JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0133:Taku my Brother! How is Life for this day? You know life has been so much easier since I have started using my Right to Use the ignore Feature, Excuse me, I need to ~take a Toke~ ...

AHHhhhhhhhhhh, good Clean Air..... Pardon me while I Exhale... I like doing that....

Now what was the topic again? Oh yes my Righ to ignore Blissfully IgnoreAnt posters...

Just Jim, you wanna Toke Next? AIR, clean unadulterated Air man, its a Gas!!!!:s0104: Sorry for all them that don't know a shot of sarcasm went it ~hits~ Them... Probably all the "fog" a Round them... It lingers it does...

And then there is them ~Dudes~ who decide what Math is because they like FOG....

I bet none of them Know the Communist Agenda to take over America, and that it INCludeDed virtually every thing that could be used to destroy the Moral Basis of what used to be the Great American Dream....... Pardon me, I need to Toke, Again, its BEST, if you can HOLD it IN.... and keep the stuff in your lungs ....

Then...

E...X.......H........A...........L..............E. OH MAN, i almost passed out!
:s0023: What WaZ this thread about???

Oh yeah, Writes... B B, was telling us how to WRIGHT!

I'LL pass, and like... Not Bogart this Air man....

Yeah, don't you Humphrey the WHOkahhhhh....

philip :s0137:

Last Edited:
This may or may not fix your problems
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=69.50.445

RCW 69.50.445 makes public consumption of marijuana a civil infraction. There is a "general public" term used and that will make application fact specific. Additionally, you may not find a LEO who wants to respond to this. If this complex takes HUD funding you can always complain to the Feds. Of course then you are going to the Feds and they are currently under executive order not to enforce federal law on state legalized marijuana.

Beyond the legal carp you could start a meat composting experiment in the common area.

Wow man, don' be causing no Bummer trips man.. We be on the Gahnja, man... You wanna pass the WhoKah AGain??? I be Ready... Yeah man, dey got all this Bud....dy, and dey not be sharron it.

philip .... Not lettin it Get me Down, I am on a Thing here!!! :s0133:

:s0023::s0119: :s0023:

:s0123: Keep OFFa duh Grass you wanna walka like a Ninja on dah Gahnja!

Pretty much the reality of it - kind of like a similar thread with the guy and the neighbor's wood stove smoke.

I wish my neighbor actually burned wood in his stove. His stove exists to burn his trash about three times a week. Milk jugs, plastics and all that shot, because he is too cheap to have garbage service. He lights it about 10 pm at night, and then cranks the vents down. No heat at all, the smoke dives right to the ground. Of course he does not smell it, we leave a window open at night so the Labs don't pant their lungs out, and smell that wonderful smell.

It annoys me, but I practice the old country living rule, don't tell me how to live or farm my ground, and I won't tell you the same. Except when one of the feral tom cats that their 6 or 7 unspayed female cats attracts gets in my chicken pen...well I don't tell him anything, the offender is eliminated.

I wish my neighbor actually burned wood in his stove. His stove exists to burn his trash about three times a week. Milk jugs, plastics and all that shot, because he is too cheap to have garbage service. He lights it about 10 pm at night, and then cranks the vents down. No heat at all, the smoke dives right to the ground. Of course he does not smell it, we leave a window open at night so the Labs don't pant their lungs out, and smell that wonderful smell.

It annoys me, but I practice the old country living rule, don't tell me how to live or farm my ground, and I won't tell you the same. Except when one of the feral tom cats that their 6 or 7 unspayed female cats attracts gets in my chicken pen...well I don't tell him anything, the offender is eliminated.
Stop it. Your judging. Lol

Telling you, every morning round zero dark thirty...
image.jpg
They'll move

My neighbors to my left are saggy pant wearing guys who drive around in lowered Hondas, blasting rap music day and night. Every weekend the neighborhood is littered with cans of Hurricane Ice and Steel Reserve from these goofs and let's not forget the impromptu group boxing matches these guys never fail to have at 2 in the morning.
My neighbors to the right are white trash who think drinking a case of Keystone Light every night in between getting into fights with their girlfriends is their birthright. In both cases neither seem to have jobs and all appear to be getting welfare or SSI checks. My hope is that these two groups will get into a brawl with each other and maybe cancel each other out of the gene pool.

