JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Per Senate Bill 5078 – passed by the Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Jay Inslee earlier this year – the only magazines allowed for sale and importation into Washington will be those with a maximum capacity of 10 rounds. Any magazines currently owned that hold more than 10 rounds are unaffected by the new law. https://www.thecentersquare.com/was...cle_8542b84a-f7d1-11ec-85cb-875b7e6d890c.html

I'm not sure how they enforce this since these magazines/clips are not serialized and no way to prove it was/was not purchased before the law went into effect, or where it was purchased. Given the sue happy climate here in the US, I can only assume they are trying to protect themselves from litigation in the event a mag/clip with >10 round capacity they sell to a WA resident were to be used in a mass shooting in WA. Right or wrong, they are trying to protect themselves. The Parkland shooter bought a gun from Dick's Sporting Goods, and while it was not the gun used in the shooting and they were never sued, corporate decided to no longer sell sporting rifles or components. I no longer do business with them for anything since I believe they folded to the anti-gun masses. https://money.cnn.com/2018/02/28/news/companies/dicks-weapon-ban/index.html

Per Senate Bill 5078 – passed by the Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Jay Inslee earlier this year – the only magazines allowed for sale and importation into Washington will be those with a maximum capacity of 10 rounds. Any magazines currently owned that hold more than 10 rounds are unaffected by the new law.
This is exactly why it's wrong. We will not talk about SCOTUS and their ruling on magazines.

According to Senate bill 5078 as you stated it says magazines to be imported into Washington State.

What Is an Import?
An import is a good or service bought in one country that was produced in another. Imports and exports are the components of international trade!

Therefore the Bill is faulty in its own language and should not exist! Furthermore, buying a magazine in another state and driving across state lines DOES NOT make it imported!

Lawsuits should be filed everywhere! They can always refuse to sell to people but you were discriminated against.

@Saleen87

Last Edited:
Just say you bought the mags before the law went into effect. Take your range bag with you and say you intended to shoot with a friend or at a competition. Don't play the game. As far as Sportsman's, being complicit has consequences.

I will imply the reasonable response to what is actually happening

Why don't you go cry harder somewhere
It's actually not that uncommon for people in unconstitutional states to accumulate/store "banned" items at properties in states where those items are still legal—for the sole purpose of using those items in the "good" state.

Wonder if OP brought like 4+ to register that made them curious? I've made several purchases of "items" at that and others in OR and never asked for ID —I did pay cash so no need to see any ID also

It outlaws import, buying in one state and taking it back to WA is importing. This is the legal anal probe they are wanting to avoid as they would be supplying YOU with the contraband material that would nail them in court.

You being upset over not getting an item is something they would much rather contend then sitting in court over violating a law.

PS. I have sympathy for you as this law totally sucks and Oregon is looking down the same barrel with Measure 114 this November.
And of course it's your job to let everyone know that. Piss off.

I know im being sarcastic here since someone has terribad reading comprehension and online anger issues cuz their life sucks :D

and possibly a case of butthurt.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads