JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
House Bill 2118 (destroy the FFL) passed out of committee w/ NO amendments. Dems asked for amendments & voted NO on all of them.

2118.JPG

All FFLs should stop providing service to state LEO and gov't agencies.
No worries, there won't be FFLS for anyone...LE, or otherwise. In the end, its the legislators and the folks that vote for them, passing these unconstitutional laws. Of course, there are also the silent firearm owners, ranges, and shops that say and do nothing...apathy is complicity.

Sadly if this becomes law we all know what will happen. Then after its too late we will see gun owners take to the net for months and even years later to scream and complain because they "just found out" this law went in. They will then of course want to know why no one stopped it while they sat on their hands and did not lift a finger. :mad:

Sadly if this becomes law we all know what will happen. Then after its too late we will see gun owners take to the net for months and even years later to scream and complain because they "just found out" this law went in. They will then of course want to know why no one stopped it while they sat on their hands and did not lift a finger.
Bingo, like the rest of crap that has passed. Luckily, all the Do Not Comply and I'll Move folks will still have all their options available.

Sadly if this becomes law we all know what will happen. Then after its too late we will see gun owners take to the net for months and even years later to scream and complain because they "just found out" this law went in. They will then of course want to know why no one stopped it while they sat on their hands and did not lift a finger. :mad:
What, exactly, should we be doing? Not askiing in a dick way, but in a constructive sense.

I've seen that thread. I probably posted in it.

So we should be weiting letters to people in gov. That's it?
Write letters, write e-mails, go in person and visit with the legislators in question, attend or even help organize protests. Educate people! A lot of this BS gets through because people are just plain ignorant. You have to get out there and light a fire under some asses.

Write letters, write e-mails, go in person and visit with the legislators in question, attend or even help organize protests. Educate people! A lot of this BS gets through because people are just plain ignorant. You have to get out there and light a fire under some asses.
And that will fix it and make them support the 2A? My opinion is that the only time our leaders want to hear from us is on election day. These leaders know exactly what they are doing.

I've seen that thread. I probably posted in it.

So we should be weiting letters to people in gov. That's it?
Not sure what thread you read then. When I1639 got voted in it made things like my 10/22 an "Assault Weapon". LOT of gun owners had no idea until they went to buy one and found out they now had to jump through new hoops and got angry. One of our supporting vendors here, Sporting Systems put up a LOT of their own money and time to get gun owners a chance at a do over. Put it back on the ballot. We could not even get enough of us to bother to sign the damn thing to get it up to another vote. That is what I meant by pick up a pen. If they will not do that what is the chance they will pick up a ballot?

I can guarantee you that sitting on your fifth point of contact and whining won't help.
The time to change this is when the ballots come out. Just like in Oregon - we keep voting for those that want to take those rights away. I am no fan of Kotek - I voted for Johnson someone that has supported the 2A.

The time to change this is when the ballots come out. Just like in Oregon - we keep voting for those that want to take those rights away. I am no fan of Kotek - I voted for Johnson someone that has supported the 2A.
That's true, but unless you're willing to get out there and educate folks and light a fire under 'em I can pretty much guarantee nothing will change.

That's true, but unless you're willing to get out there and educate folks and light a fire under 'em I can pretty much guarantee nothing will change.
Can you name a couple of times in the last 5 years where the populus in a state was able to change the elected leaders position on firearms to support the 2A?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top