JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm thinking that it's time to start reloading for my new 10mm "ghost gun". I've definitely got the hang of rifle. Is there anything that I should know? BTW this is a Glock 20 with a lonewolf match stock length barrel.

Thanks
James

Straight wall cases like the 10mm are easy. Get carbide dies so you won't need case lube You won't need to trim cases.
And there's tons of load data out there. I'm a big fan of the Lyman book as it has lots of data for lead bullets as well as jacketed and HP.
Have fun with it!:s0155:

Awesome. Figured it would be about the same. I have the hornady book and the nosler book. 9mm never interested me in reloading due to cost but 10mm is a diff story.

Thanks
James

Awesome. Figured it would be about the same. I have the hornady book and the nosler book. 9mm never interested me in reloading due to cost but 10mm is a diff story.

Thanks
James

10mm is just .40, on steroids! I've loaded .40 for about ten years now. I do get an urge from time to time to get a 10mm though. A Tanfoglio Limited/Hunter would make a cool 10mm gun.

If you are only going to load 10MM then consider getting a Dillon Square Deal B in 10MM
It comes set up to load 10MM All you need to do is set your powder charge and load the primer tube then you're off to the races .
Dillon also has the best warranty/customer service in the business.

10mm is just .40, on steroids! I've loaded .40 for about ten years now. I do get an urge from time to time to get a 10mm though. A Tanfoglio Limited/Hunter would make a cool 10mm gun.
Well, technically, the .40 S&W is a neutered 10mm. ;)

Straight wall cases are a snap compared to rifle rounds.

Case neck tension for days. Just go easy on belling the mouth to keep your cases from splitting prematurely. Only enough flare to start seating the bullet... You can't even really see the flare on my cases.

Then just enough crimp to remove the flare. No need for a factory crimp die. I've only needed the Lee FCD for bottleneck pistol cartridges and revolver cartridges with cannelures. I don't use it on 10mm and never had any seating issues.

BTW the common powders for zippy 10mm loads are blue dot, Longshot, aa#9, and BE-86. Most people will say blue dot but I got better accuracy, velocity and cleanliness from Longshot. It was really close tho. YMMV

10mm is a fun one to load. Since you use .40 cal die sets, if you sniff round for used there are a number of them out there from when .40 was the darling auto pistol round. Deals to be had for sure. Of course hands down carbide dies. I sold my extra .40 dies few months back but I guarantee ya there are plenty of them out there in boxes gathering dust.

Accurate #7 is my go go juice. 180gn Hornady XTP's in new Starline brass, makes some prudy rounds.

I do suggest investing in a case gauge to make sure your depth and crimp to remove the belling operation is balanced for drop in/out feeding.

I feed my 10mm to a G20SF and G40. If I see a deal on a used Kriss Vector in 10mm at some point, well that might get added someday.

CFDE736E-7C51-47A0-80DB-0A0920F0AB42.jpeg

10mm is a fun one to load. Since you use .40 cal die sets, if you sniff round for used there are a number of them out there from when .40 was the darling auto pistol round. Deals to be had for sure. Of course hands down carbide dies. I sold my extra .40 dies few months back but I guarantee ya there are plenty of them out there in boxes gathering dust.

Accurate #7 is my go go juice. 180gn Hornady XTP's in new Starline brass, makes some prudy rounds.

I do suggest investing in a case gauge to make sure your depth and crimp to remove the belling operation is balanced for drop in/out feeding.

I feed my 10mm to a G20SF and G40. If I see a deal on a used Kriss Vector in 10mm at some point, well that might get added someday.

View attachment 701526

That 10mm, what a round. Well more robust than 9mm or .40. And not as fat and obese as .45acp. With a LOT more Bang for the buck. And nickle plated brass, Ooooo. Only ting that would make that picture perfect would be Montana GOLD bullets in them. ;)

View attachment 701526
Exactly what I built is a g20sf. LPK shows delivery tomorrow. I have 300rds ready to go that I picked up. Can't wait to break this bad boy in. My first gun was a taurus PT945 ported and polished. Regret selling that thing.

You wouldn't happen to have a sight pusher and or a way to press in the front sight. I'm thinking me needs to get a file set and file the front sight hole. 2 sets of truglo sights and neither fit in the front hole. I Should contact lone wolf since it's their slide but that would take too long.

James

Exactly what I built is a g20sf. LPK shows delivery tomorrow. I have 300rds ready to go that I picked up. Can't wait to break this bad boy in. My first gun was a taurus PT945 ported and polished. Regret selling that thing.

You wouldn't happen to have a sight pusher and or a way to press in the front sight. I'm thinking me needs to get a file set and file the front sight hole. 2 sets of truglo sights and neither fit in the front hole. I Should contact lone wolf since it's their slide but that would take too long.

James
Sorry no sight tools.

Pistol way easier than bottle necked rifle cartridges. Still lots of ways to go sideways, so go slow.

I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Thanks everyone. I figured it would pretty much be the same. Will be giving it a go here in a week or 2. Last of my parts are out for delivery now to complete my g20. Very disappointed in the OEM style slide from lone wolf. Front sight wasn't cut good enough so I'm gonna have to do a dot of filing just to get it to fit. Other than that I can't wait to test this thing out.

Thanks
James

I started opposite of you; started loading pistol rounds and just recently started loading .308.

My first pistol round was the .45 Colt, then 10mm, then .40 S&W, then 9mm.

My G29 loves the Hornady XTP 180gr with 5.7 grains of Unique. Nice mild load...

7eSJkotlQ0m4-aGzFFcCEg.jpeg

I was just able to take mine out this morning and break it in some. A few hickups with stiff parts but I'd say not too bad. Especially for a P80 build. Keep in mind. This is S&B practice ammo at 25yrds doing nothing but eyeballing the rear sight when installing. After 100rds I picked up my casings and went to the 9mm that I haven't shot in a while and that's my carry. That target isn't posted though. I'm sure when I get to loading its gonnae much better.

I hear 180gr is pretty much solid. Is this true? Or should I go 200gr. Decided I will be reloading these for now on the rockchucker when I get to it. Either that or order a new tool head for the rcbs turret. But I deprime. Tumble in ss media. Clean real well then staty the reloading. So I haven't decided yet.

Thanks.
James

received_305580213777281.jpeg received_2272580229714905.jpeg

In my very limited experience, the major difference between loading for rifle versus pistol is that I could never double charge one of my Remington .260 rounds, the brass is very near full with the proper charge, not so much 9mm and .45 ACP - where a double charge is easily possible if you get distracted. As a result, I visually check every round on my admittedly slow Lee Progressive press. Might good practice until you're really comfortable with your reloading routine.

I think mine look great. I was extremely surprised about how things went today. I forgot to oil the barrel or even anything but the slide. I had a few light strikes due to the slide not sliding completely forward but for what things are I'm pretty impressed. Just ordered a second clip and another channel liner as I lost about an 1/8" plus when installing it.. Could have been the issue as well. Once it's reliable 100% for 100rds minimum it will be my new CCW.

James

20200527_000018.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class