JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I worked for them for awhile. Left in June. I'm pretty comfortable saying that I speak for all of the recently departed managers when I say that we're happy to have moved on and let DGS worry about DGS prices.

-- Ryan (tall guy, shaved head, used to be behind the counter at Beaverton, and briefly at Hazel Dell)

post script: I had a lot of awesome regulars. If any of them read this, I hope they know I miss the drop-ins!

I stopped at the one on Beaverton Hillsdale Highway a few weeks ago. Didn't know it was there, but I saw a story about someone trying to rob them with a baseball bat (that guy was a special kind of stupid), and I was looking for a revolver, so I swung in. Crazy prices on everything, ended up back at The Gun Broker in Tigard by the BiMart on 99W. I like them, bought both my pistols there. Yes, I only have two pistols... for now, lol!

You know something is wrong if a gun store is empty of people in this day and age.

Sorry to resurect this old thread, but I had to get this off my chest. This was my experience working for these jokers for 2 months. Almost nightly, I'd call in numbers that were completely sad. 20.00 - 100.00 per day. No guns being sold for more than a week on end and they blame their employees...and then let them go because no one is in the shop. That's why they also have such high employee turnover. Guess what, DGS? Do a bit of market research... It's not your employees fault. Its your nickel and dime policies, your awful pricing (Discount meaning 60% higher prices on ammo and guns than anyone else in Portland), and your refusal to even come close to your competitors stock.

I enjoyed all of my customers and I hope I gave people a decent buying experience...those that did buy something...

I thought it would be fun to work at a gun shop...It probably would be... anywhere but there.

Good luck to DGS. They'll need it.

Jason
2009 Husaberg FE570

I went into the Vancouver one on Hwy 99 since I had some time to kill. No prices on the guns still. Asked about Kimbers they said they were backordered for 18 months and required full payment up front. No idea of that's true for Kimbers at all. Other stores have said it took a $25,000 order and you took what they sent. Again, no idea if that's true.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

High priced, strangely stocked and never answer their phone.
Stick with Curts, fishermans, nw armory and places like that.
They are going to really have a problem once Cabelas opens up there in Tualatin next fall.
Very odd location and the way they are priced, I wondered if they were a front for something else? They sure dont seem to want to sell much with those prices??

My significant other thinks the shop is a front as well. However, with such a high profile and regulated business, I am not so sure. I can think of other businesses I would choose if I were creating front...lol.

Hard times indeed are on the way for the Tualatin location when Cabelas opens.

They are going to really have a problem once Cabelas opens up there in Tualatin next fall.
Very odd location and the way they are priced, I wondered if they were a front for something else? They sure dont seem to want to sell much with those prices??

Jason
2009 Husaberg FE570

I can't believe the Tualatin store is still open...I thought they would be long gone by now.
No price tags on things means high price... the old "if you have to ask you can't afford it"
statement is certainly true there.

My significant other thinks the shop is a front as well. However, with such a high profile and regulated business, I am not so sure. I can think of other businesses I would choose if I were creating front...lol.

Hard times indeed are on the way for the Tualatin location when Cabelas opens.

Jason
2009 Husaberg FE570

Not if you work for holdem & obum

I saw this place as I was getting gas; I thought it looked like a Discount Guns place with the generic red sign that just says "Guns". Once inside, I felt like I was browsing for guns at a dentist's office. When the re-goddamn-diculous prices were added to the mix , I made a beeline for the door.
Too bad we are loosing Threat Dynamics to Sherwood. I'll still make the trip, though.

I wish Tualatin Sherwood road sucked a little less. 3 miles of bad traffic both ways will hurt a little. I have become accustomed to my 5 minutes trips to pick up guns.
I blame the city on that one. Once Cabelas is finished, I am curious how much longer DG will be around?

They have a notice on the register that says something like "due to riding cost of firearms prices marked may not be the actual price of firearm" As mentioned, none of the firearms have prices on them. two weeks ago they all had prices. I did hear him quote a 3rd gen Glock (depending on caliber) 650-750.00. Not sure if this is high or not but it "sounded" high to me.

150 high

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads