JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got off the phone with Rep. Evans' office (registering my request that he vote against SB 941), when the perky phone person happily informed me that it had "just passed".
Damn.
Can anyone confirm?

I just got off the phone with Rep. Evans' office (registering my request that he vote against SB 941), when the perky phone person happily informed me that it had "just passed".
Damn.
Can anyone confirm?

SB 941 wasn't even on the agenda for the day...

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Committees/HRULES/2015-04-29-15-00/Agenda

My understanding is that the Amendments are still in the process of being written and approved. But they could have very well have added it to the floor.

Damn.
Can anyone confirm?

Just trying to get you to stop calling them. Double up on the calls and letters when they do that.

Last Edited:
Well, file this under "Liars gonna lie"...
After seeing nothing about 941 passing, despite Rep Evans office telling me it had earlier today, I called back.
Seems they "mistakenly referenced another bill, which did pass today".
So, even though I expressly identified the bill by its number, and asked that Rep Evans not vote against my 2nd Amendment rights, the shining beacon of truth on the other end of the phone was confused enough to reference a totally unrelated piece of legislation??
OK, maybe file under "good help is hard to find" instead.
Don't worry folks, these people just want to control everything.
Not like its a big deal, right?

Now is the time to totally RAMP up the calls and Letters. Bury their butts in emails and phone ringers till they taste their own headache. :D

BE SURE AND BOOST THAT HEADACHE

AND

LET THEM KNOW YOU WILL VOTE REPUBLICAN IN ALL FUTURE ELECTIONS IF THEY PASS SB941

THAT WILL MAKE EM PUCKER............................

Last Edited:
They may not have the votes to pass this abortion.
Write your representatives NOW!
Maybe they are concerned about downstream consequences....

Sent this one today

"Representative Fagan;

Your sponsorship of SB 941 crushed my opinion of you.
After the Clackamas town center shooting, you said you would propose a tax credit for citizens purchasing a gun safe.
Was an excellent idea to foster gun safety!
Had the owner of the stolen rifle used at the mall secured his rifle in a safe, the shooter wouldn't have had that rifle.
Didn't hear anything more about it, but my opinion of your thinking was up.

Every Memorial day for the past 20 years, my Marine buddy has borrowed my M1 service rifle to march in full uniform as a color guard.
My adult children borrow my guns when they want to target shoot at Douglas Ridge.
My friends new to hunting and target shooting have borrowed my guns to get their feel before buying their own guns.
I have secured my guns in a Cannon vault safe since before it was fashionable, 1979.

I am a law abiding citizen, but if your bill passes, you will move the line between lawful and criminal.
I won't have moved, but SB941 and your actions will have moved it.
I am one of many law abiding citizens that think this way.
If you vote against this bill, my opinion of you will rise by leaps and bounds.
If you vote for this bill, I will remember you.

Sincerely
Rick Benjamin
Damascus, Oregon 97089"

Write these folks also! They may swing the vote!

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Something is slowing them up a bit all right. Can't think of something to write? Steal something someone posted and tweak it a bit to suit your needs. Even a simple "Please vote NO on SB941 in it's current form!"

How about,

Letting my friend keep his rifle in my safe is not a loophole that needs closing!
Giving my neighbor I've known my half life my old rusty shotgun is NOT a loophole!

Anything will do just be sure to put NO ON SB941 in the subject and somewhere in the letter!

Hey, I think my Rep. is on the fence on some parts of the Bill! Emphasize the No Lending/safekeeping without a BG check/transfer part of the Bill! Arne K said he had a phone conversation with his aid that went well.

Call and write A.S.A.P., he might be persuaded!

member_photo-jpg-230381-jpg.235926.jpg Representative John Lively
Democrat - District 12 - Springfield
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1412
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE H-488, Salem, Oregon 97301
Email: [email protected]

I have time tomorrow that I'm planning on probably burning through a cell phone battery making the necessary phone calls. Two phones in front of me, so I have multiple numbers I can call from ... you know just in case they see the repeated number come up on the switchboard.

Something is slowing them up a bit all right. Can't think of something to write? Steal something someone posted and tweak it a bit to suit your needs. Even a simple "Please vote NO on SB941 in it's current form!"

How about,

Letting my friend keep his rifle in my safe is not a loophole that needs closing!
Giving my neighbor I've known my half life my old rusty shotgun is NOT a loophole!

Anything will do just be sure to put NO ON SB941 in the subject and somewhere in the letter!

Yeah we don't want it in ANY form.

Don't forget, this bill makes in impossible for anyone between 18-21 to purchase a handgun. FFL's wont do a transfer on a handgun to someone under 21. Clear violation and infringement of the Second Amendment!

The Democrats dont give a crap about your rights, or the will of the people they represent, good luck guys. Not passing this bill is like a snowballs chance in hell. I live under i-594 get used to having your pistols registered so they can pass a ban then come to collect your arms to sell to cartel members.

I remember a saying to goes something like"from my cold dead hands" I dont like sounding like a conspiracy guy but they will come...

when the perky phone person happily informed me that it had "just passed".

then this tells me they dont care what you have to say or think about what they are doing ....they are going top pass this regardless

I fired off another bunch of emails, but have come to the realization the deomcraps HAVE screwed us

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top