JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
gun-warning-sticker-3-pack-stick-figure-decal-hunting-weapon-cases-13y-60y-61y_1820749.jpg

The warning in the article lumps all gun owners into these categories :
Those who are thinking of suicide...
Domestic abusers...
Those who want to harm others...
And those who are careless around children and others...

I for one am sick and tired of being lumped into the "bad guy " category , just cause I own and enjoy firearms.
Millions of Americans enjoy both the benefits and responsibilities of firearm ownership and do no wrong or harm themselves or others.

Just what "good" does that Surgeon General's warning do now...?
I understand the impact it had 50 odd years ago...but the world then was a vastly different place.
The warning now , today , is it even read or is is just glance at / over and taken for granted...?
Is it like the "terms and agreements / conditions" , that one is supposed to read when joining a internet forum...? :D

I understand the need and desire for firearm safety.
Again I would suggest :
A elective , non political firearms safety and understanding course , to be offered in schools / to the public.
All that it would teach is :
Firearm safety...
Understanding of how a firearm works...
Basic ballistics...
And perhaps a state by state covering of firearm laws...As in going over the laws in your state and understanding that the laws in another state , may be different.

This I think would be far more effective in promoting safe firearm use than a warning on a form.
Andy

They aren't stupid. They know exactly what they are doing. Not that tobacco and firearms are similar, but they are trying to reduce the amount of firearms owners the same way they successfully reduced the number of tobacco users. Through negative imagery and ad campaigns and exorbitant taxes.

I don't know, maybe we do need labels on our guns: If it wasn't for Springfield, we would have people holding pistols like this...............

grip zone.jpg

Ray

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top