JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No! We're back to educating people so that they vote correctly. Are you being deliberately obtuse?
No - the matter is I have not seen one leader change his position on gun control no matter how many letters, or meetings that have been made, to me its the equivalent of pissing into the wind in a dark suit. Makes one feel warm but does nothing. I asked for evidence that what you stated makes a difference - so far there is no evidence it does. The only way I know of getting rid of these obtuse laws is to vote the right people into office.

No - the matter is I have not seen one leader change his position on gun control no matter how many letters, or meetings that have been made, to me its the equivalent of pissing into the wind in a dark suit. Makes one feel warm but does nothing. I asked for evidence that what you stated makes a difference - so far there is no evidence it does. The only way I know of getting rid of these obtuse laws is to vote the right people into office.
Go after the people on our side. Educate them so that they vote correctly and then motivate them to vote. Nothing will change without a vote, true, but for sure nothing will change if our side doesn't get motivated and educated.

Not sure what thread you read then. When I1639 got voted in it made things like my 10/22 an "Assault Weapon". LOT of gun owners had no idea until they went to buy one and found out they now had to jump through new hoops and got angry. One of our supporting vendors here, Sporting Systems put up a LOT of their own money and time to get gun owners a chance at a do over. Put it back on the ballot. We could not even get enough of us to bother to sign the damn thing to get it up to another vote. That is what I meant by pick up a pen. If they will not do that what is the chance they will pick up a ballot?
Ah, that's what picking up the pen meant.

Go after the people on our side. Educate them so that they vote correctly and then motivate them to vote. Nothing will change without a vote, true, but for sure nothing will change if our side doesn't get motivated and educated.
So you really dont think that the average gun owner has a clue. My belief is that the average gun owner knows but is too lazy to vote and writing letters is not going to change that. When a good election turn out is less than 50% - there is a problem with those that should be casting a vote. In Oregon it is mail in and many arent motivated to fill in circles and drop it in the mail.

So you really dont think that the average gun owner has a clue. My belief is that the average gun owner knows but is too lazy to vote and writing letters is not going to change that. When a good election turn out is less than 50% - there is a problem with those that should be casting a vote. In Oregon it is mail in and many arent motivated to fill in circles and drop it in the mail.
Well then, I reckon ya might just as wrll turn your guns in now and be done with it. Sounds to me like you've already given up.

@Alexx1401 has it correct.

What difference does it make, if most people, not just gun owners.. won't even lift a pen to sign petitions to get things on the ballots?

Much less, actually vote on ballots.

What difference does it make; if people just vote for the letter by the name regardless of message, platform, behavior?

People just love to have excuses for not going out and doing the work needed. For not voting the closest to pro2A person in. For not voting out the incumbent or the ones who spent the most in ads.

Edit. 4 years on, and 2020 was the best damn chance to make huge changes in the Federal House of Reps (all 435 seats of the House were on ballots), and to do significant changes in the Senate (a not insignificant number of Senate seats were open)... and it proved abundantly clear that the majority of voters just voted for the letter by the name and not do a damn thing to effect real reform.

Can you tell me when most pro 2A people were actively involved in choosing decent leaders?
We have killed a lot of bills in committee, or at least got amendments made that reduced the harm. We're doing the same this this year. BUt by we, its a few people working hard to share information. We need people and businesses in the industry to all get involved and shout out loud. We've set records for participation, yet they still pass the laws...we need more. Louder. If 25% of WA CPL holders emailed the committee members...that 175,000 emails to the committee.

We have killed a lot of bills in committee, or at least got amendments made that reduced the harm. We're doing the same this this year. BUt by we, its a few people working hard to share information. We need people and businesses in the industry to all get involved and shout out loud. We've set records for participation, yet they still pass the laws...we need more. Louder. If 25% of WA CPL holders emailed the committee members...that 175,000 emails to the committee.
Do you believe if 175,000 emails were sent it would change the outcome of these bills being pushed through?

