Do I need a multi season permit to hunt during firearms and archery seasons?

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Bushman, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Bushman

Bushman
    Newcastle, WA

It's not 100% clear from the WDFW book, but I'm assuming if I want to hunt deer in WA with modern firearm during modern firearm season, and then also with a bow during archery season assuming I didn't get anything during the previous season, I'd need the multi season permit?

I can't just get the deer license and if I don't get anything during modern firearm try my luck during bow season?

2. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

You would need a multi season pass, your correct. If you want to add muzzle loader in there that would be a second multi season pass.

Gets spendy.

Slobray likes this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Also bow season is normally before modern firearm.

And it doesn't matter if you fill your tag or not, still gotta pay for a multi season.

Slobray likes this.
  4. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

To hunt the same species, yes. But you may hunt different species with different weapons. I hunt archery elk and then modern deer.

Slobray and Joe13 like this.
  5. Bushman

Bushman
    Newcastle, WA

Got it, thanks.

Joe13 likes this.
  6. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington

If you havent hunted elk during early archery, its a blast. If you pick your camp right, you can be on them all day long.

Slobray likes this.
  7. Bushman

Bushman
    Newcastle, WA

I will actually give it a try on your suggestion. I've been scouting Deer spots for the past few months using their tracks, poop, trails and bedding. Will have to start looking for some elk as well. I just got a new compound bow to try out. Tempted to take my recurve ha ha ha.

8. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington

If you hunt elk in the same area you hunt deer, elk season is also a big scouting venture for deer. The two animals behave so differently. When I spook deer, Im generally irritated. When I spook elk, I just go after them!

If you haven't hunted early archery elk, you're missing out. They are in the rut and are as stupid as they will be all year. The weather is also still temperate and sometimes hot.

Slobray and Joe13 like this.
  9. clearconscience

clearconscience
    Vancouver, WA

This year will be my first trip hunting elk in archery season and I am stoked!
    Went and did a little scouting last weekend and bumped a coule decent bulls. Hopefully I find them come Sept.

Opening season is my Bday weekend, c'mon luck!

Joe13 likes this.