JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
smaller shops whose lively hood falls on firearms tend to follow the federal rules. Larger shops who dont care will lock it up until hell freezes over.
just based on my experiences since passage

Are all Oregon gun shops treating measure 14 as if it were fully in force ? I've heard of 30 day waits at some big shops and almost no waits at smaller shops.
I think the wait times are because Oregon's bs law that the federal background check isn't good enough so we have to wait for OSP to perform its own bgc.

Since measure 114 the OSP has slowed down their processing times from 8000+ bgc a week to under a 1000 bgc a week. Its conjecture as to why but we can all surmise why.

Plus previously chl were bumped to the front of the queue so bgc would only take 10-15 minutes. Now even with a chl you most likely will be put in back of the queue and forced to wait what is now 2 month to be able to pick up their firearm.

I'm currently at 6 weeks and waiting even with having a chl.

Plenty of shops are doing the 3 day release. All you have to do is search the site to find out which ones (there are plenty of threads already). If you choose a shop outside of the ones offering 3 day release its your own fault when you are waiting 1-2 months.

Cause we need one more…… I guess.
south park beat a dead horse GIF

114 isn't in effect anywhere and I don't know of a single place that requires a permit to purchase. Your information is bad and you should feel bad

Are all Oregon gun shops treating measure 14 as if it were fully in force ? I've heard of 30 day waits at some big shops and almost no waits at smaller shops.
big box stores which have shown their true colors aren't siding with the people. Smaller shops and espcecially now since some started seeing they're losing business to other FFLs are finally for the first time doing 3 day Federal transfer. That has always been legal and a safe gaurd against exactly what M114 did to us here stall the sale of fire arms. So in a way it backfired, because for as long as I know no FFL shop would ever turn over a firearm without an approval and there are stories of people put in pending status for a year and nothing. Now FFLs are for either reasons of a big F U to the state of Oregon or because they're losing business. It's a mix , some FFLs are doing transfers as long as its coming from big companies like Palmetto, Brownells , etc that they have FFL on file with but not doing private party transfer. I think it has a lot to do with being able to send a firearm back to a bigger known company and all if bubblegum hits the fan again here in Oregon which is about to and or because they'd rather sell waht they have in stock. Oregon Rifle Works will not do transfers at the moment, however they are doing 3 business day transfers for buying through their shop. I just learned that when i went in and asked. I was tempted to pick up something but they didn't have anythign I wanted however its refreshing to see them finally do a 3 day transfer being a shop that refused to do that in the beginning and again I think its because they realized they're losing sales to other FFLs. isnt capitalism great when there is competition and people are fighting for my money.

most small shops around here are giving you your gun after 3 days if you have a CHL.
the shops that are doing that and i'm keeping note in my local area have high regard for and will gladly give all my future business too. People , all of us people who are patriots and gun owners/enthusiasts really need to start helping one another. If you own a gun, you are a friend. And what I really hope after all this Measure 114 is that peope will finally wake up and as a BIG F U back start going back to private party transfers ......because its no ones business what two grown adults trade between each other. Draft a bill of sale, take a copy of DL and make an exchange. You have a personal recording showing you sold it to X person on X date. that's how it is in some other FREE states.

the shops that are doing that and i'm keeping note in my local area have high regard for and will gladly give all my future business too. People , all of us people who are patriots and gun owners/enthusiasts really need to start helping one another. If you own a gun, you are a friend. And what I really hope after all this Measure 114 is that peope will finally wake up and as a BIG F U back start going back to private party transfers ......because its no ones business what two grown adults trade between each other. Draft a bill of sale, take a copy of DL and make an exchange. You have a personal recording showing you sold it to X person on X date. that's how it is in some other FREE states.
i never stopped doing FTF transfers

And what I really hope after all this Measure 114 is that people will finally wake up and as a BIG F U back start going back to private party transfers ......Draft a bill of sale, take a copy of DL
Well, this is all good and fine but don't forget the little 'tidbit' of SB 941 which will most likely never be removed unless we happen to get a Repub Governor.

However if the law does not matter to you, and you conduct a PP transfer, a bill of sale and a copy of a DL won't matter either; and would only serve to provide a record of an ILLEGAL tansfer.

Last Edited:
I have never used my CHL as I.D. ( nor my SS #) and just purchased a firearm last Thursday. It took longer to fill out the 4473 than to get the 'approval'.

Well, this is all good and fine but don't forget the little 'tidbit' of SB 941 which will most likely never be removed unless we happen to get a Repub Governor.

However if the law does not matter to you, and you conduct a PP transfer, a bill of sale and a copy of a DL won't matter either; and would only serve to provide a record of an ILLEGAL tansfer.
Well they've already made us into criminals day by day..... so lol at this point it's like do we really give a #$%^ anymore ??? at this point I've lost faith in the American public, i very much believe if tomorrow Oregon said turn all your weaopons in because its now law Oregonians will just line up to give up their right. Sad because your 2nd ammendment is literally to prevent that but whatever....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top