JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
@terdog , Have you even shot it?
My old Colt rattled when shook, but was one of the most accurate 1911s I've owned.
Life had prevented me from shootin it. Thursday I went to my local indoor range and put 200 rnds of weak (1059 fps) 10mm downrange. Shoots to 7 oclock in the 6 to 8 ring at 15 yrds.
Took it home and cleaned it and thats when I noticed that the barrel has now developed movement.
Heres some vids.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/eQ6IdlJws3s?si=9ROJj-XeIXnkEDKV

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/y7akurppHxQ?feature=share

I think the original poster is frustrated by the lack of customer service from the manufacture and it's representative.

I'd be pissed as well.
CORRECT!

Not only has SDS blown me off, but the factory actually told me that its impossible that its bad, as they get checked at the factory and NOTHING gets out that isnt right. WTF?

That barrel fitment is AWFUL. I've walked away from otherwise very nice pistols for less. I wouldn't even be willing to shoot it in that condition.

What is the fit like (a little play or a lot)? and did your WC's come with a suggested break in period?

I think break in periods are lame, if I pay top dollar I expect it to run out of the box with any factory ammo. My most expensive 1911 is a Dan Wesson, unfired it had literally zero play. They have a break in of I think 300rds and I did have a few jams but it does run like clockwork now, the slide has some very light play in it after break in (so again not certain why bother with this tight fit and waste of ammo break in period).
IMHO, reciprocating parts are better off "tighter" in the beginning. They'll slowly find their "center". The "loose" scenario will get looser faster.

1) In this age of CNC, it shouldn't be this hard to get it close
2) Customer service should not tell the customer, before even seeing it, that its in spec.
3) When the customer asks CS for said specs/tolerances, it shouldnt be difficult to get and answer. The answer that I got was that it "may be proprietary".
4) For the factory to tell me that nothing could be wrong with their gun is utter Bull puckey.

Im just rolling with it all in jest but not certain where the Wilson comparison ever fit into the conversation in the first place... . The prices dont compare, all Im sayng is Tisas' has some really nice quality guns with all the same modern features of any mfg. All the complaints in this discussion have been debunked.

Under a grand:

View attachment 1802376
Like hell they have :rolleyes:

2) Customer service should not tell the customer, before even seeing it, that its in spec.
This one bugs me.
Whether the gun is good or bad, Customer Service should be interested in checking it out.
I guess "Customer Service" doesn't mean what it used to.

No axe to grind. Just speaking the truth about my experience with Tisas 1911s.
I had to register just to take issue with this. Did you know that Tisas have been putting Titanium Firing Pins in their guns since at least the start of 2023?

Also, you talk as if Tisas are uniquely made 1911's. They are made to Colt spec.

I have two Tisas' - one made in 2021, one made in 2023. The 2021 model has a steel firing pin. I cannot get the firing pin to strike the snap cap unless I pull the trigger. Not if I aim it directly downward, not if I shake the gun while letting the slide go... it won't do it. You are the ONLY person I've ever heard of that's had a slam fire with a Tisas 1911. A sample size of one does not indicate a widespread concern. It's just as easy to assume you had you had an ND.

It's worth pointing out that the current day Tisas is NOT the same Tisas from 2010. The guns produced by Tisas back then were contracted by someone else and they were NOT good. SDS contracted Tisas guns are built to an entirely different standard.

None of this is to say that you need to change your ways and worship at the altar of Tisas, hate them on principal of being made in Turkey for all I care... but if you're going to make claims like this, that the guns are actively dangerous, you ought to provide some receipts.

I had to register just to take issue with this. Did you know that Tisas have been putting Titanium Firing Pins in their guns since at least the start of 2023?
Great job. Nope. Still don't like 1911s.

Also, you talk as if Tisas are uniquely made 1911's. They are made to Colt spec.
Never implied that. A weak firing pin spring or out of spec part can still be marketed as "Colt spec"... that doesn't mean anything.

I don't like Colt 1911s.

I have two Tisas' - one made in 2021, one made in 2023. The 2021 model has a steel firing pin. I cannot get the firing pin to strike the snap cap unless I pull the trigger. Not if I aim it directly downward, not if I shake the gun while letting the slide go... it won't do it. You are the ONLY person I've ever heard of that's had a slam fire with a Tisas 1911. A sample size of one does not indicate a widespread concern. It's just as easy to assume you had you had an ND.
It wasn't a negligent discharge. I racked the slide in an upright position. Not off to the left or right, straight up n' down and towards the ground at about a 45 degree angle. So the spent case would eject without landing back in the chamber.

It's worth pointing out that the current day Tisas is NOT the same Tisas from 2010. The guns produced by Tisas back then were contracted by someone else and they were NOT good. SDS contracted Tisas guns are built to an entirely different standard.
Is it? Who cares. Don't like 1911s.

None of this is to say that you need to change your ways and worship at the altar of Tisas, hate them on principal of being made in Turkey for all I care... but if you're going to make claims like this, that the guns are actively dangerous, you ought to provide some receipts.
Nope. I have no receipts for you...

Last Edited:
It wasn't a negligent discharge. I racked the slide in an upright position. Not off to the left or right, straight up n' down and towards the ground at about a 45 degree angle.
Was it straight up and down or a 45°angle?

And then you pulled the trigger

The pistol was held in an upright position at a 45 degree angle. Is it that hard to understand...?

No. It went off without pulling the trigger.
Straight up and down, and a 45° angle per your previous post, which I quoted for proof, are not the same thing. It's like saying you drove forward in reverse.

A lot of people have trouble admitting their ND was their fault. I'm sure there's a support group.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top