JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Straight up and down, and a 45° angle per your previous post, which I quoted for proof, are not the same thing. It's like saying you drove forward in reverse.

A lot of people have trouble admitting their ND was their fault. I'm sure there's a support group.
Is it that hard to understand...?

Said the guy with a pokemon avatar.

Great job. Nope. Still don't like 1911s.
Irrelevant

Never implied that. A weak firing pin spring or out of spec part can still be marketed as "Colt spec"... that doesn't mean anything.
The way you worded it made it sound like you were talking about the Tisas specifically, not 1911's in general.
OeXPJlY.png

I don't like Colt 1911s.
Irrelevant

It wasn't a negligent discharge. I racked the slide in an upright position. Not off to the left or right, straight up n' down and towards the ground at about a 45 degree angle. So the spent case would eject without landing back in the chamber.
Straight up and down, and 45* angle are not the same. Straight up and down would be 90* relative to the ground. 45* is half of that, on an angle.

1000_F_216729657_qhcXZJ9Pc6eAxVEY0NZoxllnN2AaMLD2 (1).jpg

Either way, you were not pointing the firearm in a safe direction when you manipulated the slide with live ammunition loaded. Forgive me for questioning whether you also forgot to keep your finger away from the trigger. I may only be 38 years old but even I understand that you ALWAYS have the firearm pointed in the direction of least consequence when you're manipulating it with live ammunition loaded... "straight up and down" like you said is NOT the direction of least consequence. A 45* angle isn't either, the bullet could skip and sail over your backstop.

Also... "so the spent case would eject without landing back in the chamber"... what? So you're saying that you had a failure to eject, and you decided to point the gun at your feet to clear it... and your reasoning for this is so that the spent case wouldn't somehow fall back inside the chamber... If you have to rub your head and pat your stomach to clear a malfunction, you should remove the magazine first. Just so you know, for the future.

Your story is the only thing full of holes. Wanna walk us through it, moment by moment, to clear up this confusion?

Is it? Who cares. Don't like 1911s.
Irrelevant.

Nope. I have no receipts for you...
Not at all surprised.

Irrelevant

The way you worded it made it sound like you were talking about the Tisas specifically, not 1911's in general.
View attachment 1803431

Irrelevant

Straight up and down, and 45* angle are not the same. Straight up and down would be 90* relative to the ground. 45* is half of that, on an angle.

View attachment 1803432

Either way, you were not pointing the firearm in a safe direction when you manipulated the slide with live ammunition loaded. Forgive me for questioning whether you also forgot to keep your finger away from the trigger. I may only be 38 years old but even I understand that you ALWAYS have the firearm pointed in the direction of least consequence when you're manipulating it with live ammunition loaded... "straight up and down" like you said is NOT the direction of least consequence. A 45* angle isn't either, the bullet could skip and sail over your backstop.

Also... "so the spent case would eject without landing back in the chamber"... what? So you're saying that you had a failure to eject, and you decided to point the gun at your feet to clear it... and your reasoning for this is so that the spent case wouldn't somehow fall back inside the chamber... If you have to rub your head and pat your stomach to clear a malfunction, you should remove the magazine first. Just so you know, for the future.

Your story is the only thing full of holes. Wanna walk us through it, moment by moment, to clear up this confusion?

Irrelevant.

Not at all surprised.
1705424725499.png

I'm glad no one is walking by to hear me laughing in here! Living alone they might think it's time for me to be put up at the funny farm!🤣🙄

Irrelevant

View attachment 1803432

This should be easy to understand... but you're a millenial. Go figure.

Holding a pistol upright/straight/sights to the sky/magwell to the floor.... aka pistol is not being held to the left or right at all, straight. And while holding the pistol perfectly straight it's being aimed at 1/2 a 90 degree angle aka a 45 degree angle.

Remove the magazine? lmao No pistol should require the removal of the magazine to chamber a round. Failure to eject? lol No. I kept the pistol straight to prevent the spent case from landing back in the chamber... Let me guess... you got all your covid vaccines... lol millenials.... Never said I pointed it at my feet.

There are no holes in my "story". No. I already said what happened... I racked the slide in a safe direction (not at my feet...) and it went off. A weak firing pin spring or an out of spec firing pin is my guess.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top