JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep seeing it is illegal to Import to Washington. does anyone have the definition of Importing?
covered ad infinitum in a number of other threads.

Far as i can tell that is referring to coming from overseas and not transporting something to your residence from another state?
No. Bringing a 10+ rd mag into WA state that wasn't present in the state before the ban was effective, is illegal, regardless of where it comes from.

I keep seeing it is illegal to Import to Washington. does anyone have the definition of Importing? Far as i can tell that is referring to coming from overseas and not transporting something to your residence from another state?
Importing is the process of brining goods not acquired within the state over state lines. So... if you pick up a giant sugar pinecone in Oregon and take it home with you to WA.. you just imported. 👍

Purchased or otherwise aquired out of your state of residence (Ie., a gift)... it's all the same.

I keep seeing it is illegal to Import to Washington. does anyone have the definition of Importing? Far as i can tell that is referring to coming from overseas and not transporting something to your residence from another state?
Effectively it is bringing any >10 round mag into the state which has not been here before. So you can take yours out and back again but could not bring any new ones in, or sell yours to anyone else in WA.

Did they? If so, I'm ignorant that anything became of it. And I still do not shop at BiMart. Most folks give them a pass also, as they have good ammo prices.o_O
I thought the lawsuit was decided, but I could be mistaken. I know fred myer, walmart and bi-mart where all into raising age restrictions to 21 a few years back. Honestly, I haven't kept up on it.

As most know Washington state recently banned the sale of any magazine's with more that 10 rounds. I went into Sportsmans today in Oregon and was refused the sale of a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. At the register for check out they made me show ID. Upon seeing my ID was from Washington state they rufused to sell them to me. The employee stated it was Sportsmans policy to not sell any mag over 10 rounds to anyone with a California or Washington ID. So with that being said was that a obvious case of discrimination or not?
No business "has" to sell anything, to anyone. It is their choice to sell or not. They have corporate attorneys and the wise legal advice is to ask for I.D.
Certainly, they do not want the BATF busting their doors down with an APC.

No business "has" to sell anything, to anyone. It is their choice to sell or not. They have corporate attorneys and the wise legal advice is to ask for I.D.
I would think the legal advice might keep them out of having to fight a legal battle on one front, but there is no way they can be held legally liable since there is no provable intent or negligence since ID verification is not required by any state or federal law.

"Screw the customer" policies have consequences, too. ;)

Not entirely true. If you're a protected class, you have to be served.

Seriously tho next time have one of these on and you should be good !
1665605693222.png
1665605773410.png

Although I support your actions advertising it here (including store names and locations) may not be the wisest.

And if it's store policy to check ID when selling then find someone else to cry to. Or make a friend in Oregon.

This sounds like a boohoo story, one step removed from a foot stomping tantrum. Glad you got the mag you wanted in the end, however discrimination this was not.

I dunno if it means anything, but one of my boys was over in Southern Utah at one time visiting. He was wearing his hiking boots with a pair of cargo shorts and a parka. A guy he didn't even know asked him right off..., "You from Oregon, hu?"

Is that a "thing"? :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top