JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine will never STFU either. I always have to make sure to get rid of it immediately.
Glad im not the only one. Haha. I should just quit working. Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting rid of it. I heard Portland is a nice place for the unemployed/homeless….

Mine will never STFU either. I always have to make sure to get rid of it immediately.
have_to_spend_sometime.jpg

I am guessing it is a bigger problem in stores closer to the Washington border. I've never been carded at a Sportsman's farther inland. Unfortunately, Washington laws suck therefore Oregon business policies (and eventually laws) have to suck proportionally to coddle the whining neighbors. The same thing happened offroad power sports dealers. Washington bubblegumed about sales tax loud enough that now Oregon dealers have to collect Washington sales tax for Washington customers. I'm not an apologist for sportsman's warehouse...but I do understand the pressure stupid laws put on businesses that are often the target of frivolous lawsuits. I'd love Oregon, and Oregon 2a businesses to to give the middle finger to infringement but unfortunately none have the stones to do so, because to them the "cost" of freedom seems too high.

That's only if they are "imported" into the state.

True.

However, the OP expressed his intent to circumvent the Washington Statutes and stated he purchased a magazine in Oregon.

Now, if the Washington authorities get a warrant based on his clear statement, search his domicile and find a magazine capable of exceeding the capacity limits, they prosecute him to make an example. The OP would need to prove the magazines in his possession were not the ones he was bragging about purchasing and importing.

I don't have an issue with people buying standard capacity magazines. I do have an issue with people bragging about breaking the law.

Sometimes "Silence is Golden".

True.

However, the OP expressed his intent to circumvent the Washington Statutes and stated he purchased a magazine in Oregon.

Now, if the Washington authorities get a warrant based on his clear statement, search his domicile and find a magazine capable of exceeding the capacity limits, they prosecute him to make an example. The OP would need to prove the magazines in his possession were not the ones he was bragging about purchasing and importing.

I don't have an issue with people buying standard capacity magazines. I do have an issue with people bragging about breaking the law.

Sometimes "Silence is Golden".
I never said i imported any magazines into Washington state! i only purchased the a fore mentioned magazines. They where a gift for a Oregon resident...

Who's to say he isn't coming to Oregon to participate in USPSA, Speed Steel, IDPA, or any other competitions? Possibly shooting sage rats or other varmints? People in Oregon can hunt/shoot with normal capacity magazines.

My point is that people, as well as businesses, can be so risk adverse that they can be too afraid to get out of bed, for fear of something bad happening, with no real basis for that fear.

Best thing to do is dress up in O gear and then go in with someone that is not (in O gear) and is a minority. Buy it and have them denied. Claim racism and sue them. Get paid and then move to a normal state!

Last Edited:
idk some karen prob told their employees to do it. next time just make the drive down to salem sportsmans or a local gunshop and i bet they'll sell it to you.

Lol you know what he is doing driving from Washington to buy mags here…

I don't care but don't pretend he isn't going to break the law driving back into washington

Quit trying to be smart

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads