JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Over the past few months we've been quietly developing The Northwest Sportsman Community, which many of you have been eager to see get going. My intent is to build a place better suited to the hunters and fishermen here, and offer those folks another choice in which Northwest outdoor forum they prefer to call home. I don't see this as being an either or relationship with the Northwest Firearms Community, but rather a close 'sister community', depending on what the user is looking for. Spinning off the hunting and fishing will allow Northwest Firearms to focus on the firearm rights and self defense portion of gun ownership, while Northwest Sportsman will be infinitely more detailed and specific when it comes to outdoor recreation. By standardizing the layout, software, and operation of the the two sites, users will already feel at home (or at least as comfortable as they do here :D).

I'd like to get some feedback from those of you here who might have some ideas as to what they would like to see that community become. What are your thoughts?
DON'T know if this will be a problem but there is or was a magazine called north west sportsman IMAG0941.jpg

I welcome the idea of a forum that has more of a focus on sportsmen/women. Honestly I am quite tired of all the political talk, so if you could get rid of that on the new forum I'd be all for it.

You should have separate tabs for different types of hunting and fishing. Elk, Deer, Predators, Waterfowl, Upland Birds, Turkey, Warm water fishing, Salmon/Steelhead, Sturgeon, Salt Water, etc...
You have to keep a section at the bottom so we can all vent about ODFW and WDFW (or whatever Washington calls it). Just saying, we still need to be aware and express opinions of our rights and restrictions being placed upon them.

Also, a fly fishing section would be cool... maybe split it up by type of hunting or fishing. Maybe add a camping/back packing section (I imagine it to resemble the doomsday prepper section). Maybe even a specific survival technique section that is focused on more realistic occurrences; lost in woods, fell out of tree stand, boat motor broke down in front of portland spirit... et cetera (I've been in that last situation before so don't tell me it doesn't happen!).

Like I said, put politics at the bottom so the fun stuff is easier to find. I do prefer positive and constructive conversations. My two cents...
Cheers to your efforts!

Apologies for the negative post, Joe, but at some point, you have to call it.
I think it might be time to think about shutting that site down.
Latest post is from May 14, 2017. One of only two posts from that year. Everything else is 2014-2016.
Seems it might be a better use of Joe's energy to simply concentrate on this site.

...JMHO.

What about getting Oregon Outdoor Council on board? Could you possibly network with NSSF for some exposure? There would be a strong dynamic there.

Apologies for the negative post, Joe, but at some point, you have to call it.
I think it might be time to think about shutting that site down.
Latest post is from May 14, 2017. One of only two posts from that year. Everything else is 2014-2016.
Seems it might be a better use of Joe's energy to simply concentrate on this site.

...JMHO.
Huh...I had no idea about this NWS community until you posted and I looked into it. At a glance, it seems to have some pretty good info, just not enough usage.

Huh...I had no idea about this NWS community until you posted and I looked into it. At a glance, it seems to have some pretty good info, just not enough usage.

That is indeed the case...some good information....fun posts...just not a lot of usage.
I enjoy talking about hunting , hiking , camping and such...and so it seems some others...just not a whole lot of folks there.
Andy

Well, if Joe still wants to make that other site work, he might get a little more traffic over there, if, when clicking on whatever link gets one to this site, they're met with a separate page that asks them to choose the site they'd like to go to; NWfirearms or NWSportsman?
Click on the site name to go there.

All signed up as Mister Bisley! Not 100% certain but the format reminds me of another forum I frequent ;)

I think that having fishing and hunting threads here on NWFA might actually hurt the productivity on NWS.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top