JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday, I stopped in at Discount Guns newest location in Tualatin. There were very few people inside; odd, considering the crowds that I have encountered at every other gun shop in the past 3 weeks. I quickly found out why: there were no obviously visible prices on any guns or ammo, and I overheard a young man asking for a price on a box of 25 Kent #8 12 gauge game and target shot shells. The clerk took a moment to look it up and have his reply: $29.99. Are these the special shot made from pure .999 silver?

Bi-mart (5 mins away!)has em for 5.49. Lots of them. The clerk gave him a spiel about rising prices from the distributors, and runs on ammo. Last I checked, sportsmanship warehouse had pallets of bird shot.

Chain store. I did ask them about the $40.00 P-Mags, maybe when I go in I should take the blurb from Magpul about standing by their listed msrp's... See what they have say about that.

Discount guns does not live up to it's name any better than Cheaper than Dirt did. I bought *one* gun from them - an FNP-40 that was close enough to other stores prices that I would've wound up paying the same price in gas to drive across town. Everything else in their cases or on their walls - not so much. They don't deal much in used guns, unless they're in excellent/unfired condition. Then they mark them up as if they were new guns. Before any craziness about the ban or the election, they were marking plane jane Glocks with stock plastic sights for damn near $600, about $100 more than everyone else in town. Never saw a rifle under a grand. Their Magpul furniture has always been a bit on the high side, beyond MSRP.

As mentioned earlier, they're a chain store, out of Seattle I bleev. I'll give my money to local businesses who aren't so overpriced and underwhelming.

They have a notice on the register that says something like "due to riding cost of firearms prices marked may not be the actual price of firearm" As mentioned, none of the firearms have prices on them. two weeks ago they all had prices. I did hear him quote a 3rd gen Glock (depending on caliber) 650-750.00. Not sure if this is high or not but it "sounded" high to me.

Stopped in out of curiosity...basically a Glock store, VERY limited inventory. The long-arms mounted on the wall appeared to be decorative and not for sale...as noted above, no prices on displayed firearms. They also didn't seem to be particularly interested in engaging a sale...it's a wonder, to me, that any local gun-shop makes it these days. Although I'd like to keep my dollars local, I am not so interested that I am willing to compromise common sense. I don't guess that they are catering to those with more admirable powers of discretion...

Thanks for the i sight everyone. Passed by it yesterday and noticed it was not busy at all and wanted to go in so bad. Your insights have cleared my conscience from possibly wasting my time and gas. V8's aren't cheap to drive nowadays :)

V8's aren't cheap to drive nowadays :)
I'll let you fill our motorhome tank sometime!! 150 gallons of diesel at almost $4.00 a gallon and nothing more than 8 mpg either!

I was in the Vancouver store a while ago, they had a KelTec 5.56 pistol I wanted, their price was only $25 less than list and about $100 more than the last gun show that had them. I haven't been back since.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Went in today and asked about a shield... Obviously they are back ordered, but the guy behind the counter looked at me and talked to me like I was a freaking idiot! Pissed me off. Then asked about how much a box of American eagle 9mm was... $24.99 hahahah what a joke! Next a Glock 19 gen 3 for $650. I just left perplexed why they were selling anything. People don't waste your time. It's a joke

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top