JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So...... anyways i hope the OP was able to successfully find another source for his freedom without issue with the myriad of options that are open.

I know PSA has a deal right now for PMAGS for AR's with promo code PMAG and free shipping for order 10 or more. (for us oregon folk before 114)
1666043656495.png

Last Edited:
I know im being sarcastic here since someone has terribad reading comprehension and online anger issues cuz their life sucks :D

and possibly a case of butthurt.
Cuz? Butthurt? 2 words that don't exist. My comprehension is spot on and your spelling would not win a 1st grade spelling bee. My life is great. Retired at 51. Maybe if you work on your spelling and English you may succeed some day. We know the laws of our state. Please push the report button.

Is the response of words that don't exist like butthurt?

If so then I guess this is not correct.
6FB2D630-F6A1-4A42-ADB2-43F9A194C625.jpeg

New words get added to the English language on a regular and consistent basis. And if it's about the word "cuz"

D16F12BB-E454-4FA0-A591-A15770C20E7D.jpeg

Weird how that happens.

We won't talk about how in poetry one can use different words and meanings and not even be spelled correctly and still not be able to correct someone for using the words.

Discrimination be dammed, my experience in Sportsman's Whorehouse was not good today.

I realized they had gone through a major 'remodel' but it appears they are beginning to look like a Dick's sporting goods.

Massive reduction in handgun inventory. No S&Ws , Rugers, or really any revolvers other than a couple Heritage .22s.

Mostly just all plastic now, some Stogers, CZs, Berettas a couple of RIA guns but nothing like they used to have. Rifle inventory minimal as well.

Guy in the gun dept was not real helpful when I was asking about the changes, and told me 'It would be best if I shopped online for anything specific I was looking for.

A few more powders in stock but not much. $18.99 Blazer 9mm and $249/250 round buckets of .223.

Even gun accessories such as reloading, cleaning stuff and other things appeared to be less than normal. Heck they didn't even have any Rem Oil.

I keep seeing it is illegal to Import to Washington. does anyone have the definition of Importing? Far as i can tell that is referring to coming from overseas and not transporting something to your residence from another state?
Not really. To import is to bring from outside a location. You can import data into a computer program for instance. We usually think of it as bringing something from another country, but technically U.S states are separate geopolitical units operating within a federal system. The European Union is much the same only somewhat more autonomous States.

my point was that i think they are opening themselves up to more law suites by refusing sales of a legal purchase. I may be wrong but i dont remeber the new mag ban in Washington making it illegal to own these, just illegal to sell them in this state.
The problem with "discrimination" is that it has specific definitions under the law. There are only so many things that you can be discriminated against for.... sex, religion, race, etc etc you know what Im saying... State of residence is not protected by law, therefore you cannot legally claim discrimination.

Bad policy? Depends. Places like Sportsmans walk a fine line with a target on their back... all these commie libtards out there would love to take them down and or litigate them into bankruptcy or capitulation (Not selling guns anymore) They sell a mag and something happens, theyre done.

Dick move? Yes. yes it is. Kind of like how every chicken bubblegum FFL around here wont release your firearm after 10 days despite the law saying its legal to release it. My favorite being the FFL who is still holding a handgun past 10 days, but I walk out with a shotgun in five minutes.

Anyhow... the only way you can do it is to maybe ship mags to an Oregon address..... or have a buddy in OR pick them up for you.
But in this political climate thats going to be a tough sell. In the end, you shouldve guessed that this bubblegum was going to pass and stocked up beforehand

I'm not a lawyer but I can't see how Sportsman's has any liability whatsoever when they sell to someone in Oregon. Doesn't matter what the intent of the buyer is, nor would it matter where the buyer resides. Sportsman's would have no knowledge of the residence of the buyer and no authority to ask. What if the buyer is using the magazine during a competition in Oregon? It would be like asking if I was planning on killing someone when I bought a set of steak knives. There is no reason for the seller to even ask intent or residence. They have no liability for the actions of the buyer.

I don't consider it discrimination, but it's nobody's business what I do with a benign piece of plastic. We don't have to participate in stupid games.
Doesnt matter. Look at the firearms manufacturers who were sued over their guns being used in a shooting. Of course its bullbubblegum, they have NO liability as the gun probably changed hands between wholesalers and distributors, etc before landing at the LGS who then sold it LEGALLY to the person who ended up killing with it.
They follow the laws to the letter and have ZERO control over orknowledge of who the end user is nor do they even know the LGS that received it. Despite being so far removed from the end user, they still get sued, courts still allow it and even if they win, it still costs them millions.
Sportsmans is looking at these precedents and deciding that given the laws in WA and their proximity to the border, the likelihood of WA residents trying to buy mags in OR is pretty high... therefore they probably card anyone buy a 10+ mag to cover their bubblegum... as mentioned before. They arent obligated to serve anyone.

It sucks, but anyone in WA who gets caught short of mags at this point, made their own bed.

Since it's legal in Oregon, and the store was in Oregon, I don't see how they can refuse a sale in Oregon, no matter where you're from? You could be buying it as a gift to a friend who lives in Oregon, so banning sales based on where the buyer lives is wrong.

Since it's legal in Oregon, and the store was in Oregon, I don't see how they can refuse a sale in Oregon, no matter where you're from? You could be buying it as a gift to a friend who lives in Oregon, so banning sales based on where the buyer lives is wrong.
If I was the owner of one of these big box retailers I would put in place a policy to check IDs of everyone buying mags. And I wouldnt sell to anyone who resided in a restricted states. Is it BS… yes. But I'd rather deal with an angry customer than I would with a attorney/lawyer of someone who shot multiple kids using a mag they purchased in my store and then took across the border and committed the crime.

The CEO/owner of the store is the one who inherits all the risk.

Sadly it's the world we live in. When you can be held accountable for someone else's actions. Simply because they used your product.

And for everyone saying you're buying it as a "gift" you can always give money and they can go buy it… I don't really by into the the whole "it's a gift" thing.

Discrimination be dammed, my experience in Sportsman's Whorehouse was not good today.

I realized they had gone through a major 'remodel' but it appears they are beginning to look like a Dick's sporting goods.

Massive reduction in handgun inventory. No S&Ws , Rugers, or really any revolvers other than a couple Heritage .22s.

Mostly just all plastic now, some Stogers, CZs, Berettas a couple of RIA guns but nothing like they used to have. Rifle inventory minimal as well.

Guy in the gun dept was not real helpful when I was asking about the changes, and told me 'It would be best if I shopped online for anything specific I was looking for.

A few more powders in stock but not much. $18.99 Blazer 9mm and $249/250 round buckets of .223.

Even gun accessories such as reloading, cleaning stuff and other things appeared to be less than normal. Heck they didn't even have any Rem Oil.
Wow!

I wonder what our SW has in stock now. My husband may check them out this week before he goes hunting again.

It sounds like they are turning into a Dick's store. We do not have that store here but I have read about it online and how they got on the ANTI bandwagon.

Cate

We in Eastern Wa go to Idaho where there is no behavior like that. If you continue to give Sportsman's your hard earned money so they can POLICE YOU, then you are just condoning it. Nothing hurts them more than taking your money away.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top