JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like there's no problem here at all, and that the proposed rule is meaningless. One way to satisfy the proposed requirement is "a device incorporated into the design of the firearm that is designed to prevent the operation of the firearm by anyone not having access to the device". This would apply to every trigger on every firearm. If one does not have access to the trigger the firearm cannot be fired. Seems pretty simple to me. :p

Dont all pistols now come with a hard case with a padlock hole? Seems like the FFL could just keep some padlocks on hand.

But then longarms might need to offer a hardcase.

Then what about unfinished lowers? Since those are legally fireamrs.... Sell a tiny lock box? :p

I think the idea here is kids access....
In that case maybe a belt.

Sadly in the 80s my neighbor's grandchild drowned in their pool. Across the street neighbor had a rack of hunting guns unlocked with 3 boys. Never a issue.

I understand modern times. You can't tell kids nothing. I am pre judging, the people that need this the most won't be prosecuted because their young child will be dead. But some suburban family will be based on a zoom chat.

The issue is deeper than simple discipline, nowadays people dont spend time with their kids they let someone else raise them. Add an unsecured gun to the home and its just a matter of time.

The issue is deeper than simple discipline, nowadays people dont spend time with their kids they let someone else raise them. Add an unsecured gun to the home and its just a matter of time.
We are on the same page. I grew up in a binary family. Dad worked and Mom stayed home and raised the kids. Dad came home every night, and I knew who he was.

Somehow, that makes me a racist, misogynistic white supremacist.

And I ain't even white!

Perhaps as part of Brandon's "Build Back Better" program the ATF should provide free safes to dealers to give away to customers who buy a gun. After all, if they are going to waste money it would be nice if they threw some at gun owners.

:s0139:

Perhaps as part of Brandon's "Build Back Better" program the ATF should provide free safes to dealers to give away to customers who buy a gun. After all, if they are going to waste money it would be nice if they threw some at gun owners.

Yup, if gun controllers spent their billions on gun safety programs it would solve the issue.

Instead they reject gun safety initiatives.

Gobment supplied gunsafes made in China with remote access to keep them locked. Sarcasm.

It is a wonderful suggestion to educate people that safes are a good idea to keep your family safe. But I see it as an overreach to be able to jail you for non-compliance.

I went to buy a new Ford Bronco and they told me that I had to buy a garage for it.
No joke, when the Dodge Viper first came out, as part of the sale, you had to take out a life insurance policy specific to that car, if you got killed, Dodge wanted to make sure your debt if any to them was fully paid off!
I have heard other brands also required this, don't know if it's legal or not, but still!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top