JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... [ A ] Some times you get someone who never owned a gun, to go to the range, and even buy one. [ B ] If they are rabid, foaming at the mouth, all guns are evil, I do not waste my time. ...

A:
I agree -- I was painting with too broad a brush.

B:
These are the people I had in mind. We should never educate them on anything. They will only use that education against us.

A: I agree -- I was painting with too broad a brush.

B:
These are the people I had in mind. We should never educate them on anything. They will only use that education against us.

I have some family (on Wife's side) like that. They have learned to just avoid the subject with me. Suspect they probably take shots at her now and then when I am not around. They know we own and carry. I have long told the Wife that is society ever has a short breakdown here the same ones who are gun haters will suddenly want to come to our home. :)

From this post:

Also, there's a reason the 2A exists (it's not hunting ;)), and, to reuse a phrase, semi-auto rifles are what give the 2A teeth.

Sadly a majority of the gun owners do not believe the 2nd is a "right". They believe it is a privilege to be granted and or taken at whim of a Government. That is until some new law hits them, then they of course scream. Bottom line if we can't get gun owners so believe in rights that are inalienable what chance to we have with the non gun owners?

I will try with them IF, they seem like they want to hear it...
I agree. I've been doing this long enough that it doesn't take me long to figure out whether they are open to actually listening or not. If not, I disengage quickly as I could be spending my time talking with someone who might be open to actually hearing what I have to say, and giving it some consideration.

Every time I see another gun law that's going to solve "gun violence", I think about this little film. It's about an hour long. (If I've posted this before, please bear with me - I'm getting old.)

For those who don't have the time to watch it, these screenshots sum up the thing pretty well.

The link to the video is at the bottom.

17043C08-15E8-4812-B069-82488E1A88EE.jpeg

50738D17-D097-4C0B-B926-A9C17CC09A49.jpeg

64C22C0F-2703-4DE4-91BF-FA24BF19975F.jpeg

9DB1C626-5FA6-44F8-87F1-F073A3ED9AB7.jpeg

AE33876C-3EEB-4DB0-88AE-CC2575254929.jpeg

4F0F4A7F-D9C5-4366-8E1A-91924F7B904C.jpeg

558F3976-B9D9-4E4A-9D8E-A76DC936ED0F.jpeg

94F57925-42F6-461C-914C-A590F32E7159.jpeg

Here's the link:

I'm so embarrassed that I just realized/found this since the discussions about 1639. I've bought more than a few pistols so I guess I did that a long time ago and didn't realize it, yet I instantly bristled at that part (among others obviously) in this new set of laws.

Can't believe I didn't know exactly what I had given up a long time ago. Like the vast majority of you I've got nothing to hide and am fortunate and blessed to not have any mental health issues so yeah, it is what it is now....but damn, I consider myself an "informed" gun owner and I didn't realize that or had forgotten it long ago. :(

Me too man.

Good move, but not sure I would admit that online. Unless of course you visit there more than 6 months a year.....;)

We are there all the time and plan on buying a second home there hopefully this year or beginning of next. So its all good the internet nazis can read into what ever they want.

I assume a private transfer of a Semi-Auto rifle in WA will also be subject to all the same requirements under the new law since it needs to be accomplished through an FFL correct?

I assume a private transfer of a Semi-Auto rifle in WA will also be subject to all the same requirements under the new law since it needs to be accomplished through an FFL correct?

Yes, and all in all its not just a "problem" for these. The way the State dropped the ball on BGC for hand guns will also make selling those a huge deal. Since the dealer can no longer just run the buyer, and proceed with the sale. So the buyer and seller can agree to meet again in a matter of weeks, when the state gives the ok, and do the actual sale. Or some shops "may" be willing to take the handgun and hold it for the weeks it will take. Any that do I have to guess are not going to do this for free. So at best you have to get the buyer to meet you once, do the deal, then return weeks later when the OK has been given. So looks like even less chance I will be selling anything I own. Only way I see it happening is if I have something I want to get rid of bad enough to work a trade in with the shop. Lot's of fun.

The way the State dropped the ball on BGC for hand guns will also make selling those a huge deal. Since the dealer can no longer just run the buyer, and proceed with the sale.
I am missing something...
Can't the dealer run the buyer AND the seller at the same time?
What is the reason for the delay between seller and buyer?

I am missing something...
Can't the dealer run the buyer AND the seller at the same time?
What is the reason for the delay between seller and buyer?

WA has LONG had a deal when buying a hand gun that the CLEO (Sheriff or Chief of Police) had to be told you wanted to buy a handgun and OK it. Used to be 5 day wait. Then they made it 10 days BUT, if they get backlogged and do not give the OK, the dealer "could" let you have the gun. Many would not risk it, so you had to wait. During the great panic this got to over a month and people were pissed at the dealers, who had nothing to do with it. Now it used to be that if you had a WA CPL you skipped the wait. That is no more as of next month. So everyone will have to get the OK, means wait. When I have sold the dealer did not run me. They did ask for my ID, did not bother to run me. They only ran the new buyer. One time buyer got a delayed. So we both left. Days later shop called buyer said he was good. He called me, we met up again. Now this is going to always take time. There is no more walk in and walk out. Now some shops "may" be willing to take the gun and let the seller go on his way. I "think" they could. I am sure some FFL's here will answer up on this. If the shop does this it means they have to keep the gun in their inventory for weeks waiting. So if they are willing to do this I have to guess they are going to want something for their time and trouble.

But I know what this tribe is planning in the Beaver State: adios, amigos. Southwest bound we are. Fellow travelers, pray, come along. That is all I will say.

But, I have spoken to much; hey, we'll figure how to preserve freedom. I may be a very silly person, but I still believe we'll rectify the situation. Best of wishes, my friends. :D
This letter's author is expressing similar sentiments:

Readers respond: Bye-bye to a ruined Oregon

Last Edited:
That is the intent.
There is a benefit of it all. Potentially they are staging for catching felons.
Be it/they domestic, or any/all of the above. That's my thought.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top