JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
An FFL is a business or a person that has obtaineda Federal Firearm License to buy and sell firearms.

Local gun shops will complete the transfer for you. You can use a site vendor near you or just call a u gun store and ask how they do private party tranfers.

So then is a background check ran?

Yes as was explained. In your state to sell a gun to someone you need to use a person who has a Federal License to sell firearms (FFL). In order for that person to transfer ownership of the gun the person who is ending up with the firearm has to pass a background check. After the new owner passes the FFL will transfer ownership to that new person. It is a defacto registration, even though the State claims there is no such thing, as the State and Feds now know this person owns this gun now.

I'm not sure the original question makes a lot of sense to me. Personally, I do all of my gun buying personally, not through a "Personal Buyer" whatever that may be.

In Washington ...every firearm transaction be it retail or private must go through a FFL
Federal Firearms License Dealer.
So yes a Background check is done for a sale.
While there is no "official" registry for firearms...you must put your name and address on the Federal form
( among other things )...this along with the firearm's make , model and serial number , makes a "unofficial registry"..so to speak.
How Oregon does things may be a bit different...but all states must comply with Federal law.

What exactly are you asking...?
Andy

Welcome to the forum.

Legal gun owners are, in my opinion, the most law abiding folks in the country.

We have to be.

I wish folks whom are not gun owners, and never want to be gun owners, would recognize that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads