JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't seen any facts anywhere in this thread. But I hear the whole thing is a hoax, from the same office of the government that put out all those other hoaxes, like Waco, 9/11 and World War II. But I understand the first world war really happened, because that was back in the Good Ol' Days, before our government became so corrupt.

I want hold my breath though....Good read....Greenhut: Dorner manhunt raises policing issues - Conservative News

"SACRAMENTO – Police typically say that their paramount mission is to protect public safety. But the recently concluded manhunt for former Los Angeles Police Department officer Christopher Dorner, accused of murdering four people after releasing a manifesto decrying his 2008 firing from the force, raises concerns about where the public's actual safety ranks among police priorities.

Last weekend, police opened fire on a 71-year-old newspaper carrier and her 47-year-old daughter, who had the misfortune of driving a pickup truck police thought might be Dorner's. The Los Angeles police detectives who put two bullets in the older woman's back didn't do much double-checking. The women's truck was a different make and color from Dorner's.

As the women's attorney told the Los Angeles Times: "The problem with the situation is it looked like the police had the goal of administering street justice and, in so doing, didn't take the time to notice that these two older, small Latina women don't look like a large black man."

This shooting could be written off as a sad fluke, except that, 25 minutes later, different officers opened fire on a different truck – once again getting key details wrong."

"Police wouldn't excuse a civilian for misusing a firearm, regardless of how much stress the person was under."

"An emphasis on ‘officer safety' and paramilitary training pervades today's policing, in contrast to the older culture, which held that cops didn't shoot until they were about to be shot or stabbed."

"It's frightening to think that police can use deadly force without taking even the most modest steps to protect bystanders. It's even more frightening to hear people defend this approach. Yes, officer safety is important. But so is the public's safety. It's time to grapple with finding a proper balance."

Well, at least we agree we should wait for facts. Good job.

Fact is, all the cops involved with both of these shootings including any higher ups that attempted to cover the 'facts' up, will be joining the cops from katrina in their new fun home. After their trial on civil rights violations that is. Game over. Don't pass go, don't collect $200. Go straight to jail.

Fact is, all the cops involved with both of these shootings including any higher ups that attempted to cover the 'facts' up, will be joining the cops from katrina in their new fun home. After their trial on civil rights violations that is. Game over. Don't pass go, don't collect $200. Go straight to jail.

Lol. Really? Those are facts? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Well, it is a fact that the police shot at two vehicles which DID NOT MATCH the description of the vehicle Dorner was driving. It is a fact that the drivers/passenger of these vehicles DID NOT MATCH the decription of Dorner. It is a fact that, had the police CHECKED the license plate, or model of the vehicle BEFORE shooting, they would have known that.

Remember the idea of a "reasonable man?" A "reasonable man" is one with the same education, training and experience as the subject. In this case, a "reasonable man" did check the truck with the guy driving, and released him, only to have his vehicle rammed by another officer who opened fire without checking....

Now, I'm not in a federal jury pool right now, but if I were sitting on a civil right's case for the officers who opened fire, they'd be going away for a long time. There is NO reasonable explanation for shooting at a truck without knowing if it is the right truck. While I can't prove it, it is my belief that the cops that shot were wanting to be "heroes" in the department for taking down Dorner, and to Hades with innocent people who might be caught in the cross fire.

Well if the people of LA don't burn down the LAPD on this one,getting a few ranking officers fired WITH the shooters,then they deserve what they got.

Once we let police,er military forces just randomly shoot us,then we are done.
The freedom fight is over before it started.
These guys have to be held accountable or it will continue there and in other cities like LA.

Has anyone heard of any outcry from ANYONE down there,over this?
Besides that letter above

Well, it is a fact that the police shot at two vehicles which DID NOT MATCH the description of the vehicle Dorner was driving. It is a fact that the drivers/passenger of these vehicles DID NOT MATCH the decription of Dorner. It is a fact that, had the police CHECKED the license plate, or model of the vehicle BEFORE shooting, they would have known that.

Remember the idea of a "reasonable man?" A "reasonable man" is one with the same education, training and experience as the subject. In this case, a "reasonable man" did check the truck with the guy driving, and released him, only to have his vehicle rammed by another officer who opened fire without checking....

Now, I'm not in a federal jury pool right now, but if I were sitting on a civil right's case for the officers who opened fire, they'd be going away for a long time. There is NO reasonable explanation for shooting at a truck without knowing if it is the right truck. While I can't prove it, it is my belief that the cops that shot were wanting to be "heroes" in the department for taking down Dorner, and to Hades with innocent people who might be caught in the cross fire.

Are those ALL the facts to the case. I'm not saying they are right. I am saying I want to see all of the facts- you provide just a few and may not be everything a jury gets to decide from.

102 bullet holes in that bad blue pickup they shot up. Plus multiple off target hits as well. Fing amazing.

8 LAPD officers involved in shooting after Dorner 'case of mistaken identity' - U.S. News

"NBC4 has learned that eight LAPD officers were involved in the shootout. All of them have been assigned to non-field assignments until "the [police] chief decides otherwise."

So far, their names have not been released and there has been no comment from the Los Angeles District Attorney about pressing charges."

That is enough "facts" right there.

LAPD and the D.A is corrupt and untrustworthy. Anyone other the LE (and I mean 8 LE) doing something like this would have been in jail with a number of charges pinned to them. Nothing for these 8 LE????? Nothing so far????? The legal system there in LA is broken.!!!!! We Americans or at least the people of California should be ashamed that no one in LE is being held accountable for their actions!!! Where is the outrage?????? Who is gonna make sure those dangerous actions from LE doesn't go unpunished? The Chief? The DA? Doesn't look like it.

Imagine if it was your wife, your daughters, your grand children who were the ones that were almost killed by LE. Would you not want some real actions taken to make darn sure it would not happen again? At least not go unpunished if it did?

Darn good comment...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ter-dorner-case-of-mistaken-identity#comments

"Joe D.Glenn

And hold police officers individually accountable for shooting civilians in a case of "mistaken identity." There is nothing acceptable about this. Nothing! If justice is to be done here there will be charges filed and a jury will be the final artiters of guilt or innocence, not the LAPD or the DA's office."

A bunch more comments, read them to see what people believe.

More crap but I guess we need to wait for the facts?????

Global Montreal | Montreal teen accuses police of racial profiling

"After checking the surveillance video from the liquor store, they realized they had the wrong man - but rather than let him go, police ended up charging him with obstruction of justice."

"I know that people do make mistakes because nobody's really perfect, but I find that when you make a mistake you should admit you made a mistake."

"While the police aren't talking, residents of the neighbourhood where the incident occurred say this situation is not an isolated occurrence.

Oliver Zushi says when you're black in Montreal, brushes with police are common.

"I'll say about three times a week . . . yeah, and that's since I was 13."

Here's what Zushi told Global News police say when they stop him:

"You fit the description: there was something that happened in the area and the description was you. That's what they say most of the time. And you're lucky if they pull you over and there's other people around to see."

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top