The biggest thing I see is $$$$. We The Peolple dont have that kind of money to fight weekly AND our tax dollars have been weponized against us in these ludacris laws.
The anti gunners have LOTS of money to spend to influence opinion. They have mainstream media, social media and the entirely if the democratic party. The know how to game the system, but we have voices. We just have to use them.

I am committed to the cause, not for a fundraiser. Not to justify my full time job, but because its right. I fight for my fellow citizens, not for click or like on post. I fight because that's what our forefathers did when freedom was challenged by tyrants and fascists. I will continue to fight every day on this inalienable right.

Do you believe if 175,000 emails were sent it would change the outcome of these bills being pushed through?
You bet. When "their" people start saying "whoa", they'll "whoa". We support a lot of democrats in our store. They're interested in firearms the same as others, they just won't speak up in their circles because it's not the popular, woke thing to do. They are smart enough to see massive numbers of people speaking out, represent a larger section of their constituency that isn't speaking, but agrees. Speak out, bring others to speak out. That's how this works.

This is going to take an effort like Let's Go WA to get initiatives on a ballot AND people like us to get the word out to sign the petitions. Once that's successful, we need to continue by getting the word to vote. There's hope instilled in the voting population once a petition receives more than enough signatures to get an initiative on the ballot.

We all would do well to learn from the examples set by both Glen Morgan and Rob Anderson (Clark County) as to how best to fight and win. I'll put a link to Glen's YT channel below.

This is going to take an effort like Let's Go WA to get initiatives on a ballot AND people like us to get the word out to sign the petitions. Once that's successful, we need to continue by getting the word to vote. There's hope instilled in the voting population once a petition receives more than enough signatures to get an initiative on the ballot.

We all would do well to learn from the examples set by both Glen Morgan and Rob Anderson (Clark County) as to how best to fight and win. I'll put a link to Glen's YT channel below.

We had a firearms Initiative with Lets Go WA for the 2023 session, same as the ones they just did. We worked with Glen Morgan and Brian Heywood on the 8 pack that year. Learned a ton, they refined the package and applied those lessons for the 2024 Initiative's to the legislature with resounding success. It will be back, I tried on the 1639 repeal with only 8 weeks in the winter of 2019 to make this happen, spending a large amount of my own money to make it happen, in 8 weeks of winter, with no ground network or organization, we got 150,000 signatures with all volunteers. It will happen, but not this cycle. We must fight the bills in the legislature and court rooms, and also prepare for a real initiative effort real soon.

To me this is the problem
1706126053462.png

Sad to say but the talking with these cretins is way past done because it ain't doing no good now, it never has in Wa because these tyrants are going to do what they wanna do no matter what we the peons say or do. Think about this, we are actually subhuman to them.

Do y'all remember back when I 594 was on the ballot? There was a lot of opposition.
Do y'all remember the thousands of gun owners that showed up at the capital to protest, with guns? It was very enlightening to see.

Do y'all remember the smaller numbers of crowds for I-1639 that showed up at the capital and protest, with guns? I couldn't believe it!

Fast forward to last year trying to get people to show up at the Capitol to protest anti-2A laws, 20 actually showed up from the Vancouver area. WTF!!!

Do y'all see what's been going on here over the last 18-20 years? I have, because I've been in Olympia for almost every legislative session and rallies, that my Health allowed me to attend.
Gun owners just don't give a quack anymore because they're afraid of their wives, parents, bosses, facial recognition or that their liberal friends might actually see them on the nightly news protesting gun regulations or for whatever reasons.

These gun haters have systematically silenced gun owners/2A in Wa!!! Thanks Owebammy, the west coast was watching and took notes!

I'm GD tired of trying to organize a proper opposition to fight these unconstitutional laws being shoved down our throats when most gun owners/2A proponents won't even lift a finger.
Remember these words, and remember them well "together we stand divided we fall."

My health is not letting me do what needs to be done effectively in Olympia anymore so some of y'all need to light a fire and take my torch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top