JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dunno if it means anything, but one of my boys was over in Southern Utah at one time visiting. He was wearing his hiking boots with a pair of cargo shorts and a parka. A guy he didn't even know asked him right off..., "You from Oregon, hu?"

Is that a "thing"? :s0092:
Yup. It's easy to spot people from Oregon. Especially when they are wearing hiking boots and shorts…..

I stopped shopping at sportsman's a couple years ago when they adopted the stupid AF ticket system to get service at the firearms section.

Time before that I purchased a pistol and the clerk input the wrong serial and it came up stolen, thankfully management cleared it up. Used to be a great store back in 2016 but now it's useless to me. Online has the best deals and I can usually find decent things at local FFL's.

If you wear this disguise

1665608352170.png

I bet that Sportsman's won't F with you when trying to buy mags!

The discrimination is codified in the state law. State can buy hi-caps and citizens cannot.
As to right or wrong, stare decisis (case law) would rule here. I suppose I could Google up stare decisis in cases involving adjacent jurisdiction liabilty etc., but life is too short.

In a case where Salvador Ramos buys a mag in Oregon and then shoots Washington up, rest assured that a civil jury will award against Sportsman's - which is also federally licensed to operate in Washington. Corporate liability.

The stupid law must be overturned. Therefore, I contribute to the Second Amendment Foundation.

Just curious...why was this happening 15 years ago??? Back then anyone from Cali could go to any state, buy all the ammo they wanted and take it back to Cali. The ammo laws there are relatively new regarding importing, ammo BGC, etc. Mag capacity limits and the gun roster are older so I could see that. Insight?
Wasn't for state. For age. They IDd for age verification. Those from out of state that decided to buy everything together, usually has magazines taken away from them once it was made known they went from NV. They were able to but everything else.

The discrimination is codified in the state law. State can buy hi-caps and citizens cannot.
As to right or wrong, stare decisis (case law) would rule here. I suppose I could Google up stare decisis in cases involving adjacent jurisdiction liabilty etc., but life is too short.

In a case where Salvador Ramos buys a mag in Oregon and then shoots Washington up, rest assured that a civil jury will award against Sportsman's - which is also federally licensed to operate in Washington. Corporate liability.

The stupid law must be overturned. Therefore, I contribute to the Second Amendment Foundation.
I'm not a lawyer but I can't see how Sportsman's has any liability whatsoever when they sell to someone in Oregon. Doesn't matter what the intent of the buyer is, nor would it matter where the buyer resides. Sportsman's would have no knowledge of the residence of the buyer and no authority to ask. What if the buyer is using the magazine during a competition in Oregon? It would be like asking if I was planning on killing someone when I bought a set of steak knives. There is no reason for the seller to even ask intent or residence. They have no liability for the actions of the buyer.

I don't consider it discrimination, but it's nobody's business what I do with a benign piece of plastic. We don't have to participate in stupid games.

I'm not a lawyer but I can't see how Sportsman's has any liability whatsoever when they sell to someone in Oregon. Doesn't matter what the intent of the buyer is, nor would it matter where the buyer resides. Sportsman's would have no knowledge of the residence of the buyer and no authority to ask. What if the buyer is using the magazine during a competition in Oregon? It would be like asking if I was planning on killing someone when I bought a set of steak knives. There is no reason for the seller to even ask intent or residence. They have no liability for the actions of the buyer.

I don't consider it discrimination, but it's nobody's business what I do with a benign piece of plastic. We don't have to participate in stupid games.
Yet firearm manufacturers are getting sued when a tool they manufactured are used in a "mass shooting."

Same concept. Company's are simply covering their a$$ and in todays day and age I don't blame them. They are the ones taking the risk.

You can throw a fit but it won't change anything.

I think some of us have different views on what discrimination means. This was discrimination based on residence. They clearly stated so to the OP. They could have discriminated based on any number of things but they chose to discriminate against residents from CA and WA. Next time you are in Wilsonville area try Sunset Firearms in Wilsonville. I am pretty sure @pdxgordo doesn't care what State you are from for magazine purchases.

Sportsman's sucks.

Which store? They have no right to ask for your "papers" when buying a magazine. It's up to you what you do with it. Same with a couch, a gallon of gas, or a freaking circus monkey. None of their damn business.

Probably, trying to get Americans ready for the next step......
1665620292064.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Yet firearm manufacturers are getting sued when a tool they manufactured are used in a "mass shooting."

Same concept. Company's are simply covering their a$$ and in todays day and age I don't blame them. They are the ones taking the risk.

You can throw a fit but it won't change anything.
LOL, I'm not throwing a fit, I'm telling you that a magazine is not a freaking firearm. Should stores not sell matches because someone might start a fire? Freedom doesn't need to be hard. You're free to play along with whatever games you want, the rest if us will be living our lives.

LOL, I'm not throwing a fit, I'm telling you that a magazine is not a freaking firearm. Should stores not sell matches because someone might start a fire? Freedom doesn't need to be hard. You're free to play along with whatever games you want, the rest if us will be living our lives.
Oh trust me. I'm living my life. But you won't see me on here being upset/complaining when a store refuses to sell me something due to the state I reside in and their rules. I'll just smile and take my money elsewhere. Pretty simple. I let my money do the talking.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top