My former neighbors were potheads - one white, the other Mexican. They had jobs and the worst I had to deal with were occasional parties or some loud music playing while they worked on their cars. I miss these neighbors very much, there were no fights, no tards racing rice rockets, or having half the LE's in Grays Harbor show up every weekend to deal with these hoseheads.

I'm just saying to the OP that things could be worse and the grass may not be greener somewhere else. You're better off trying to talk to the neighbors and maybe asking for some discretion on their part.

We were in a similar situation.

We were in the above apartment and downstairs neighbors were smoking inside theirs with windows open. My wife went down with son in arms and gave their door a knock.

Never again did we smell it. They also took their cigarette smoking from the front door to the parking lot.

We like airflow and always had a window cracked or open.

They responded politely. Our next step would have been management. We would have continued the notifications until management was tired of it and acted.

You (people) have a right to invest whatever they want. Their liberties end when it has an actual effect on an innocent person around them.

I'm about 75% libertarian, 20% conservative and 5% Republican.

"Your rights end when it personally effects me (actual effect, not perceived effect or irrational fear). Do what you wish, as long as I don't see it, smell it or causes issues for me."

We chose to go the route of a child inhaling the second hand smoke with them and it was effective enough to cause it to stop.

Literally the conversation went like this:
While we acknowledge your freedoms to do what you do in your own bedroom it's come to a point where now it's coming up into our apartment. We cannot constantly have our windows closed in our apartment in the warmer weather as we are an upstairs unit. That is secondary to our son (at the time 2-3yrs) who is inhaling this constantly, can you keep the windows closed during this time or practice it elsewhere?

My daughter lives on a non smoking property in Corvallis. They must have 300 units. Watching the smokers out on the street all huddled up in their slippers or in their cars with the heaters running is just fine for me.

Non smoking apartments complex properties do exist and they rock.

While it should not be incumbent upon you (OP) to relocate because other people are chronically inconsiderate @ssjackets, sometimes it just comes down to removing your family from toxic surroundings (whether it's noise, criminal activity, physical danger, menacing, infestation, etc.).

In this case, it's offensive, unhealthy odors in the form of smoke. Weed, cigarettes, serial farting, whatever - I'm sad to see it come to that in your abode.

If your apartment manager lacks the authority/cojones to dissuade tenants on his property from actively fouling the air blowing into your home (which you rent from him), ask him if he can provide you with a different unit where your doors and windows are not all direct intakes for clouds of other peoples' exhaust fumes.

Last Edited:
I can sympathize with most of what's been said, however their isn't anything or much of anything you can do too them in this state.

(Had a friend in a similar situation) He went down to one of those grow stores and they sold him an air filter and fan and he just runs it in his house to clean the stink that comes from his neighbor. I want to say it cost him a couple bones but was well worth it.

Probably best just to keep your air clean till you move, never can tell what a neighbor fued will turn into.
I'll tell you exactly what it will turn into... Someone will eventually start scooping up dog poo in plastic baggies and then start packing it under car door handles. Just saying...

Your Liberty ENDS @ my Nose. End of Sentence.

That is the same for Cigarettes, Pipe, & Cigars.

If you need to ask your Question, My Opinion is you do Not Understand Real Liberty.

Real Liberty does not include harming others.

Harming Others is Not defined by the person (in this case smoking), BUT By the person Harmed.

philip :mad: Obliviots... The down fall of society.
Awwwwwe man, cigars?

In college - for a while - I rented a house and my roommate was a smoker (not pot, tobacco). It stunk up the house and my clothes and I didn't like my daughter to visit me (she got asthma anyway as she was around my FIL a lot [may his soul be tortured in hell] and he smoked a lot).

It is an issue that has few solutions. Move or find a way to clean the air.

I am pro legalization but anti-second hand smoke. Two different issues - second hand marijuana smoke not really being any more harmful than tobacco IMO.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top