JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its a federal felony. You dont have to believe that and clearly you don't but the law is very clear on the subject. No private interstate sales of any firearm since the '68 Gun Control Act was passed.

As a Washington resident you can buy a rifle from a dealer in Idaho. You cannot buy a handgun. You cannot buy ANY GUN from any private seller without going through a dealer in ANY other state. FEDERAL LAW
It also says you can not send ammunition out of state either. I have bought from several people on this sight selling ammo and shipped it to me. The 1968 Gun act was written to control not guns and ammo but the Black Panther Party. No Felons. No mailing it to your friends. No Drug addicted people. Learn your history instead of just quoting a very racist piece on legislation.

It also says you can not send ammunition out of state either. I have bought from several people on this sight selling ammo and shipped it to me. The 1968 Gun act was written to control not guns and ammo but the Black Panther Party. No Felons. No mailing it to your friends. No Drug addicted people. Learn your history instead of just quoting a very racist piece on legislation.
History? Who cares?. Its a felony. Federal felony. You may be a willing felon but you are still committing a felony buying ANY GUN interstate in a private party transfer without going through a dealer.

Hey everyone look at me I commit federal felonies. JFC.

You are liable for being a felon.
No I have a FFL that allows me to do these things. I can buy it from out of state and ship it to myself. I don't have to go through BGC's. I simple put it into log book and sign it over to myself. I'm not a felon. You sir need to spend more time outdoors and less on you computer. 7800 posts? You must live vicariously though the rest of us shooters. Pathetic. Don't you have a Southeastfirearms.com to join.

No I have a FFL that allows me to do these things. I can buy it from out of state and ship it to myself. I don't have to go through BGC's. I simple put it into log book and sign it over to myself. I'm not a felon. You sir need to spend more time outdoors and less on you computer. 7800 posts? You must live vicariously though the rest of us shooters. Pathetic. Don't you have a Southeastfirearms.com to join.
Haha. Ive been here what? 13-14 years .

And no, Even with an FFL you cannot buy private party in another state. Its still a federal felony. You can buy from another dealer, you can buy from private party IF they ship it to you in your state.

Haha. Ive been you what? 13-14 years .

And no, Even with an FFL you cannot buy private party in another state. Its still a federal felony. You can buy from another dealer, you can buy from private party IF they ship it to you in your state.
It is not a felony. I can buy from out of state and have it shipped to my FFL address. When at a gun show I can purchase them as well. So long as they go into the log book. If this is true then everyone on Gunbroker or even here are committing felony's. You sir are a uninformed of the laws for FFL holders.

It is not a felony. I can buy from out of state and have it shipped to my FFL address. When at a gun show I can purchase them as well. So long as they go into the log book. If this is true then everyone on Gunbroker or even here are committing felony's. You sir are a uninformed of the laws for FFL holders.
Yes you can buy out of state and have it sent to your shop in your state. You cannot buy private party in another state as you claim you have multiple times and bring them back into your state even with an FFL.
I was a dealer in Washington and Oregon for 20 years.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA or GCA68) is a U.S. federal law that regulates the firearms industry and firearms ownership. Due to constitutional limitations, the Act is primarily based on regulating interstate commerce in firearms by generally prohibiting interstate firearms transfers except by manufacturers, dealers and importers licensed under a scheme set up under the Act.

Notice the except by manufacturers, dealers and importers.

"I just texted a local dealer that said I do not have to have a BGC if I legally buy it in another state."

I thought YOU were the local dealer?
Is that the best you got. I did contact one of my local dealers to confirm that you are wrong. Last year Wanemacha had 4200 tables. 400,000 people showed up. They were all from OK?

A FFL does not cross borders. It is for you state of business only. So long as the gun is sent to my FFL address I am well within the law. When you buy from here the seller includes a copy of their drivers license. They do not have to come from a dealer. The law is about you buying from a private party to hide your purchase from your home state of residence. I never spoke of hiding a purchase from WA state.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews