JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's not 100% clear from the WDFW book, but I'm assuming if I want to hunt deer in WA with modern firearm during modern firearm season, and then also with a bow during archery season assuming I didn't get anything during the previous season, I'd need the multi season permit?

I can't just get the deer license and if I don't get anything during modern firearm try my luck during bow season?

It's not 100% clear from the WDFW book, but I'm assuming if I want to hunt deer in WA with modern firearm during modern firearm season, and then also with a bow during archery season assuming I didn't get anything during the previous season, I'd need the multi season permit?

I can't just get the deer license and if I don't get anything during modern firearm try my luck during bow season?

To hunt the same species, yes. But you may hunt different species with different weapons. I hunt archery elk and then modern deer.

If you havent hunted elk during early archery, its a blast. If you pick your camp right, you can be on them all day long.

I will actually give it a try on your suggestion. I've been scouting Deer spots for the past few months using their tracks, poop, trails and bedding. Will have to start looking for some elk as well. I just got a new compound bow to try out. Tempted to take my recurve ha ha ha.

I will actually give it a try on your suggestion. I've been scouting Deer spots for the past few months using their tracks, poop, trails and bedding. Will have to start looking for some elk as well. I just got a new compound bow to try out. Tempted to take my recurve ha ha ha.

If you hunt elk in the same area you hunt deer, elk season is also a big scouting venture for deer. The two animals behave so differently. When I spook deer, Im generally irritated. When I spook elk, I just go after them!

If you haven't hunted early archery elk, you're missing out. They are in the rut and are as stupid as they will be all year. The weather is also still temperate and sometimes hot.

This year will be my first trip hunting elk in archery season and I am stoked!
Went and did a little scouting last weekend and bumped a coule decent bulls. Hopefully I find them come Sept.

Opening season is my Bday weekend, c'mon luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top