JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe I was not clear. Yes, several lawsuits have been filed before the Sportman lawsuit. Each lawsuit is different and focuses on different aspects of the measure or flawed implementation. The Sportmans lawsuit has the strongest arguments for getting an injunction, however it does not kill this measure.
From what I understand which I could be wrong. If one part of the measure is stopped the whole measure is stopped as it changes the whole measure people voted on.

From what I understand which I could be wrong. If one part of the measure is stopped the whole measure is stopped as it changes the whole measure people voted on.
I'm no lawyer either, but I seem to recall that there was a blurp written into the measure that each aspect had to be stopped individually.

👆

Dat's true, there's a sever ability clause separating the magazine ban and the permitting process…

It's a cluster fubar….
Which proves that it was NOT just a one issue measure, ergo: should not have been allowed.

As far as LEOs, if a law is passed, either by legislature or ballot measure, I say again, it should affect LEOs as well as law abiding citizens. They should not be exempt.

Jack

I'm no lawyer either, but I seem to recall that there was a blurp written into the measure that each aspect had to be stopped individually.
I read the measure but I can't retain all the horse crap in it Thanks for clarifying. Well hopefully with all the lawsuits the judge makes a injunction on the whole measure since they are all filed before it was law?

Maybe I was not clear. Yes, several lawsuits have been filed before the Sportman lawsuit. Each lawsuit is different and focuses on different aspects of the measure or flawed implementation. The Sportmans lawsuit has the strongest arguments for getting an injunction, however it does not kill this measure.
Definitely didn't get that, must've got the wires crossed thanks for the clarification. I would point to the second post I made in the thread about how an injunction could actually harm the chances of getting the permit scheme removed.

I'm not mad at FPC, I merely expected better than this from them and am surprised at the easy out for temporary relief. It feels very much like reacting to the movement of a pawn instead of planning to counter the queen, a shortsighted move that might bring temporary relief at the risk of long term disaster.

Cheers

Hatin'? You might catch a goofball behind the counter sometimes, but they've usually got some deals that are pretty good.
They do have good deal and definitely some goof balls. I've had good and bad experience but it's not the place I really go looking for a gun. Most time I am after something specific, and have my buddy order. I might go to sportsman's but I don't like standing in a line and waiting. I would rather do down the street and pay $40 more than deal with a crowd and lines.

Although I find it comforting that 114 is being challenged by many sources, I really hope they'd group together to not waste funds on doing the same thing. If they pool their resources it's far better than duplicating them.

Although I find it comforting that 114 is being challenged by many sources, I really hope they'd group together to not waste funds on doing the same thing. If they pool their resources it's far better than duplicating them.
The legal challenges are attaching different provisions of the 114.

Firearms sales probably drive 40% of their business the other 40% is fishing and 20% camping.
I would guess they sell more fishing stuff vs guns by a lot at least in Hillsboro. This is on a regular day with no pandemic or gun law scare. Would be interesting to see the actual % though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top