JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think this is a bad idea if you live anywhere near the city. Any dumb punk kid (or adult for that matter) can break in a have themselves a throw away gun.
I don't need that trouble.
The only way I see this being ok is if you have it secured. Somekind of lock system or locked glove box, etc.

I live in a pretty quiet area, crime is very low, I always leave my G26, holster, and spare mag in the glove box. When I go somewhere, it's right there to take out and strap up. My truck is beat-up enough that nobody bothers to break into it.

I sure have thought about it..... but heres why I cant bring myself to do it. I cant get past the thought of a drugged up punk bashing my window then finding the gun and the garage door opener. Now he has fairly easy access to my family and I have armed him. Not gonna happen. I choose to keep my friends close, my enemies closer, and my guns right freaking next to me!
With that said, if you do decide to, please, for the safety of us all, put it in a safe. theyre only $50 bucks!:s0155:

Chill dude. I was just teasing. I'm a friend of coctailer.

And if you;re that concerned about people knowing where you live start doing deals in parking lots...

I was just givin you crap.. Im not upset lol... I get your point.. and you get mine.. Not everyones gonna agree 100% with what eachother's saying

YES I DO.
I leave my 38SPCL S&W in my truck all the time. only at night I put my 15gr of Bullseye loads in it. Good Luck with that "Here's my gun to steal thread."

Actually, I think he is saying (most likely joking) that if they break into his rig at night, steal his gun and happen to fire it they are going to get one big bang of a surprise! 15gr. of any powder in a 38 special is a huge overload and most likely to KABOOM!!!

Actually, I think he is saying (most likely joking) that if they break into his rig at night, steal his gun and happen to fire it they are going to get one big bang of a surprise! 15gr. of any powder in a 38 special is a huge overload and most likely to KABOOM!!!

Kind of what I got out of it too,,,:)

I have one that I carry in every car I'm in. Stays with me no matter where I go. It does not get left in the car over night, though. If my car is to get stolen, I would rather it not be with my property in the trunk and then possibly be used in a crime.

Im assuming its meant to say... yes I have a gun in my car ALL the time please come to my house and steal it...in a sarcastic manner

Which was not my intent on this thread.. you dont have to say you do or dont... I just wanted to know if you thought it was a good idea or not.. simple

But isn't an NRA or similar sticker in the window of your car or house about the same? Not trying to hijack this thread, but that's why my car has no stickers, political or otherwise...

But isn't an NRA or similar sticker in the window of your car or house about the same? Not trying to hijack this thread, but that's why my car has no stickers, political or otherwise...

Very true... I personally unless i made some kinda of safe/ secret compartment in my car would not leave one in there, though i do have a newer car with a good security system i wouldn't trust it

I don't have a truck gun, I carry mine with me. If you are making a quick run to the store I bet you grab your cell phone so why not your pistol? I just don't one of my guns in the hand of some ccrackhead that broke in to steal the spare change and found my pistol. I stress when I have to go into a place that doesn't allow firearms, even though I put my pistol in a lock box with a bike chain lock attached to the seat mount.

Cars are actually as secure as most homes...in some ways more so. most cars have alarms and most car robberies have to be smash and grabs because you are so visible during the robbery. I would always say to keep the gun in a locking glovebox, in a tether secured lock box, or a car safe though to keep it safe during a smash and grab.

I personally keep a SA XD40-SC in my car.

GBgun.jpg

In my truck I kept a H&K USPc in a frame mounted safe.

TS3.jpg

TruckGun.jpg

it should be cheap....and it should not be advertised.....and at least it should be checked all the time.

I'm tired of people putting stickers on their cars to show they have a gun......why give it away.....with the NRA and glock stickers and right wing stickers.

Thieves use this to their advantage all the time......everytime.....no matter what....

like hot rims and stupid *** stero equipment.....

it's just free advertising to STEAL ME....

There may be one in my car, then again... I may be in the back seat lying down waiting for you to check for it.

I sure have thought about it..... but heres why I cant bring myself to do it. I cant get past the thought of a drugged up punk bashing my window then finding the gun and the garage door opener. Now he has fairly easy access to my family and I have armed him. Not gonna happen. I choose to keep my friends close, my enemies closer, and my guns right freaking next to me!
With that said, if you do decide to, please, for the safety of us all, put it in a safe. theyre only $50 bucks!:s0155:

Me too - I don't sleep well knowing there is a weapon close that I (or someone I trust) do not have under tight control... I carry one in the truck, but take it in with me for the night. Getting shot with my own weapon is not on the list of things I need to accomplish in life.

Why look at that, a car with a gun, I'll be able to get in,30 seconds, hot wire with the screwdriver,30 seconds, drive away and pry that box out with the gun in privacy.
You obviously haven't tried to hotwire a car in awhile. Most are much harder to do that to these days due to computer brains. Plus, you chance of getting your car stolen is about the same as getting your home burglarized. If I was out to steal a gun I would definitely not target someones car. I would follow someone home from a gun shop and enter the home when it was empty.

Last Edited:
YES I DO.
I leave my 38SPCL S&W in my truck all the time. only at night I put my 15gr of Bullseye loads in it. Good Luck with that "Here's my gun to steal thread."

That'll work great until

1) The thief steals it, uses it and then he or his family sues you for all you have for setting up a booby trap

2) You get forgetful and use the ammo thinking it's your good stuff

3) You pass on unexpectedly and your heirs or other innocent persons go to shoot the gun..

You obviously haven't tried to hotwire a car in awhile. Most are much harder to do that to these days due to computer brains. Plus, you chance of getting your car stolen is about the same as getting your home burglarized. If I was out to steal a gun I would definitely not target someones car. I would follow someone home from a gun shop and enter the home when it was empty.

Most people that lose guns from their car suffer "backdooritis". It's pretty easy to jimmy a trunk lock. This is how most cop's guns are stolen from squad cars, etc

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top