 'Train of thought' so I hope what I managed to get posted makes sense!

I just wish you would write in paragraphs rather than run on sentences :D. Ahh that's better.

It really seems the issue here is smells from your neighbors apartment are coming through. Generally, I would say you should be able to generate some of your own smells, and or/noise, without any issue, after all it is private property.

My suggestion, just leave your stereo on, playing a 60hz tone at whatever high volume you think you can get away with. high enough to be heard elsewhere.

Not being a pot smoker, I have no ideas what odors they find offensive, because pot smells like a mix of skunk, feet, and butt. So my suggestion would be to find something that has a slightly different palate, eggs and onions rate high on my list.

Generally speaking, all of the problems you describe are flatly why I refuse to live in cities. Spend enough time out in the country, eventually all cities smell like piss.

Thanks for the critique and I had hoped my final sentence had clarified what I was getting at - it was kind of a 'run on' , type as I was thinking without editing.

Very clear it was, however on a small screen words run together are hard to read. If I hadn't respected your other opinions I would have skipped this one. :D

If you want to play with that stupid train of thought, hydrogen dioxide is the true "gateway drug". Don't blame it on ganja.

Hydrogen Dioxide is the gateway drug to high powered liquid fueled rocketry.

You're probably trying to make a bad joke about Dihydrogen Monoxide, Hydrogen Monoxide, start by getting it right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top