JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
They do if you want to own more than one 1911 for the same money.
I promise you, I'd rather have one Springfield TRP than three Tisas anythings. I can imagine if someone is looking to spend Wilson money on one gun, they don't want ten mediocre guns instead

I saw a Tisa 1911A1 at a gun show not too long ago...
It looked for all the world like a Reminton Rand 1911A1 , even down to the greenish tint of the parkerization finish.
And yes it rattled...just like the Remington Rand I was issued.
If I was looking for a GI type 1911A1....and didn't want to pay for an actual issued one...I'd get a Tisa.

Something to consider here...and I do understand that the Wilson comments are mostly in jest...
Is don't compare or expect Wilson or the like , quality with a Tisa.
They don't compare....take each gun for its own sake and merits.
Andy

Something to consider here...and I do understand that the Wilson comments are mostly in jest...
Is don't compare or expect Wilson or the like , quality with a Tisa.
They don't compare....take each gun for its own sake and merits.
Im just rolling with it all in jest but not certain where the Wilson comparison ever fit into the conversation in the first place... . The prices dont compare, all Im sayng is Tisas' has some really nice quality guns with all the same modern features of any mfg. All the complaints in this discussion have been debunked.

Under a grand:

1705270265435.png

Im just rolling with it all in jest but not certain where the Wilson comparison ever fit into the conversation in the first place... . The prices dont compare, all Im sayng is Tisas' has some really nice quality guns with all the same modern features of any mfg. All the complaints in this discussion have been debunked.

Under a grand:

View attachment 1802376
I agree with your text, but that's an ugly 1911!
Of course Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

That makes the Alchemy Custom Weaponry gun I'm on the list for look downright frugal!
Granted, I picked the most expensive one I found quickly on their site, but I think that's one sweet pistol.
If I had that money to spend, I'd have them lose that rail.

I agree with your text, but that's an ugly 1911!
Of course Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.
I like a more traditional look too, but they have more options than most from GI issue all the way up to the tacticool doublestacks. I personally think the OPs Yukon 10mm is nice looking pistol.

Does Springfield Armory still make the Mil-Spec line? I had one of those a couple decades ago and it was an awesome shooter, while being one of the least expensive 1911s around. The Tisas seems like a step below that.

Status