JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good evening all. First time posting here since I joined up a few months ago. Once again, thank you to the admin for letting me join. Background - Small Bore Comp. Learned to reload at 8 yrs old from Dad - Former Marine/Range Master. Grew into High Power Comp./Across the Course/ Palma/Skeet/Trap. Late 90's got onto Tactical aspect, Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun. Life got in session and backed off. Looking to start things up again.

So, I have an opportunity to purchase a butt load of PRIMED AMMO INC/JAG .44 mag, .223, and 300BO brass pretty cheap. All factory/2nd party pulldown. It is all Ammo Inc/Jag. I heard that there were problems with some of the AMMO INC AMMO itself. Mainly them being overcharged. . I have loaded hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of rounds, in my lifetime. So i do know what to and NO TO DO! My question is... if there are any of you that HAVE RELOADED AMMO INC BRASS in those calibers I listed, or others. And if so, what was your experience? Does it reload pretty much like all other commercial brass? Hard to seat primers? How many reloads have you gotten out of them? Split cases when reloading, Or, are they pretty much toast after 2 reloads? The brass, to me, seems/looks kinda soft. Sure when your unsure about something... You ask! Any and all feedback / information concerning this matter would greatly be appreciated. I Thank you all ahead of time.

GR

There's one of twelve things that could happen.
And then you die.
That's true of everything though so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Then why did you even reply or respond??
We have a have a lot of fun around here. I hope you don't take these comments as being rude. There is tons of knowledge and experience on this site. You'll more than likely get the answers you want, it may just take a little while.

As to the question, personally, I'd rather not take the chance on the pulled/pre-primed brass. But I only have 11 years experience so....

I have and do use Jagerman brass sometimes in my manufacturing. I've not had any problems with it. As far as longevity I don't get a lot of brass back and when I do it's all treated the same, bad brass gets scrapped, good brass gets re-loaded. I will say I will not ever use someone elses primed brass. If I don't know what the componates are I don't use them period.

I have seen a couple posts about this same brand with specifically those same calibers lately. I'm wondering where the big sale is and why we haven't heard about it 😁. Welcome to our forum! Regarding your question, reloading that brand has led to several broken decapping pins due to small or offset flash holes. Not so many that I sort them out, I just "feel" for them while working the press.

Welcome to the party….

I really just recently began reloading AmmoInc
44 mag. Bought an initial 150 loaded rounds and have already reloaded them twice.

Maintain the factory length and pockets still tight. No case deformation and the last 25 rounds were on the hot end.

Haven't bought the brass outright…. Starline for that but can't say anything bad about the small sample I'm using from AmmoInc.

I have and do use Jagerman brass sometimes in my manufacturing. I've not had any problems with it. As far as longevity I don't get a lot of brass back and when I do it's all treated the same, bad brass gets scrapped, good brass gets re-loaded. I will say I will not ever use someone elses primed brass. If I don't know what the componates are I don't use them period.
this is all factory demilled.

1701578408785.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR