JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow!

I wonder what our SW has in stock now. My husband may check them out this week before he goes hunting again.

It sounds like they are turning into a Dick's store. We do not have that store here but I have read about it online and how they got on the ANTI bandwagon.

Cate

They have always been Dick's.

I will suggest that if you don't like retailers, gun forums, etc enabling governments in restricting our freedoms, to vote with your dollars. I can say, this evening, I have made a choice to be less enthusiastic with my support.

Edit: I want to again thank the member I bought reloads from last weekend. It might be the last batch I am able to buy.

Last Edited:
As most know Washington state recently banned the sale of any magazine's with more that 10 rounds. I went into Sportsmans today in Oregon and was refused the sale of a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. At the register for check out they made me show ID. Upon seeing my ID was from Washington state they rufused to sell them to me. The employee stated it was Sportsmans policy to not sell any mag over 10 rounds to anyone with a California or Washington ID. So with that being said was that a obvious case of discrimination or not?
I don't think so. They have the right to have a policy, but I wonder if they have the legal right to ask for your DL. Is the policy posted where everyone can see it?

my point was that i think they are opening themselves up to more law suites by refusing sales of a legal purchase. I may be wrong but i dont remeber the new mag ban in Washington making it illegal to own these, just illegal to sell them in this state.
As long as they are not refusing you service due to you being a protected "class" under federal law, they can refuse service to anyone.

Does anyone but me find it amusing that Sportsman's Corporate is located in Utah ?
I forgot about that. In my home town, Midvale! LOL
Well, goes back to being sued out of existence. Judges and juries awarding huge sums of money to people that make poor choices.

As most know Washington state recently banned the sale of any magazine's with more that 10 rounds. I went into Sportsmans today in Oregon and was refused the sale of a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. At the register for check out they made me show ID. Upon seeing my ID was from Washington state they rufused to sell them to me. The employee stated it was Sportsmans policy to not sell any mag over 10 rounds to anyone with a California or Washington ID. So with that being said was that a obvious case of discrimination or not?
I've never been asked for ID there to buy 30-rounders. Must be a brand new policy. Try smaller gun stores. They're less likely to be sympathetic to left coast tyranny.

You just moved to oregon and legally have 30 days to change your ID. During the 30days I would assume you have the constitutional right to purchase magazines?

FFLs are RQEUIRED by Federal Law to follow the rules of the buyers state of residence. This is nothing new.
They are NOT REQUIRED to ask for ID in a state that does not require it for a non FFL item. This is Sportsman's falling victim to the pressure of the gov. No where in the FFL laws does it state that if another state prohibits a OVER THE COUNTER ITEM the FFL in other states must ask for ID. This is not a ATF or FFL argument. This is a Wa State law! Remember people the best thing you can do is to take your money away from them. Sportsman's is looking more like Dicks than a outdoor outfitter.

They are NOT REQUIRED to ask for ID in a state that does not require it for a non FFL item. This is Sportsman's falling victim to the pressure of the gov. No where in the FFL laws does it state that if another state prohibits a OVER THE COUNTER ITEM the FFL in other states must ask for ID. This is not a ATF or FFL argument. This is a Wa State law! Remember people the best thing you can do is to take your money away from them. Sportsman's is looking more like Dicks than a outdoor outfitter.
Are you willing to bet your business, FFL license, and freedom against an overzealous agent from the ATF or the AG's office? Given they operate in BOTH states, I can see why they do it. I doubt most local gun shops would do the same, but I understand why the SW and BiMarts types have backed off.

I can appreciate your opinion and sentiment, but unless you operate in the environment everyday, for a living, its an opinion.

FFLs are RQEUIRED by Federal Law to follow the rules of the buyers state of residence. This is nothing new.
Are you willing to bet your business, FFL license, and freedom against an overzealous agent from the ATF or the AG's office? Given they operate in BOTH states, I can see why they do it. I doubt most local gun shops would do the same, but I understand why the SW and BiMarts types have backed off.

I can appreciate your opinion and sentiment, but unless you operate in the environment everyday, for a living, its an opinion.
I can understand why they do it also, but they are not "required" to withhold magazine sales from residents of states that have outlawed them.

It's perfectly legal to purchase magazines in states where they are legal, for use in that state.

That's not an opinion.

Magazines are not an FFL item so you're proposing a straw man argument that makes no sense. Sounds like you're arguing for the sake of having an argument.

In any case, Sportsman's has done a complete turnround and now supports the fight against 114.

Magazines are not an FFL item so you're proposing a straw man argument that makes no sense. Sounds like you're arguing for the sake of having an argument.

In any case, Sportsman's has done a complete turnround and now supports the fight against 114.
I don't know man? Considering our litigious society currently? But it would be nice if businesses would/could stand up and ban together to shut some of this crap down.

Tough to prove your importing something that is not regulated.
Not really if WSP pulls you over in Liberty Lake for speeding, and you have a case of Pmags and a receipt from Cabela's sitting on the passenger seat.

Just saying, they can legally sell you mags all day long for use in Idaho. The only real risk to them is bad publicity if someone does something dumb.

Not really if WSP pulls you over in Liberty Lake for speeding, and you have a case of Pmags and a receipt from Cabela's sitting on the passenger seat.

Just saying, they can legally sell you mags all day long for use in Idaho. The only real risk to them is bad publicity if someone does something dumb.
So it's like fireworks.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top