JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i was just curious if anyone here has a gun they just keep in their car.. and thats where it stays... I have been thinking about getting one.. I know there are times I gotta run to the store and forget to grab my carry weapon, or maybe a time where a short trip to the store turns into a long trip..

I also know that having a gun in your car if the car is stolen could be bad as well.. obviously one would hide the gun so only they knew where it was but that wouldn't help so much if they decided to search the car.

Any thoughts ideas? I know a car safe would be smart as well

Last guy I knew that kept a 24/7 gun in his car got his gun stolen...Kel Tec 380......1 thing I do not like is the gun had a full mag with 1 in the chamber.......some gangbanger is probably packin it around somewhere....I would not leave a gun in the car unless it is a Hi Point.

I know that plenty of people do this but you likely won't get many to say that here in a public forum for several reasons, the least of not which is the loss of anonymity in doing deals and someone out here knowing what might be in your vehicle for the taking.

Truck guns and handguns left in the car are usually of the lower dollar value but reliable category. AKs seem to be popular for trunk/truck guns. Revolvers are likely a popular console/glove box/under seat/door panel gun. You can get a decent working S&W .38 spl for a reasonable price. A couple speedloaders and you are set for most danger that may come your way.

depends on where you live/go to a degree, but i think it's not only unwise, but unethical to leave a gun in the car/truck UNLESS you have it thoroughly secured somehow. handguns are easy to secure in a Gun Vault, which can be bolted from the inside. if you can get ahold of a cruiser style rifle rack, that's obviously a good way to secure a shoulder-fired weapon. i'm currently in the middle of putting together a locking rifle rack for my truck- it's proving to be a bit of a technological challenge to get something super secure without welding... you can only bolt/bend/cut in so many shapes and angles.

I bought a 686 just for the purpose of leaving in my vehicle but found that I don't sleep well when it's out there. It's just too valuable. A shooter grade model 10 with a heavy barrel for .38 spl +P seemed to work slightly better. I think best though is to get an "organizer" that you just grab when getting in your car to take with you. You can get one with multiple compartments and keep some other emergency/convenience things with it like a digital camera, pen and paper, etc. Your insurance adjuster loves it when you can provide photos of the damage taken on-scene.

So i was just curious if anyone here has a gun they just keep in their car.. and thats where it stays... I have been thinking about getting one.. I know there are times I gotta run to the store and forget to grab my carry weapon, or maybe a time where a short trip to the store turns into a long trip..

I also know that having a gun in your car if the car is stolen could be bad as well.. obviously one would hide the gun so only they knew where it was but that wouldn't help so much if they decided to search the car.

Any thoughts ideas? I know a car safe would be smart as well

I don't keep a gun in my rig, but I do keep a little bit of ammo for each of the guns I use often.

Im assuming its meant to say... yes I have a gun in my car ALL the time please come to my house and steal it...in a sarcastic manner

Which was not my intent on this thread.. you dont have to say you do or dont... I just wanted to know if you thought it was a good idea or not.. simple

Used to keep a pistol in my car. It was a 62 Skylark and had this nifty little secret compartment in the dash. It was a dealer option and is on very few cars...in fact I'd had the car for 2 years before accidentally finding it. Big enough for a compact or 4" revolver. I'd say that if you're going to keep a gun in the car it should be 100% concealed even if it's a rifle.

I would have kept a gun in the car but my wife drives its also and if she ever got stopped and they did a search of the car and found a gun and her without a permit, wouldn't be a good thing for her..... just a heads up.

dear diary.
Tomorrow I will break into Andrews VW and steal that mini 14 I've always wanted.

Dear Diary

Tomorrow I will break into every NWFA member's house I have done a FTF using a bill of sale and Steal all of there guns.

Thats a completely pointless point your trying to make considering every transaction done on this site usually includes a bill of sale which would include the sellers/buyers address... so crap everyone who iv sold a gun to knows where i live... I should stop buying guns from you guys.

Dear Diary

Tomorrow I will break into every NWFA member's house I have done a FTF using a bill of sale and Steal all of there guns.

Thats a completely pointless point your trying to make considering every transaction done on this site usually includes a bill of sale which would include the sellers/buyers address... so crap everyone who iv sold a gun to knows where i live... I should stop buying guns from you guys.

Chill dude. I was just teasing. I'm a friend of coctailer.

And if you;re that concerned about people knowing where you live start doing deals in parking lots...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top