JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you like to fish, ski, camp there, you're going to have to find a new place to do it.

Got to page 6 to see the best photos of the before/after. A damn shame the things this state does to recreation.

Seems to have been a Federal thing that did the damage. Thanks for confirming that my kids will have to deal with even worse swimming options next summer due to overcrowding of already scarce places to go that aren't pay-to-swim-in-pee-and-chlorine.

Seems to have been a Federal thing that did the damage. Thanks for confirming that my kids will have to deal with even worse swimming options next summer due to overcrowding of already scarce places to go that aren't pay-to-swim-in-pee-and-chlorine.
Did you read the thread? I'd read it was federal, but don't states have rights? Seems the draw-down was to flush smolts that were reared in the upper creeks that feed Green Peter. I don't know? Doesn't compute in my brain, that flushing smolts in chocolate-milk muddy water is going to do much for those smolts. Who came up with THIS science?

Did you read the thread? I'd read it was federal, but don't states have rights? Seems the draw-down was to flush smolts that were reared in the upper creeks that feed Green Peter. I don't know? Doesn't compute in my brain, that flushing smolts in chocolate-milk muddy water is going to do much for those smolts. Who came up with THIS science?
I did read the thread. And yes it seems to have been a Federal order that caused this as a result of a federal lawsuit.. ain't much States or Locals can do against Federal mistakes other than... going to court again.

Might be a good time for a man portable gold dredge, area has lots of gold. May as well since they ruined the fishing.
That's an interesting thought? But looking at that lake bottom I'd think if you went down there you, and anything you brought, would sink into that muck.

Friend used a portable drege higher up and got good color for his efforts. It's hard work though and like me he got old.

If they leave it dry this winter the water may wash some mud away.

Friend used a portable drege higher up and got good color for his efforts. It's hard work though and like me he got old.

If they leave it dry this winter the water may wash some mud away.
My father-in-law moved from potland not too long after I hooked-up with his daughter. That was 36 YEARS ago now! :eek: Anyway, he moved to Grants Pass and got into some mining and a few claims. I bet there are going to be some people that try get in there to work some of that muck. I know the one time Dad took us to one of his claims, and a stretch of public panning water, I felt the fever. Digging in between fractured rock with a metal tablespoon and panning that black dirt. Hoo Boy! That's was back when I had good knees and a strong back. I could have stayed there, likely ending up crippled, all day.

People would be surprised how much gold mining has taken place in Oregon. I traveled a lot in my work and explored during the weekends. There are areas in Eastern Oregon that were very productive..

People would be surprised how much gold mining has taken place in Oregon. I traveled a lot in my work and explored during the weekends. There are areas in Eastern Oregon that were very productive..
Always been fascinated by that. Growing up in the Salt Lake Valley the mountains around there were dotted with many mines. The place was loaded with silver, zinc and many other minerals. We saw a lot of them close up riding our trail bikes all over the place. Not to mention the Kennecott Copper Bingham Pit mine. We even had our own explosives manufacturing plant in the valley in 1912.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top