JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All I was saying.

You cant tell people that if they feel one way or the other they are wrong or Incorrect.
It's there opinion.
That's all man.

Just like my post's are my opinion.....................................;)

You don't see the irony (hypocrisy) of all this ranting and raving about constitutional rights, all the while opposing civil liberties? You old school conservatives are schizophrenic... you don't make any sense. One minute the government is too authoritarian and out of control and "runaway," but then the next minute you want that same government to strip other people of rights you just don't happen to like.

You sure read a lot of BS into a pot smoke issue. You really need therapy... :)
Or you need to withdraw from the pot ???

"Even if you incorrectly believe this, it should be illegal? "
Yeah, right...Stoners are well know for their mental edge and work ethic.
And "it's" legal now, we're talking about responsibility.

"It's not a man's right to be a jobless, worthless, pot-smoking bum, just as much as it's his right to keep and bear?"
Musta missed the "jobless, worthless" amendment .... But hey I'd have no problem if you want to get that added in as long as I have my right to not give a crap if that man lives or dies, and I have the right to not pay for his lifestyle while he does.
and I promise not to add "everyone must pay for my guns and ammo" to the second.

Now, as much fun as this all has become, I can see that our opinions will not converge due to our differing outlook as far as rights and responsibility.

So, G'night and stay true to yourself...differing opinion doesn't weaken a country, impassionate indifference does.

Or,...as the wise and ancient philosopher named "unknown" once said,
" We cannot catch the fish of enlightenment, if we are afraid of debate"

Have you talked to the Pot heads and told them how you feel and how it's affecting you?
Or did you go to the landlord first?
Just asking...........................................................................

Most pot heads I know will be alot more level headed than a drunk or tweeker if you tell them it's buggin you.

But ALL people will get pissed if you try to get them in trouble before you actually talk to them.

I used to live in a building with 80 other apts.

99% of the time just talking to them will change the situation.

You also have the 1 guy that is a A-hole no matter what.

Have you talked to the Pot heads and told them how you feel and how it's affecting you?
Or did you go to the landlord first?
Just asking...........................................................................

Most pot heads I know will be alot more level headed than a drunk or tweeker if you tell them it's buggin you.

But ALL people will get pissed if you try to get them in trouble before you actually talk to them.

I used to live in a building with 80 other apts.

99% of the time just talking to them will change the situation.

You also have the 1 guy that is a A-hole no matter what.
You are right, approaching kindly with a request and a simple explanation usually brings positive results, because often they are unaware that their second hand was in your living space too. In the past, our entry way had another young couple who liked to chief out frequently and on the weekend it was almost a guarantee of a half dozen more friends of theirs coming over and aside from billowing smoke, there was loud music that vibrated the floor. I didn't hesitate to go and talk to them nicely. That was that. Though they liked to party hardy, they were still considerate to turn down the music and smoke on the balcony. My wife bakes pretty good too and made some baked goods for them on multiple occasions and holidays like Easter and Christmas, so they had a sweet tooth too which helped. These two tenants I also talked to but with no luck. About the third time I tried to reason with them in summer to not smoke for a couple hours while we let some cool evening air vent the place, they simply told me "the law is on our side, so we can smoke when we want, how much we want and don't come down here again about this.

FROM ORIGINAL POST:
"Manager says that smoking is allowed inside/outside of the units. Plus, this is considered private property and no smoking near entryways law does not apply. I tried talking with them about it-no luck either.

He already talked to everyone;
Management won't do anything and lied, and neither will the tenants cooperate.
While criminal prosecution under current law may be impossible, civil law could allow the landowner, manager and tenants to be successfully sued. So test the air, surfaces and occupants. At least you'll know if it's just a nuisance or a serious health issue.

"I think "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness" covers being an unemployed worthless pot smoking bum if you so choose to live that way."

And if you break laws in order to live your chosen lifestyle by skipping on rent, shoplifting etc, or if you cause harm to others, you will be held responsible for your decisions.

FYI;
That's from the Declaration of Independence not the Constitution/Bill of Rights.

At the end of the day it's not so much about what they are smoking as much as being inconsiderate of their neighbors. If the landlord is OK with smoking, you're pretty much screwed. As a cigar smoker, I'd never light up anywhere that would bother anyone else, but that's just me. It's frustrating, but I guarantee you that if it were cigarettes and you went to your doctor and / or county health board and complained about 2nd hand smoke and cancer risks, something would be done. Nothing will happen with pot smoke unless you or your kids test positive for it, then you probably have civil suit material.

Unfortunately, moving is probably the cheapest and most effective solution to this particular problem.

Good luck to you and your family - B.B.S.

So you mean like when anti-gunners decide that you carrying a gun is harmful?

I guarantee you guns kill a lot more people than cannabis. LOT more.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns are just one of the tools. That little bit of common sense might help you in life more than sucking the smoke of a burning weed into your lungs.:D

I think your neighbor is doing more than just smoking pot. They are probably selling pot
or other illegal drugs. Which are both illegal. Is there a lot of traffic? Maybe they are in to
Meth. Which makes you paranoid and up all night. And then they want to sleep all day.
If so you could report suspicious illegal activity. Change your wireless router name to
'DEA Van'.

Get used to the smell & quit worrying that you might get high,you won't.

Reality is pot smokers are going to pay big dollars for Healthcare just like smokers do. The jobs they can have will be limited by their smoking and the drug test that have to be taken to be employed. What it does to peoples mental health depends on the person, it can be all the way from lethargic lifestyle to a gateway drug. That being said I could care less who smokes it cause it's their life and they have a right to fug it up.o_O

Reality is pot smokers are going to pay big dollars for Healthcare just like smokers do. The jobs they can have will be limited by their smoking and the drug test that have to be taken to be employed. What it does to peoples mental health depends on the person, it can be all the way from lethargic lifestyle to a gateway drug. That being said I could care less who smokes it cause it's their life and they have a right to fug it up.o_O

Here we go with that "gateway drug" bullbubblegum again...

Here we go with that "gateway drug" bullbubblegum again...

Drug addicts start somewhere and so do alcoholics. Call it BS all you want but been watching it happen most of my life. Seen friends and family die over it and will see more. It's their choice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top